Do you think music is dying?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try checking out places like http://bandcamp.com/ where plenty of new and often free music is available!

Also, try sites like Last.fm where you can get recomendations for new music based on what you usually listen too (ok, its not alway new, but it may be new to you!)
Totally agree with this! Check out Spotify or Last.FM. They try to cater to your tastes, and there's a lot of great modern music out there that's waiting to be discovered. I think people are very reliable on the radio and TV, when good music usually has to be searched for. My dad usually doesn't think of himself as a modern music enthusiast, but I introduced him to Gotye ("Hearts a mess"!) and I think I've revived his interest a little bit, he was comparing him to Sting and has been posting Gotye videos on facebook :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sure your parents and grandparents thought exactly the same thing when they were your age :B

Check out http://songza.com for some great themed playlists. I'm particularly fond of their trip-hop playlists.

I dunno. My family is atypical, in that I come from a radio family. Oddly enough, when I was a teenager, my mother and I would often expose each other to different stuff that both of us still like lo these many years later. I'll never be a "Get Off My Lawn" type (neither is she), because I am aware that there are still lots of musicians out there doing what they love--however, it is true that music no longer has the grip of mainstream interest as it once did.

Music's not dying; the recording industry IS.

Music will never die! It can't, it's been around too long! It's only been recorded for 100 years but its always been around. it just evolves, and usually for the good. One day people look back at 2012 and wish it could be like that again I bet!
wink.gif

Sometimes it can almost feel as if we are starved of good mordern music. It is kept underground or in the indie category.

I remember people thinking choices of music I loved were weird. I'de much rather be weird than dull. It is aweful how so much sounds the same.

I used to wish to be a muscian but contemplated there was probably not much I could give new to people. I don't want to add to others suffering dullness.

Back