Do you pull your eye when you apply eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not with liquid or gel liner.  Only with a cheapie pencil..such as WNW or NYC, but if it's a smooth pencil like UD 24/7 no pulling!

I do when I'm applying to my right eye. My eyelid twitches uncontrollably on that eye from some reason when I'm putting on makeup, and it's the only thing I've figured out to do to stop it

Originally Posted by CHaNGiNGFaCESx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, I never pulled in my life, I guess cuz I never started out that way so I just never did it.  And no one ever taught me really how to use any makeup.  My mother used makeup but she never taught me how to do it, I just got the stuff and did it.  The only tutorial I had was the making of Michael Jackson's Thriller, lol.  Back then there was no YouTube, or internet for the general public!  HA.  But when I turned like 13, internet started, and I had a 800 baud dial-up connection, LOL. 

But, I have been using the same eyeliner since I was a teenager, and it's tried and true and people always compliment my eyes, but they compliment the shape of them and always say (MEN) how "sexy" "cat eye" "bedroom eyes" they are.  I don't know if it's the way I do my eyeliner or if it's my actual eye at this point they are talking about because I have been doing my eyeliner the same for over 15 years. 

I use Almay Liquid eyeliner in the inkwell.  They were the first ones to ever come out with the inkwell, and then tons of brands since then have it, but I've always stuck with Almay.  I just love the applicator the inkwell has, it is SUCH precision, it's amazing, and the stuff stays ON!  But, I use it real thin at the beginning and it gets thicker at the end and then I will go up and make a slight wing, but not a long wing that is visible.  Just a real slight wing to make it pull up a little bit and then I draw in the wing to connect down to the lid.  I'm not a big fan of a wing straight out. 

The making of Thriller? I love that! But it was werewolf and zombie makeup! How did that help you? LOL! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ugh my eyelids like to twitch when I do eye makeup (that always messes up the line grrr). I think they twitch even more if I pull.

Well believe it or not, the making of Michael Jackson's Thriller is what got me interested in makeup and what made me want to become a makeup artist, I wanted to be a sci-fi/horror/fantasy makeup artist, and I was going to go to school to learn how to do molds/castings/prostetics but I ended up not doing it because a couple people told me eventually one day that stuff is going to be in high demand because of the computer, and this was like 10 yrs someone told me that, and look at Avatar, that was done all by computer!  I was so turned off I didnt really mess with makeup again but now I'm doing it and I really like doing fashion/bridal makeup now, as to where before, I did not want to do that for a career..

anyways, how did that help me? LOL it didnt.. I guess I just learned on my own, if you guys were to see how ugly my makeup used to be in like 7th-8th-9th..well hell probably all the way till I was like 17-18 youd laugh

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The making of Thriller? I love that! But it was werewolf and zombie makeup! How did that help you? LOL! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ugh my eyelids like to twitch when I do eye makeup (that always messes up the line grrr). I think they twitch even more if I pull.

I don't pull. depending on the pencil, i'll warm it on the back of my hand by drawing short, quite strokes back and forth with light pressure so it's softer. then i tilt my head back, close the eye i'm working on and draw my line under the little ridge of skin where my lid meets the base of my lashes, from the outer corner to the middle then from the inner corner to the middle. takes all of a minute, including clean up if i need to.

for liquid liner, i tilt my head back and keep my eyes open so i can see how even they are. I always wing it out since i love pinup makeup so i follow the curve of my bottom lid a bit to get the right angle to flick my liner.

I don't pull. However, a good trick to control your eyelid is to place your ring finger (weakest finger in your hand) on one half your eye and move it to finish the other half! I got into the cosmetic industry not knowing how to do any sort of makeup - and had to teach my eyes to 'be still'. This has worked to keep my lid from being bothered and to allow me to apply my makeup with a steady hand!

I hope this helps!

I pull most of the time, if not it would be quite difficult to draw into the inner parts!

Back