Do you get defensive about your age?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not usually I don't. I'm 18 and I love it = ]

I also don't mind people thinking I'm older or anything, but sometimes I will look at people a little weird if they tell me they thought I was like 15 or something (the pic in my avatar is an old one, it was either taken last summer or the summer before i cant remember)

I am sensitive about it but not the way people usually are. I am going to be 25 in June and people still think I am in high school! I know its not a bad thing to look younger then you are but.....it kinda sucks when people dont even think you can drive and you are 25! sheesh!

I am so naughty right now!! Hehe, my mum's boyfriend's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and we were looking at cards and my brother pulled out one that has Ozzy Osbourne on it and when you open the card he screams 'I don't ******* care how old you are! What are you ******* paranoid!' Because he is so sensitive about his age, I think that would be a great card for joke, but I am pretty sure he won't take it as a joke. I love winding him up so....

I don't even think he is that old anyway...

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif honestly I love to brag about my age Im proud of who ,what and how old I am I totally agree! I'm the same way!

as of 5 years ago i always looked younger than i was. never tried to but just did. i have had so much going on in the last 5 years (not good) that now i look my age and maybe even older. i will be 60 the end of this year. it doesn't bother me. the only time i was really bothered was when i was younger. i always wanted to be older. now that i am this age i wonder what the hell i was thinking about!!!!!lol

I hate when my younger sister and her friends make jokes about me being old. I'm in my early twenties, and they've done it since I was in high school. I'm not old, and it's not at all funny!

I'm 38 now and don't feel defensive about my age. When I tell some people my age they think I'm only in my 20's.

I don't care about my age-- I'm 41 and proud of it. It's all about attitude!!

I just turned 35, I'm proud of it! I get told that I look 10 years younger so I guess that's what makes me proud of my age. When I'm carded for age restricted products, I feel great. Most people hate that ( I know, I used to have to ask for ID all the time)... I'm actually offended when someone doesn't ask me for my ID when purchasing age restricted items.

My mother is in her 50's and looks like she's 10 years younger as well.....she's also half Japanese (that makes me 1/4 Japanese), so all this may have something to with Asian genes. Who knows.....

When I was 12, I looked 21.....now that I'm 35, I look 25.....it's funny how that works. We spend our teen years trying to look older, and the rest of our lives trying to look younger. Oh the complexities of being woman!

I would never fly off the handle at anyone, especially a little kid for broadcasting my numerical age. It's only a number.

I get defensive only because people think I'm younger than I am. I look about17/18 I think but I'm actually turning 21 in a few months time and it annoys me when people speak to me like I'm a child with no idea about anything.

My guy can get a bit defensive too but that's because he thinks he's getting old (he's 26) haha.

Whoever said women were more vain about age never met my boyfriend!

People make you feel you are an Old After you tell them Your age But From inside you always feel same as You were 19 Only Age make you experienced and mature so Nothing to worry about Older Age. But some times you feel You are getting Older But You cannot stop it but You can stop thinking about your age.

Back