Do You Look Different With Makeup On?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about you, Bonnie?  You look different with and without makeup?

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It really depends on the amount of makeup you put on.  I've seen some girls (especially asians) that look like completely different people after makeup

Hahahaha I know right??   There are soooo many before and after pics of asian chics it's kinda scary how different they look

The secret to the huge difference in asian eyes are circle lenses, double lid eye tape and glue, and false eyelashes. Circle lenses are very dangerous to the eyes, so girls are putting their health in danger in order to alter their appearance. they either use multiple pairs of lashes or the tape/glue to go from a mono lid to a double lid. I couldnt even imagine going through a routine this extensive.

This is a very popular before and after picture after all 3 effects have been used:

Video showing how eyelid glue is used:

Eyelid tape:

Circle contact lenses: they are MASSIVE

Which by the way ONLY look good on asian eyes for some reason....it just look creepy on everyone else >.<

Ohh yeah! I look totally different!! That's the whole idea.. Looking like a guy in a dress isn't a pretty look! Lol

Circle lenses are and are not bad for one's eyes. They can be depending on how and where made, if the person bought unfitted lenses without a prescription and the water content. If a person buys circle lenses from a company that requires a person to have a prescription and then takes the lenses to a reputable eye doctor to check for fit then I don't see the harm. Most harm comes from the wearer or the eye doctor not the lenses itself.

My own eyes were permanent damaged, I can no longer wear contacts, due to my optometrist misfitting the lenses. Within minutes of wearing the contacts he "fitted" and prescribed to me my eyes would be bloodshot. Prior to those contacts I had no problems wearing contacts for 15 years but now can no longer wear contacts. So what ended up happening was he said it was "normal" for my eyes to experience the bloodshot because they were new lenses and to wear them daily and my eyes would get use to it. I should have listened to myself and trusted myself instead of him since I knew something wasn't right since I NEVER had that problem with previous lenses but figured it could have been because these were fitted and prescribed to me a year after having my twins and pregnancy can permanent change even your eyeballs. I tried wearing the lenses every day for about a month (I think, it's been so long now since I've even thought of this that my timing could be off) and finally near the end I just gave up because nothing I did, no amount of eye drops, cleaning the lenses, nothing would help and my eyes looked bloodshot (like I had been punched type of bloodshot). I went to a DIFFERENT eye doctor who checked and told me the lenses were fitted wrong. He checked my eyeballs for damage and noticed that they were scratched between the lenses and my rubbing my eyes after I would take the lenses out. He fitted me with new lenses and once my eyes healed I tried the new ones but it was a no go, my eyes basically rejected any foreign material in my eye. It's been about seven years since I last wore contact lenses and I could try again since my eyes have had years to heal but I doubt I'll ever wear lenses again because to this day my eyes are overly sensitive when something foreign gets into my eyes. Even if a bit of mascara or liner gets into my eyes they'll become bloodshot within minutes like when I wore contacts.

My point is that it's not just the lenses that can damage the eyes but user error and even a bad prescription. I wouldn't chalk up all circle lenses as being bad since there are probably hundreds of thousands of Asian girls who wear the lenses with no problems.

