Do you pull your eye when you apply eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont, because theres a natural fold underneath my eyelid that guides my eyeliner and makes it look perfect.

I pull all the time, thats how I learned how to do my liquid liner.. I'm really trying to get out of the habbit though, because I know it can't be good lol

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No!  lol.  The thought of pulling my eye just makes me cringe.
scared.gif

I tilt my head back and look into the mirror while using small strokes.  That's just what I've found works for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
^  This is what I do too. I would not ever pull my eye. I am completely paranoid about wrinkles lol! I admit it takes me a long time to do my makeup though.

Nope. I evidently have a weird way to apply my liquid liner! LOL I'm VERY nearsighted so my hand rests on the mirror as I move my head. LOL

I tried hard today and didn't pull my eye!  It took a little longer, but I was able to accomplish the task!  :p  I guess I need to just get in the habit of doing it that way, now that I know it can be done.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PS - For reference, I used (and almost always use for daily looks) MUFE Aqua Eyes in 0L (black)

I agree about Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils. I used to pull my eye a lot but I hardly do that anymore because I'm using 24/7 or a gel liner.

If I'm using a pencil liner, I do tend to pull a little bit, not real tight though. I can't seem to get the liner on right otherwise.

Yes, but just a little, i tend ot have puffy eyes with my allergies so it helps me getting a straight line. I agree having a good eyeliner helps not pulling out your eyes too much, i use a 24/7 UD pencil too, and it goes on really smooth. Another pencil i rave about is the MAC chromagraphic pencils, they go on so smoothly applying eyeliner is really effortless !

No I don't ever do that. Everyone knows that the skin around the eyes is super thin and also the area on our faces that shows signs of ageing first!

xoxo,

Roxanne

I have crepey eyelids, so I have to smooth it out a bit when lining the upper eye.  But I don't pull taut, just a bit when I get to the corner.  I have found Stila eyeliners make it so I don't have to.  I did growing up, but I can't say that's the reason for the crepe lids now.  I'm 51 years old and I put it off to my age. 

I usually use the kind of pencil you sharpen yourself so I can get a really, REALLY sharp tip. Then I can "flatten" out my bottom lashes and trace the lid on the bottom. (A great one is N.Y.C.'s Waterproof Eyeliner). Same on top... the sharper the tip on the pencil, the easier you can get next to the lashes without pulling. Don't listen to all the experts too and do it with "one swift stroke". Yeah, easier said than done. Kind of make light dots and connect them.

Also, if I want a thicker line, I use a specific thin eyeliner brush (such as Sephora's Professional Platinum Angeled Eyeliner Brush, $15) and a good gel liner (like Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner, $9.99) The angeled brush makes all the difference. Then your arm isn't up in the air, winged out like a flying chicken. You can hold your arm and hand STEADY right in front of you!

Lately, I'm avoiding pulling around my eyes at ALL COSTS! The fine lines are setting in, and that is NOT setting well with me.

I do pull my eye. I don't like the look of the line if I don't pull. I'm 33 and no eye wrinkles yet! I'm not worried about it.

I actually JUST started doing this, only for the outer corner though, because I like to get a little bit of a wing on my liner and with the way my eyes are shaped, I've found this is the easiest way to get the wing looking right! But I never used to do it at all... I literally just started in the last couple weeks!

It depends on the actual eyeliner itself. I will do this if I am using a gel, cream, or liquid liner. Sometimes when I am using a retractable or pencil, I will do this too (although not as much as I would if I were using a gel, cream, or liquid liner). However; if I use a Kajal liner, more than likely, I don't do this, as I don't really need to.

No, I never pulled in my life, I guess cuz I never started out that way so I just never did it.  And no one ever taught me really how to use any makeup.  My mother used makeup but she never taught me how to do it, I just got the stuff and did it.  The only tutorial I had was the making of Michael Jackson's Thriller, lol.  Back then there was no YouTube, or internet for the general public!  HA.  But when I turned like 13, internet started, and I had a 800 baud dial-up connection, LOL. 

But, I have been using the same eyeliner since I was a teenager, and it's tried and true and people always compliment my eyes, but they compliment the shape of them and always say (MEN) how "sexy" "cat eye" "bedroom eyes" they are.  I don't know if it's the way I do my eyeliner or if it's my actual eye at this point they are talking about because I have been doing my eyeliner the same for over 15 years. 

I use Almay Liquid eyeliner in the inkwell.  They were the first ones to ever come out with the inkwell, and then tons of brands since then have it, but I've always stuck with Almay.  I just love the applicator the inkwell has, it is SUCH precision, it's amazing, and the stuff stays ON!  But, I use it real thin at the beginning and it gets thicker at the end and then I will go up and make a slight wing, but not a long wing that is visible.  Just a real slight wing to make it pull up a little bit and then I draw in the wing to connect down to the lid.  I'm not a big fan of a wing straight out. 

Back