Do you get offended by this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily, no one has said that to me (or about me that I know of). But I would be very upset if they did. That's a really cruel thing to say...regardless of who is saying it.

The worst I've had happen to me was after I had done all my makeup and gotten ready to go out, I was asked if I needed to get ready. As if I looked like a mess or something. lol.

It's hurtful. I know I look better with makeup and I feel like I can't go out without makeup because I look horrible without it, but I still don't need to hear it from other people....I have a low self esteem and things like that make me feel awful.

My old roomate said that about me behind my back, and I was devastated. But the thing is, she ain't no prize herself.

I think it is meant to be offensive.

Originally Posted by HonnieCake /img/forum/go_quote.gif "she's only pretty with makeup"
screams.gif

i wouldn't feel offended, just sad because i know i look good with makeup and really different without

When I was in highschool i used to wear a full face everyday (an all girls school) It was just me! I loved to do makeup... long story short the school disciplinarian made me take off my makeup and i wasn't a loud to wear it. I was a good student a lot of people didnt like me just because i wore makeup...

well one day in one of the bathroom stalls someone wrote on the wall in the stall that I am ugly without makeup.... it hurt!

I wouldnt be offended, I would kick the persons ass....

No one has ever said it to me so far, maybe because I dont wear a lot of make-up, only a lot of eye stuff...But if someone would say it, they would be sorry :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OMG thats what happened with me
frown.gif

now i never go out with out cover up ..it sucks

Humeira

Originally Posted by katey_pie237 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes! This this offends me....
I have scarred skin and feel like i look like i have chicken pox without makeup. I once came to work several times without makeup on - BIG MISTAKE! I copped comments like 'are you sick?' & 'whats wrong with you?'
frown.gif
i know its probably just because they were used to seeing me with my face done up but still......

I am embarassed to even leave the house without makeup these days which is sad and i hate looking at myself in the mirror after i get out of the shower etc with no makeup on
frown.gif

People should keep comments like that to themselves even if the person they are saying it to appears full of confidence, you just never know....

I've never been told I'm only pretty with makeup. I don't think too many people would be bold enough to say it to anyone's face! People say that a lot about celebrities. I think it's a jealousy thing. Anyway, makeup enhances beauty. It can't create it. Beauty is beauty.

I wouldn't be offended... but not much phases me. If my husband said something like that.. I would probably be hurt tho

I don't know...lol. I definitely need it and sure look better with it, but I'd love to be complimented just once for my "natural look."

Hell yeah I would get offended!!! I'd get offended if it were a stranger OR if it were someone I knew/family member/friend. No matter who says it it's not a nice comment. I'd get more offended if it were someone I love because they all know how much I love makeup as an art and as a hobby, and for them to say something like that would be like a personal attack to me and not just a random offensive comment.

I've heard that said about me too...and yeah, I can honestly admit to myself that I do look better with makeup, but I wouldn't want to hear it from someone else..that would be offensive to me. And then there's also people who think just because you put on makeup means you're hiding behind your makeup, even though it may not be true. Makeup is meant to enhance your features, but at the same time I also love makeup as a means of self-expression...like something that completes an outfit and shows your taste and personality.

I'm probably in the minority, but if someone said that to me, I wouldn't be offended, seriously. Because I feel people say such things anyway because they are jealous and the way I look at it, if you think mu can make a person pretty, why don't YOU wear it and look good as well? Mu is alot about application, knowing how to match shades etc. and some people DO do it better than others, and that in itself is quite an accomplishment.

OMG i'll certainly be offended

i'm a student and i see that at the university many people dont like me just because i wear makeup, and even my mum too

it sucks

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif i've heard the opposite. I know some guys can't stand if the makeup is way overdone. Me too, I know a lot of guys that like girls that don't wear very much makeup.

I've never had some one say that to me, but I've heard it said to other people. I think it's rude. Some people layer on so much make up and they look flawless, that it's such a shock when you see them without their 'face' on, so I guess I can understand where the statement is coming from. If I'm just wearing concealer, foundation, and a bit of blush people claim they can't tell I'm wearing make up which is a compliment to me. It means that I've evened out my skin tone without looking fake.

i would most definately get offended. but to be honest they juss jelaous of the makeup skillssss thats we got goin on. lol HATE ON ITTTTTT

yea i do. because their intention is not to compliment the makeup, it's to say you have no natural beauty. the only times i hear that is when other girls are trying to "compete" with me for a guy.

Back