Do you like wearing solid black?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I voted yes,a black dress looks real nice with the right accessories
smile.gif

I used to love wearing all black,but now that i've lost weight again and we are having a heat wave of a summer ive been wearing lots of summery colors.I am addicted to baby doll tops at the moment.

I rarely ever wear an entire black outfit. I have black seperates but I'd much rather wear bright colors
icon_colors.gif

Great Question!

I am a "all black outfit lover" since like my first job in Greenwich Village in NYC after High School. I was into "The Cure" and "Depeche Mode". I used to wear all black even in the summer.

Funny enough I still wear all black about 75% of the time regardless of the seasons and it is also my signature look.

All black, nice bold jewelry, red or glossy lips - That Me!
ninja.gif

Originally Posted by Mari168 Great Question!
I am a "all black outfit lover" since like my first job in Greenwich Village in NYC after High School. I was into "The Cure" and "Depeche Mode". I used to wear all black even in the summer.

Funny enough I still wear all black about 75% of the time regardless of the seasons and it is also my signature look.

All black, nice bold jewelry, red or glossy lips - That Me!
ninja.gif

lol, do you wear the cool ninja mask too? I bet that would look great
wink.gif

well, working for MAC, I've accumulated so much black clothing I usually wear it on my day off as well.
shuriken.gif

i wear black to work too. and tend to wear black tops out with jeans.

I love wearing all black!!! It is a power color and very sexy!!
love5.gif

But I agree I saw on one of those ( I think Trinny and Susanna) shows that not everyone can wear black.

I'm not sure if I can or not, but until I figure it out, I really enjoy wearing black. Not Every Day, of course. And not at all funerary. Powerful. Just Powerful.

Yeah I actually wear a lot of black! I just think a great outfit can consist of a nice black fancy top and jeans...many times a great shirt looks best in black as I think it shows more detail. For example, a lacy top or eyelet (sp?) top looks much better in black, than in white, as it shows more detail and contrasts better witha great pair of jeans for a night out!

What a great topic! I've worn black ever since I was 15 years old (black shirts with the obligatory uniform skirt and knee socks).
smile.gif
To this day, I still love black. In fact, I don't feel comfortable unless I'm wearing some black. I have two nicknames at work -- "Hollywood" and "Johnny Cash."
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by CamaroChick What a great topic! I've worn black ever since I was 15 years old (black shirts with the obligatory uniform skirt and knee socks).
smile.gif
To this day, I still love black. In fact, I don't feel comfortable unless I'm wearing some black. I have two nicknames at work -- "Hollywood" and "Johnny Cash."
biggrin.gif
lol, maybe my coworker wasn't that original when he called me "Johnny Cash" the day I wore black then
wink.gif

Although it's funny, I only feel comfortable when I'm wearing color! (Which is why I started this thread, I was curious to see what other girls thought!) A black shirt with jeans is okay on occasion if I have colored accessories, but I still don't really feel like myself in it. However, black pants or skirts are fine as long as I have a colored shirt -- I definitely need a colored shirt to feel the most confident!
smile.gif
(Even when I wear my black suit for job interviews or presentations, I love wearing it with a bright turquoise blouse underneath, I love that pop of bright color, and it still looks very professional!)

I LOVE wearing black, but i cant help but to accent it with something with a hint of color. Unless of course its the black dress.

Aloha

yes! i used to steer clear, but once i wore it, i loved it. i looked thinner, too
wink.gif

Back