Do you like wearing solid black?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love wearing all black. Black is my favorite color and it gives me a blank slate for my makeup.

I love wearing solid black.

I think it's such a pretty way to get "dressed up", plus I think it looks really sharp!

(It's also very slimming)

I love love love wearing all black. Hey its a New Yorkers "uniform"
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst I love love love wearing all black. Hey its a New Yorkers "uniform"
icon_cool.gif
Yeah? Hmm, maybe I need to move....
wink.gif

I never wear head to toe black unless it is a little black dress. I do have a lot of black tops though and wear those a lot. I always do a bright eye with them though or break it up with cool jewelry or purses and shoes....

Originally Posted by girl_geek lol, do you wear the cool ninja mask too? I bet that would look great
wink.gif
Thanks you made me laugh today. Actually since the Ninja Smilie was wearing all black I thought I would use him.
Reading this thread is so interesting as for so many New Yorkers , wearing all black is like the norm.

Marilyn

I love black--it's elegant, classic, polished, sophisticated, strong, eye-catching, versatile, universally fashionable, and strikingly lovely. That said, I am just way too pale to wear it--it makes me look sallow,and ill, faintly bloodless. This makes me SO envious of all you girls here who can wear it--well, enjoy!

I feel best when dressed all black, but I'm also into the goth look

besides black suits every makeup color
whistling.gif

I am not big into head to toe black outfits, but I enjoy pairing black pants with a colored top or jeans with a black top.. I love wearing black because of the accessories you can wear with it and you can be creative w/ makeup

i don't think there's anything wrong with wearing solid black if you just do it once in a long while...and not make it like an every other day thing... i do solid black probably once in a few months

Originally Posted by michko970 I think black on black looks great IF and only if the shade of black matches. if not it just looks tacky. very good point...i totally agree. that being said, i usually wear a lot of bright, colorful clothing but every once in a while, all black is perfect. it is sleek and sophisticated. IMO black looks great on everyone too.

when i was younger i thought to wear all black was really hot. just like a new york diva. now that i'm getting older i crave color. i still need my black slacks and skirts, but i love vibrant tops to bounce off that basic black. color makes me feel cheery and beautiful! plus i get to match my shadow to my top for the day - how much fun it that!

I love wearing all black, but more than likely I'll wear bright coloured blingy shoes to add some sparkle or I'll make my bag the feature item.

Most of my clothes are black, but I'm alternative/gothy LOL plus it's slimming. I do wear bright eyeshadows though to offset all of the black.

When I used to work at an office, I'd wear solid black a lot. Some ppl thought I was going to funeral (lol) but some thought it makes me look slimmer (which is a plus)

Now that I work in retail, I'm encouraged to wear brighter colors. I guess it depends on my mood and where I'm going. However, every once in awhile I'll go back to my sheik solid black colors :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For halloween I didn't dress up, but I wore all black to kinda get into the theme, but I felt so depressed that day- I didn't like it!

Back