Do you have plans for Valentine's Day?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am working the night shift that day. like 11:30AM - 11:30PM. Can't really plan much with that going on. Not like it matters. Not with anyone to spend it with, nor am I interested at the moment to.
I have half a mind just to send you some chocolates cuz I know working holidays sucks.

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have half a mind just to send you some chocolates cuz I know working holidays sucks.

Lol, it's fine. I even worked Christmas Eve. x_x.... But really, it doesn't bother me. I have never celebrated Valentines Day, since I have never had reason to. I'll be fiiiiiiiiiiine. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the other hand too, trying to eat a bit better. Chocolates wouldn't help that. D:

Lol, it's fine. I even worked Christmas Eve. x_x.... But really, it doesn't bother me. I have never celebrated Valentines Day, since I have never had reason to. I'll be fiiiiiiiiiiine. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the other hand too, trying to eat a bit better. Chocolates wouldn't help that. D:
I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve & NEw Year's Day. I'm one of the strongest people in my department so it's nice to be relied on but sucks when I get hit with that crap. =[

Eating better? Okay... how about chocolate covered strawberries. There's fruit in there. That's healthy. Lol!

I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve & NEw Year's Day. I'm one of the strongest people in my department so it's nice to be relied on but sucks when I get hit with that crap. =[

Eating better? Okay... how about chocolate covered strawberries. There's fruit in there. That's healthy. Lol!

Christmas day? What do you work for? o_O.... That's harsh! Better be something medical related. >.o... I think it is YOU who needs the chocolates. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now that's not fair. I walked into a Godiva the other day and there was a lady dipping strawberries in chocolate at the door. Smelled sooooo good..... but no, never, no. D:....

....Eh, not like it matters. I am holding back, but not stopping my bad eating habits. x_x

Christmas day? What do you work for? o_O.... That's harsh! Better be something medical related. >.o... I think it is YOU who needs the chocolates. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now that's not fair. I walked into a Godiva the other day and there was a lady dipping strawberries in chocolate at the door. Smelled sooooo good..... but no, never, no. D:....

....Eh, not like it matters. I am holding back, but not stopping my bad eating habits. x_x
She works in Customer Service, which is what I work in when I work XD and I have worked New Years eve and Christmas day too XD Also a bit of dark chocolate is good for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the one with less milk and less sugar if possible, which is actually my personal favorite! It's rich in anti oxidants and because it has less milk, it has less fat :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Stop tempting meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. D:.... *Snags a lindt chocolate nearby*

.....Look what you are making me do! D:....

And customer service? Doesdn't sound worth missing Christmas with the family over. D:.. You two are nuts.

Stop tempting meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. D:.... *Snags a lindt chocolate nearby*

.....Look what you are making me do! D:....

And customer service? Doesdn't sound worth missing Christmas with the family over. D:.. You two are nuts.
 Bahahaha at the lindt comment

and yes, I work the front desk at a hotel. 
smile.gif
 I love my job and it pays well, but working the holidays sucks. Thankfully my manager splits up the shifts on holidays (like 3 of us may work instead of 2 so that each shift is shortened) but it's still unfortunate :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She works in Customer Service, which is what I work in when I work XD and I have worked New Years eve and Christmas day too XD Also a bit of dark chocolate is good for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the one with less milk and less sugar if possible, which is actually my personal favorite! It's rich in anti oxidants and because it has less milk, it has less fat :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
....but everyone knows milk chocolate is tastier than dark =] 

which is what the boyfriend better be snagging on vday for me lol!

Bahahaha at the lindt comment

and yes, I work the front desk at a hotel. 
smile.gif
 I love my job and it pays well, but working the holidays sucks. Thankfully my manager splits up the shifts on holidays (like 3 of us may work instead of 2 so that each shift is shortened) but it's still unfortunate :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sad thing is, I really did get one.... and it was milk chocolate with white milk chocolate on the inside. ): *Slaps own wrist for doing that.*

Yeah, it is unfortunate. :/.... At least my job pays well too (Though, not the best pay, very good for the benefits I get like free food, drinks, and if not many people to deal with, a LOT of free time) so holidays aren't bad, as long as it isn't a holiday that I plan to get together with someone.... like Christmas/Christmas Eve and so on. Valentines Day is just going to be another work day, "and in the end, it doesn't even matter." :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But yeah, I guess I can see why a Hotel would need workers still, since you can't just kick everyone out for Christmas, lol. I kind of wanted to try working for a hotel myself some time ago, but never did. I don't think I could force myself to look that "upper class" in apparel. I mean, yeah, my current job, I am supposed to be white button shirt, black pants, the tie and nametag sort of mumbo jumbo, but when I think Hotel workers, I think like high end work dress code... then again, I am thinking Marriott, Sheraton, and Hilton. xP

