Do you Pay it Forward?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really "pay it forward" in terms of MU, or giving away things, I guess I just tend to try and do things for others that will make them happy.

Yeah definitely.

Someone at work did it for me once, I was really down and she bought me a kit kat chunky to cheer me up bless her, it made my day!! I do things like that. Or buy someone something stupid to make them smile like bubbles or a water pistol from a tacky pound shop!

My best friend is a total klepto though so if she likes something i've been silly enough to leave lying out - she'll just steal it anyway – haha. It's just little things though like a crappy old ring I haven't worn in years or an eyeliner or something and I spot it and go Oii!! She goes "hehe, I thought it was pretty!!" I usually end up giving her it anyway.

I totally agree. It usually always comes back to you sometime. I always pick up little things for friends and family when I can. Especially my mom and sister. They love to get the stuff..and I always share my makeup extras with my mom..she LOVES it!!

I love to do that, and I do it all the time. I am always polite...like holding doors for people, helping them with groceries, bagging for people at the store, etc...but I thought that was just good manners. I pay for tolls for the driver behind me, and do other things as well. I wish more people I knew were so kind-hearted as you ladies.

Yup, I sometimes pick up stuff (usualyl mu haha) for friends that I think they would like or pay for food and drinks. I like to cook for my friends, play bartender and hostess.

I donate all my old clothes, purses, knick-knacks to either the children's hospital- my clothes are small and can't really be handed down to anyone lol- or to the thrift store. I'm constantly going through my closet and getting rid of stuff, I have friends that keep EVERYTHING, I can't do that though.

I always "pay it forward"...I give away a lot of clothes to a non-profit organization within my job, that gives away clothes to people in need. I give away a lot of my accessories and stuff, books, extra money if I have it. My mother and I have been volunteering at a food give away program since I was about 12, so it's kinda always been a part of life for me. I don't do it for any other reason, than it makes me feel good to help out even if I don't have much.

Yes, that is what I believe God/Goddess/Whomever wants us to do, so I make a point to do it. I do try to "tithe" in my own special way, I give back to my community, and I make it a point to live a frugal day-to-day lifestyle, so that I can do all the things for others that I like to do.

I do try. I'm always polite to people. I always do extra stuff for my patients. I live by the golden rule because I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

i paid the chinese restaurant last saturday with my lunch tickets
smile.gif
i don't use them anyway, and i knew this would just be what we needed, a good break.

it just feels nice sometimes to do even a little thing, that means a lot to the others. and i believe it will come back to you later.

I LOVE that movie!!! LOL... Even though the end made me cry!

Anyway...one thing I like to do, although money is a bit tight right now so I haven't done it in awhile (I'll try to again more closer to the holidays), is when I go through the drive thru at Tim Horton's I pay for the person behind me and I tell the cashier to tell them to "pay it forward." That's why I had to laugh when I saw your thread title Kee. I love the looks on their faces when they go to hand their money to the cashier and I see her point at my car as I'm driving away! It's only a little thing, but it makes me happy to do it and who knows...maybe a person who was in a really sh&8ty a$$ mood in line got in a good mood because a stranger paid for their coffee!

lol i love being generous, it makes me feel good and it makes the other person feel special..one day on melbourne cup day my nan couldnt afford to place a bet so i went and put all of my spare change ($8 i think) in her cupboard, she found it but i didnt tell her it was from me but i think she knew lol i always give away makeup to my fiances cousin if i dont use it, and baby things, kids clothes, and i teach my children to do the same thing.

Back