Do you Pay it Forward?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of money, but I try to "pay it forward" as often as I can. When my BFF came to visit last month she was looking through my makeup and feel in love with a few things. They weren't things I especially liked, so I gave them too her. A few e/s palettes, a few lipsticks. Not much, but she loved it!

Also, a few times last spring, when we actually weren't broke, we went out to the bar a few times with a bunch of friends and paid for more than a few drinks.

I think that nice stuff like that always comes back on you, just like bad stuff, so I like paying it forward!

What about you guys?

Reaction score
I "pay it forward" alot. I am notorious for picking up little things for people that I know they would love. It doesn't have to be expensive, it's just the fact that I thought of them.

I also give away clothes and makeup alot...if I don't LOVE it, why not give it to someone who would??? My Grandmother used to do this all the time and I think I inherited the trait.

Reaction score
I give stuff to friends and family all the time. Sometimes not on purpose, like my sister "borrowing" my MAC eyeshadows, and forgetting to put them back in my case.

Reaction score
Yep! Even if it's just sending an RAOK, or remembering John wanted something from the store.

Reaction score
I try to. Such as if I see something I know James would like while I'm doing the shopping. Or sending stuff to penpals.

Reaction score
I give my sister and my friend samples of MAC pigments all the time. I know I will never use a whole jar.

Reaction score
Yes I do the same. I give items such as makeup etc to others, especially cosmetics that I never wear or know someone else may like or need. Or I will offer to pay for dinner or drinks because I want to.

Reaction score
me too. i always give things away and it makes me feel great! now if only someone would give me some of their unwantables.. :/

Reaction score
I pay tolls for the driver behind me sometimes. It freaks out the toll takers, but I tell them it's just a way to make a stranger's day.

Reaction score
yeh i do but its mainly baby clothes toys etc. as i dont have a large enuf mu collections as yet so things i still love lol.

ummm i find i even pay for things i dont have money for lol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PT-BC99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I pay tolls for the driver behind me sometimes. It freaks out the toll takers, but I tell them it's just a way to make a stranger's day. Oh that is such a sweet idea!!

Reaction score
that toll idea is so cool and nice!

i love picking stuff up for others. it's as rewarding as getting something for myself! i love shopping in general, though.

Reaction score
I do a lot of volunteer work with CP groups and domestic violence shelters. Not sure if that really counts though.

Reaction score
I don't even think of it as "Paying Ahead".... just something I enjoy doing!! I well off enought to be ale to afford to give to a lot of charitys and I donate a lot of my clothing and wigs (gave away 20 wigs last year) to those that can't afford nice things.. I've helped out friends who have lost their jobs buy sending them money plus I practice "Random Acts of Kindness" Paying for meals and tolls for the people behind me inline... and other things... I just makes me feel good and that's all I ever expect to get in return...

Karren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PT-BC99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I pay tolls for the driver behind me sometimes. It freaks out the toll takers, but I tell them it's just a way to make a stranger's day. My aunt used to work the tolls in NJ until she went on disability, and she told me a lot of peeps do that. It's so awesome! A little hard to do at most tolls by me since it all depends on how far up the highway you came... I'd do it otherwise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do a lot of volunteer work with CP groups and domestic violence shelters. Not sure if that really counts though. Of course it does. You are freely giving your time to people who need assistance, Good for you!

Reaction score
Yes I do...I like picking up happys for my friends,family,or coworkers.

Reaction score
I give away my children's clothes that they cannot fit, I make sure to feed at least 2 homeless people a day (I buy them food, i dont give them money), i give away mu, I will give any friend my last dollar if they need it, I do so much, and I expect nothing! I love the way I feel when I go to bed at night.

Latest posts