Circle lenses are and are not bad for one's eyes. They can be depending on how and where made, if the person bought unfitted lenses without a prescription and the water content. If a person buys circle lenses from a company that requires a person to have a prescription and then takes the lenses to a reputable eye doctor to check for fit then I don't see the harm. Most harm comes from the wearer or the eye doctor not the lenses itself. My own eyes were permanent damaged, I can no longer wear contacts, due to my optometrist misfitting the lenses. Within minutes of wearing the contacts he "fitted" and prescribed to me my eyes would be bloodshot. Prior to those contacts I had no problems wearing contacts for 15 years but now can no longer wear contacts. So what ended up happening was he said it was "normal" for my eyes to experience the bloodshot because they were new lenses and to wear them daily and my eyes would get use to it. I should have listened to myself and trusted myself instead of him since I knew something wasn't right since I NEVER had that problem with previous lenses but figured it could have been because these were fitted and prescribed to me a year after having my twins and pregnancy can permanent change even your eyeballs. I tried wearing the lenses every day for about a month (I think, it's been so long now since I've even thought of this that my timing could be off) and finally near the end I just gave up because nothing I did, no amount of eye drops, cleaning the lenses, nothing would help and my eyes looked bloodshot (like I had been punched type of bloodshot). I went to a DIFFERENT eye doctor who checked and told me the lenses were fitted wrong. He checked my eyeballs for damage and noticed that they were scratched between the lenses and my rubbing my eyes after I would take the lenses out. He fitted me with new lenses and once my eyes healed I tried the new ones but it was a no go, my eyes basically rejected any foreign material in my eye. It's been about seven years since I last wore contact lenses and I could try again since my eyes have had years to heal but I doubt I'll ever wear lenses again because to this day my eyes are overly sensitive when something foreign gets into my eyes. Even if a bit of mascara or liner gets into my eyes they'll become bloodshot within minutes like when I wore contacts. My point is that it's not just the lenses that can damage the eyes but user error and even a bad prescription. I wouldn't chalk up all circle lenses as being bad since there are probably hundreds of thousands of Asian girls who wear the lenses with no problems.
I'm actually an optometric technician! Circle lenses are actually illegal to buy and sell in the united states because they cannot safely be fitted to the eye. They are a class B drug according to the fda same as rx medication. Any reputable doctor will turn down any patient who walks in with them. Unfortunately you can purchase conact lenses out of vending machine no rx requied in many foreign countries. No proper education on fitting, care, or the spread of diseases including pinkeye, conjuctivitus, and chlyamidia. They became popular once lady gaga's bad romance video came out. People thought she was wearing them when it was actually CGI. She even spoke out about how dangerous they are.

Heck yes I look different! I started losing my eyebrows a few years back so I don't have any. So no makeup means no eyebrows! Of course having a full face of makeup makes me feel pretty but it definitely doesn't change my attitude. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Drastically. Different eye shape, different (looking) face shape, different gender.

I do, but I don't think I change dramatically.  I think you can still recognize me.  

With makeup, as "full faced" as I go out. And then nothing at all, out of the shower.  I think I just look, naked.  Lol.  

I look quite bland without makeup on, my eyes look completely different with makeup on as eyeliner and mascara completely defines them and brings them out.

I'm in the same camp as Karren, so yeah, I look a LOT different, which is the whole point of it for me. 
patches.gif

I don't think I look very different with makeup, which is rare for people with green eyes. idk why but it seems like people with green eyes look extremely different with eye makeup on. I think maybe it's because my face shape/jaw/cheek bones and that's why I don't look too different with makeup on.

Maybe the reason is that a lot of people with green eyes have fair coloring (light brown, red or blonde eyelashes/eyebrows), so adding dark eyeliner, mascara, etc is going to make a big difference?

Originally Posted by mrspotter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think I look very different with makeup, which is rare for people with green eyes. idk why but it seems like people with green eyes look extremely different with eye makeup on. I think maybe it's because my face shape/jaw/cheek bones and that's why I don't look too different with makeup on.

I don't look too different except that I am much less confident. I have acne and it feel like when it's exposed, that everyone's looking at it.

I think it depends on how thick my eyeliner is/how much eyeshadow I have on, but for everyday makeup I don't think I look too different. if anything, I probably look more serious/strict without makeup lol.

one thing that makes a big difference in the way I feel is just doing my brows and having some sort of chapstick/lip gloss on--even if I don't look too different otherwise, I feel like I just woke up

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's way too different! You couldn't even recognize some of them if you were used to seeing them without all the cosmetics.

I know it's kind of scary (for guys) haha

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually an optometric technician!

Circle lenses are actually illegal to buy and sell in the united states because they cannot safely be fitted to the eye. They are a class B drug according to the fda same as rx medication. Any reputable doctor will turn down any patient who walks in with them. Unfortunately you can purchase conact lenses out of vending machine no rx requied in many foreign countries. No proper education on fitting, care, or the spread of diseases including pinkeye, conjuctivitus, and chlyamidia. They became popular once lady gaga's bad romance video came out. People thought she was wearing them when it was actually CGI. She even spoke out about how dangerous they are.
actually circle lenses were very popular for a LONG period of time in Asia even before Lady Gaga's video. Many people in North America didn't know about them before bad romance tho, that's why now you hear people talking about it. But many Asian girls were wearing them for many years and it was a trend since a long time ago.

Back