Do You Avoid Cosmetics That Are Made in China?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinese have a rich history of manufacturing and producing products and were truly one of the first to do this (need I refer to the Old Silk Road), so I think it would be selfish not to buy products from there. I love the nail products from China and although some of the ingredients can be sketchy, this type of tribulation can also happen domestically here in the United States, as well. With that said, I buy a lot of things from China. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Personally, I care a lot about the Chinese people and I want them to be paid fairly for their work. I've seen pictures of factory workers who look miserable, pictures of women curled up underneath their work table to get what little rest they can. They are one of the hardest working people, but they get paid so little in most places. If a company can turn around and sell their blush for $4, it makes me wonder how much they're paying for the product to be manufactured in China to be able to profit from it. It's not just animals that are mistreated, but the people too. 

i am manufacturer of sodium hyaluronate as cosmetic ingredient in china , lots of factory producing cosmetic ingredient and exporting to USA,UK....with good reputation and high quality.And , many foreign cosmetic industries produce end-produce use ingredient from china. China is one of best and largest factory of our earth, those factory may be harmful to our environment, from that, china sacrifice a lot to our world.There are lots of manufacturer in china, most of them are good with high quality products,even the most advance area of the world has poor qualtiy products.

i am manufacturer of sodium hyaluronate as cosmetic ingredient in china , lots of factory producing cosmetic ingredient and exporting to USA,UK....with good reputation and high quality.And , many foreign cosmetic industries produce end-produce use ingredient from china. China is one of best and largest factory of our earth, those factory may be harmful to our environment, from that, china sacrifice a lot to our world.There are lots of manufacturer in china, most of them are good with high quality products,even the most advance area of the world has poor qualtiy products.
I think most people here are concerned with animal testing laws. But this is very true! ä¿æŒè‰¯å¥½çš„工作!

Ok, Wow! Although this discussion has become somewhat heated, I think that's good. I like to hear different people's opinions.

Firstly, I never avoid anything made in china. I have gotten fairly more interested in ingredients on my cosmetics lately, so I do pay attention to that, but just because it's made in China doesn't put up any red flags to me. 

I do, however, avoid cosmetics that are sold in China, like some others here mentioned, only because that means it is mandated to have animal testing on them. So I don't buy it, because using cosmetics that are not tested on animals is important to me. No other reason than that.

But something got me really down- certain people avoiding purchasing 'cruelty free' because they think it will make them look like they think they are better than others? That makes me sad, knowing people are out there thinking about that. I don't think that's true, and I certainly hope people around here don't think that's true of me when I ask questions about certain cruelty-free items. I mean, I would stick to the 'cruelty free group' but not many people actually post there, and I think I should be able to post in the main forum too. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hehe.

Personally, I went 'cruelty-free' at the beginning this year. Not to foist it on anyone else, not to show people how 'good' I'm being, but because I give a care about it, and it's important to me. I am not a vegan or even a vegetarian, and I understand that most of the medicines I take are probably tested on animals as well. But thinking that any animal suffers so I can have rosy cheeks? No. Just no. That's not for me. I'm not judging anyone else, but this is how I feel. And how I feel only matters to me.

I find it important, so I do the research on it. If you don't find it to be important to you (not saying you don't think it's important, just that it's not a priority in your life) then that's perfectly fine. Personally, I do find it to be a priority, and that's fine too. That's me. I like to support companies that don't test on animals (if they are owned by a conglomerate that does testing on other lines, such as Estee Lauder, or Loreal, so be it, because I'm still spending money on a cruelty-free line and they will see that line is doing well.) That's just my personal take on it.

You can go much further into it, but hey, you've got to do what works for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by shushkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Cosmetics manufactured in China must all under go testing on animals. It makes my blood boil!

That is the reason why you should not buy cosmetics manufactured in China. Check out this link

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/13/china-cosmetics-animaltesting-idUSL2N0IU0BZ20131113

...perhaps China is finally feeling the squeeze
I think that might just refer to cosmetics sold in China, not manufactured. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back