Do You Shop Alone Or With Friends?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer shopping alone. I can take my time, don't feel rushed and same things others posted above me.

I use to have a friend who shopped with me years ago. She was great to shop with. Non critical, we helped pick out colors for each other etc. Sadly she passed away
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolette /img/forum/go_quote.gif ... But like you've all said, there's always the ones who say "$32 for bronzer... you know wet n wild is only $3, $28 for mascara! What are you doing?" But every time we hangout I'm always asked to do their makeup, and whos makeup do you think they always want me to use? Haha Oh my goodness, my friends are all the same way! They yap at me for "having too much make up" but always want me to do it for them. I'm just "you'll never learn if you don't do it yourself!" (I'm actually just "D8" when it comes to people using my stuff. I have sharing issues).
I was actually at Sephora yesterday with a friend after work, and I'm the type of person to compare prices, make sure I'm getting a good deal, spend my money wisely, that sorta girl (I am only 17, after all. I don't have unlimited funding), and she just yapped.

But, oddly enough, the one person I love shopping (be it clothes, shoes, electronics, make up, anything) with is my dad. Not only did I get my spending habits (spending a lot while managing to save money) from him, but he's a very helpful kind of guy. He's honest, so he'll put me in my place, and he's good with his colors and styles.

After all, the best shopping companion in my opinion is a guy if they're not naggy or something. I mean, they know what they thing is pretty on girls, and a lot of time, we want to please them. I take his opinions to heart.

I shop alone! I went with my mom to the MAC counter one time and she kept asking me all kinds of questions about this and that and I didnt even get what I went there for =( lol but she was doesnt mind my MU collection actually shes supportive of what ever I love.

hmmm tough question.... i do have friends i can shop for makeup with, but the group is very small. These are the friends who share the same interest
biggrin.gif

but i do love shopping for makeup alone that way i can buy and swatch whatever i want without having to worry about eyes watching me. then again i love opinions from my friends
smile.gif

I like shopping for clothes and shoes with friends though

If its for me I go alone. I normally tag along when my friends shop but I mentally prepare myself. Im one of those people who knows what they want, gets it, pays for it and leave.

LOL! What a funny story Lola. I would've told her that once she starts paying my bills, then she can tell me what to buy.

I like to go alone. As you all can probably relate, I take my sweet little time and I refused to be rushed. I have that likes makeup to but she can't spend hours in MAC or Sephora like I can. I don't want anybody complaining about how much I spend or how I don't need this or that. I go alone and I have no pressure!

I shop with my boyfriend. Crazy as it it seems, he's really good with color for my skin and most of the time he keeps repeating, "you don't need it" which is true. So my man keeps my money in check and I like it.

Other than that I shop alone. I only make a list of products I want to review to see if I really want it. Then come back some other time to actually buy it. I never buy on a whim anymore.

If I'm doing serious makeup shopping, I'll do it alone.

But if I'm just picking up one thing or browsing, I don't mind doing it with other people.
smile.gif

I perfer to shop alone just because none of my friends where make up and I kinda feel as though they are judging me as I get fascinated with the pretty colors lol! But as I dont wear makeup so they would think its a waste of time.

i like shopping alone or with my boyfriend(even if he stands there). if i swatch colors or try something on, i like his opinion b/c if he says it looks good then it prob does.(i also like testing him lol) he understands my love for makeup so he's not like my bestfriend telling me i have to much of something.

It depends. I am lucky enough to have studied make up and have some make up crazed friends from the course who understand the 'addiction' however, I still don't think they understand the complexity of mine. lol

I can shop with them but prefer to shop alone for make up. I am usually on a mission and need time to really think/swatch/compare.

This can become tedious for those not sharing the same interest. C'mon it is perfectly reasonable to umm and ahhh for 10 minutes over an eyeshadow
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Djoee05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I shop alone because my friends don't really wear makeup and every time they see my makeup they think I'm crazy
frown.gif
It would probably be great though to shop with another makeup addict so we can share tips and new products we like

Seconded!! I have the exact same problem, lol =P

I shop alone for everything. I can't stand the impatient sighs or them just following me around to every single product. ANNOYING. And also "You're spending $19 for one eyeshadow!?!?" I like to take my time and browse and not feel pressured.

I like shopping alone. Cause when I'm with my friends or friend and i pick up something and about to buy it they tell me "why are you buying that its soo expensive just for makeup" well i like quality makeup and i dont like being bothered on what i want to get. haha

I like shopping alone - as others have said, I don't like to be rushed! I even get annoyed sometimes by the SA's asking if they can help.

Back