Back on the subject of chocolate though, Why doesn't cadbury exploit their awesome eggs on Valentines Day and make heart shaped cadbury eggs? D:.... God, those are so good. >_>

....but everyone knows milk chocolate is tastier than dark =] 

which is what the boyfriend better be snagging on vday for me lol!
:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I LOVE dark chocolate and I take my time eating it XD Slowly to enjoy it more :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sad thing is, I really did get one.... and it was milk chocolate with white milk chocolate on the inside. ): *Slaps own wrist for doing that.*

Yeah, it is unfortunate. :/.... At least my job pays well too (Though, not the best pay, very good for the benefits I get like free food, drinks, and if not many people to deal with, a LOT of free time) so holidays aren't bad, as long as it isn't a holiday that I plan to get together with someone.... like Christmas/Christmas Eve and so on. Valentines Day is just going to be another work day, "and in the end, it doesn't even matter." :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But yeah, I guess I can see why a Hotel would need workers still, since you can't just kick everyone out for Christmas, lol. I kind of wanted to try working for a hotel myself some time ago, but never did. I don't think I could force myself to look that "upper class" in apparel. I mean, yeah, my current job, I am supposed to be white button shirt, black pants, the tie and nametag sort of mumbo jumbo, but when I think Hotel workers, I think like high end work dress code... then again, I am thinking Marriott, Sheraton, and Hilton. xP

Back on the subject of chocolate though, Why doesn't cadbury exploit their awesome eggs on Valentines Day and make heart shaped cadbury eggs? D:.... God, those are so good. >_>

PM'd you so we're not off topic.

Woo, my boyfriend and I are going up to Sedona when he gets back since it's going to be a long 4 weeks! (So far, 11 days down, 17 to go)

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What are some Male VD gift ideas! Please help!
confused.gif
I am having the same dilemma!! Hubby is working on Valentine's Day, so we're probably going to do it a day or so before. He works night shift at the hospital, so he will sleep all day and work all night for 3 days in a row. I am not sure if I should have something sent to the hospital for him, or just do something for him at home. I never know what to get him.....me on the other hand: jewelry....chocolate....flowers....yummy homemade dinner......anything really! I hate that us girls are so much easier to buy for

Some male ideas?

How about, and trying to be within spirit here, not materialistic.....

- Perhaps cologne that attracts you to him that he would wear.

- A simple box of chocolates.

- A grooming set, such as an electric trimmer.

- ....well, bluntly, if possible, sex, since a lot of guys like that.

- Male jewelry, such as a ring, a necklace, or such.

- Male sleepwear, much like men give women lingerie they would like to see the women in, why not get him something exotic you would like to see HIM in?

- Prepare him a nice candlelight dinner with wine and music.

- Give him a nice bath/massage treatment. (Add rose petals, aroma, and and music).... great if he works this day at a tough job.

See, with Valentines day, for guys, I would say go with something that generates love, pheromones, or physical appeal. Remember, Valentine's day is for romance, it isn't Christmas. It isn't his birthday. It's something to cherish the love between the man and the woman, the woman and the woman, or the man and the man.

Some men are simply happy just knowing his girlfriend/wife simply loves him. I think most men see the holiday mainly for the girls, rather than expecting much in return, but of course, everyone is different. Just make sure he knows you love him. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We started a thread over here if you want to check it out: www.makeuptalk.com/t/132832/so-what-are-you-getting-him-for-valentines-day

Some male ideas? How about, and trying to be within spirit here, not materialistic..... - Perhaps cologne that attracts you to him that he would wear. - A simple box of chocolates. - A grooming set, such as an electric trimmer. - ....well, bluntly, if possible, sex, since a lot of guys like that. - Male jewelry, such as a ring, a necklace, or such. - Male sleepwear, much like men give women lingerie they would like to see the women in, why not get him something exotic you would like to see HIM in? - Prepare him a nice candlelight dinner with wine and music. - Give him a nice bath/massage treatment. (Add rose petals, aroma, and and music).... great if he works this day at a tough job. See, with Valentines day, for guys, I would say go with something that generates love, pheromones, or physical appeal. Remember, Valentine's day is for romance, it isn't Christmas. It isn't his birthday. It's something to cherish the love between the man and the woman, the woman and the woman, or the man and the man. Some men are simply happy just knowing his girlfriend/wife simply loves him. I think most men see the holiday mainly for the girls, rather than expecting much in return, but of course, everyone is different. Just make sure he knows you love him. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well said, thanks for the ideas!

Back