(Discussion) Bondi October 2013 shipping issues & complaints

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice on removers. I plan to do and NYPD base manicure with Brickroad roses. I hope it comes out alright.

Quote: Originally Posted by swimsalot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the advice on removers. I plan to do and NYPD base manicure with Brickroad roses. I hope it comes out alright.

I'm sure it will be beautiful ... those were my high school colors!

Anybody remember my two broken index fingernails from my Diet Coke addictions? I broke down a little while ago and cut the others (which had gotten really long for the first time in a long, long time) and cut all my nails back as far as I could go. Time for a fresh start and to remember the golden rule: Your Nails Are Jewels, Not Tools!

While I am excited about my voucher I am trying to be paitent and hold off on using it, in hopes that after the boxes ship this month the colors for this month will be available!  I am going to try and wait until 10/15 or when boxes start shipping!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  While I am excited about my voucher I am trying to be paitent and hold off on using it, in hopes that after the boxes ship this month the colors for this month will be available!  I am going to try and wait until 10/15 or when boxes start shipping!

Alas, I could not wait ... lol ... what else is new? I used mine last night!

Haha I don't blame you!  I was sooo tempted and kept filling and unfilling my cart but I am hoping to get Cuff me or like a lady but they are not "availble" yet.  Le sigh.  If they do not show up I will put them in next month's box or something!  I do not want to let a good coupon pass me by!

Can't wait till all you ladies start getting your boxes!  I want to see the pretties!  And the beauty extras!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alas, I could not wait ... lol ... what else is new? I used mine last night!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where the new colors still unavailable if you went in through the selection email?

I don't know I didn't even try (palms forehead)!  Off to try that now.

Thanks for making the papery green stuff fly out of my wallet faster Angi! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where the new colors still unavailable if you went in through the selection email?

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Cuff Me was described by whoever is working FB for Bondi today as a metallic taupe.

Thanks, Angi, for letting me know I didn't miss anything, reading through all this, about Like A Lady. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I described Cuff Me as a metallic taupe in my own mind too, though I added the words pink and champagne to it too, because it looks like it has those overtones. Of course, we won't really know until we have it on our nails.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Monika! 

Here are some tips on handling awful formulas:

• Make sure you apply the polish in very thin layers. Like, the first coat should be barely visible (esp if it's a light polish, like CPB)
  • Allow each consecutive layer to dry completely
  • For white and bright polishes alternate each color coat with a coat of matte base, it will even out the color and the streaks
  • Repeat until desired opacity

My Central Park Blossom order shipped earlier today, and I'll make sure to post swatches when it comes. I really like the color, and I'll do anything to make its horrid formula work for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm at coat number 4, and put some Nubar Diamont in between 2 and 3 (I doubt if that helped anything other than getting it to dry and harden a bit so I could do a few things). I pretty certain I still didn't do things thinly enough; and I don't have any matte base (do you mean like a matte topcoat used as a base or do you mean something else?), and I'll need at least a coat 5, and potentially 6. Thank-you very much for the details - I agree it is a beautiful colour. And it will be even better on me, I think, in the dead of Winter or in early Spring when I have no tan. It's just 'that kind' of colour! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll look forward to seeing your success with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm at coat number 4, and put some Nubar Diamont in between 2 and 3 (I doubt if that helped anything other than getting it to dry and harden a bit so I could do a few things). I pretty certain I still didn't do things thinly enough; and I don't have any matte base (do you mean like a matte topcoat used as a base or do you mean something else?), and I'll need at least a coat 5, and potentially 6. Thank-you very much for the details - I agree it is a beautiful colour. And it will be even better on me, I think, in the dead of Winter or in early Spring when I have no tan. It's just 'that kind' of colour! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll look forward to seeing your success with it.

Monika, I used a matte topcoat between shades of white, so this is probably what Anastasia meant.

Yay selection time!  I chose Cuff Me, Police Box, and Girl on Top.  With my voucher, I got Strawberry Fields & Top of the Rock (but had to pay $3.99 for shipping.... oh well). I've been searching for the perfect grey, and I hope TotR is the one.  October's gonna be a goooooood polish month! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi guys,

I am around for the next few hours. I will be reading posts to catch up, there is a lot so it will take me some time, Please quote this message and ask any questions that you have and I will happily answer them as I am going through the pages.

Rich

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my email, 4 beautiful colors to choose from.

Richard, will we be able to add on additional boxes?

Hi Jessica, 

We are actually holding off on the additional box as we want to wait till Septembers and Octobers boxes have shipped. It wouldn't be appropriate given the recent delays to market an additional box. We will send out an email if we do decided to move forward with the additional box later in October. 

--James 

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think my monitor needs to be color-calibrated. Seriously. I noticed someone posted Tavern on the in a picture somewhere yesterday and it looked like a shade of blue. I have it here and it is definitely a dark teal green. What I'm wondering about the new selections is this: Is Glitz & Glam a metallic red or a metallic deep dark pink?

Hi there Angie, 

Glitz & Glam is more of a metallic raspberry color, hope that helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

--James 

Richard... Could you describe what Glitz 'n Glam looks like? Is it a red, pink, or combination of the two?

Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi guys,

I am around for the next few hours. I will be reading posts to catch up, there is a lot so it will take me some time, Please quote this message and ask any questions that you have and I will happily answer them as I am going through the pages.

Rich

Sorry, Richard, I can't stick around tonight. I have to be up early in the am. I'm sure you will answer everything that people are wondering. And I hope you don't scroll past where I nominated GIRL ON TOP to be BONDI's SIGNATURE COLOR, such as NARS Orgasm. Although, the more I look at it, the more Cuff Me (which I described as a mink metallic yesterday) is really going to be a HUGE seller if it swatches as well in real life as it looks on the screen!

Richard... Could you describe what Glitz 'n Glam looks like? Is it a red, pink, or combination of the two?
Nevermind... just saw James posted on this. Thank you!!! Cannot wait. The colors look beautiful.

Quote: Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really wish there were swatches. Swatches (even Julep swatches) really help me make a decision regarding nail polish. Torn between canceling or just skipping until things get smoothed out.

This is something that is in the works and something that we know needs to happen, we apologize for the delay as we know this is a very popular request. 

-- James 

Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay selection time!  I chose Cuff Me, Police Box, and Girl on Top.  With my voucher, I got Strawberry Fields & Top of the Rock (but had to pay $3.99 for shipping.... oh well). I've been searching for the perfect grey, and I hope TotR is the one.  October's gonna be a goooooood polish month! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ah yes, you confirm what I suspected - shipping, blech, yuck. Top of the Rock is definitely a beautiful grey colour. It's even better than I expected, and I will be wearing it a lot this Winter, well after I finish doing a whole bunch of manis!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back