Do you have a video tutorial pet peeve ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also:

~people with hair covering their eyes,

~people who say "I wonder what it'll look like if I put this color on there..." (please have a predetermined idea of what the tutorial will consist of/look like),

~bad lighting, (I would like to be able to see the video.)

~frequent breaks to chat,

~spending thirty mintues blending two colors together, stopping the camera, and magically coming back with full liner, brows, lashes, etc.

~people that constantly say "but you can do it however you want or use whatever colors you want" (Really? You'll allow it??)

~people with disgusting makeup habits: sucking on q-tips and then using them to clean up the eye area, licking fingers and then touching to the eyeball to remove mascara gunk, blowing on brushes, lashes or shadows, dropping brushes on the floor and then continuing to use them, using dirty brushes...we all have silly habits when doing are own makeup but seriously you're making a video! Wash the brushes before hand and hold off on the unsanitary habits for the half hour it takes to make a tutorial.

I probably sound like a ***** right now but it bothers me that people place themselves in such a public forum without caring about their appearance, surroundings, presentation, etc. and then become offended when people criiticize their techniques.

How about the people who call the makeup artist fat? It sounds like these people don't think that anyone who is overweight should be wearing any makeup. Really awful. I also hate that people thumb down other people's comments because they dare criticize the technique.

I dont like it when they are looking for a product and make that annoying noise. My other pet peeve is this one person who i love their videos but for some reason the sound is always really bad so i gave to watch it with no sound or ill go nuts. lol

I'm so glad someone started this thread!!!!

Too much chatter!!!!! C'mon!!!! I shouldn't have to fast forward through the first three minutes of the 'tutorial' to get to some meat!!! I wanna see makeup!!!! It just reminds me of Eccentric's performance on American Idol and how there was this huge buildup and everybody is just watching and waiting... waiting... waiting some more...

- When the artist just shows themselves putting on makeup and they don't saying anything, they're just playing music and they put the product up to the lens and point to it with the end if the brush. It's like you're watching a silent movie or something. That irks me so much!!! I will not even watch

those videos.

- Best of all when they don't show themselves when they're actually applying makeup, they just show still images of themselves and play music in the background and list the products kinda of like closing credits to a movie. Um, okay excuse me but what part of this was a tutorial???

Sorry, I guess you can tell I'm been waiting to vent on this topic! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Love Souljah /img/forum/go_quote.gif The girls that say things like, "okay, girls" to sound more posh than they really are. I haate that too.

I'm so glad someone started this thread!!!!

- When the artist just shows themselves putting on makeup and they don't saying anything, they're just playing music and they put the product up to the lens and point to it with the end if the brush. It's like you're watching a silent movie or something. That irks me so much!!! I will not even watch

those videos.

quote]

i actually like this , (usually). Sometimes i get irritated at the sound of some people's voices- especially if they go wayyy left field into personal stuff, or if they take forever to finish a sentence. I'm really appreciative of their making the videos, don't get me wrong, but that just drives me crazy!!! Oh, and when the pic is really vibrant and then the tutorial itself is really washed out. boooooo!

I have to also mention that I hate the tutorials that are cut down to 1 minute segments, one video for each step. I think Ivillage does this? Really annoying because I don't have the patience to search for the concealer portion, then the blush portion, then the eyeshadow portion, etc.

Back