Does anyone still subscribe to Beauty Army?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MaryJane80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone still have the code for the RueLaLa three month deal? I tried to look on the website but didn't see it there anymore.

ETA: I was doing the quiz thing and I ended up getting these
296p3rs.jpg

I checked my emails to see about a code.  All I found was the promotion ended on March 14th.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I checked my emails to see about a code.  All I found was the promotion ended on March 14th.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah I figured it endef cause I could find it on the site anymore but beauty army still accepts the code if you have it. Thanks for checking!

I selected my items for my next box the other day. I logged in just a few minutes after my selection window opened and didn't play around too long before placing the order. It's hard to tell what size these samples will be but I'm interested in trying all of them.

I've read some older reviews on blogs and it sounds like you can be offered different items each of the 5 days open to you for selection. Does it pay to wait a day or two and see what else is offered or is your best bet to order your box on the first selection day?

I'm bummed because I made my selections the first day and then two days later they came out with samples I would have chosen in a heartbeat.  /sigh  Oh, well.  I know for next time now.

I just tinker around with BA Q&A's and if I find something that's selected for me that I like than I will buy, if not, nope. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first box in Jan which consisted of....

ba_zpsf09b39c9.png

Which was great! I used all items immediately except the conditioner which was given away. I immediately fell in love with being able to pick the items I wanted and I knew that I would use. But that's when it turned ugly. It kept giving my the same samples that I DIDN'T want time after time. No matter what I changed, the products remained the same. Another reason I fell in love with this sub was the box. Unfortunately, said person whom I gave the conditioner to, took the box from me. I was keeping makeup that was up for trade in it. So just now I finally came up with a combo that although I'm not crazy over, I will still use and like, but I will also get my box back. After a few months, this is my newest box....

ba2_zps1b8c7977.png

So in all, I paid $12 for a box. I am REALLY hoping that they get their act together and put in new products. I did manage to get a cushion BB cream to come up a few times but it was a foil packet. When I click on that I want makeup items, I don't want foil packets of just foundation. I also managed to get a green apple gel moisturizer to come up but it was never with anything else I wanted or wanted to try. And I never really got any male products to come up. I was hoping for a razor or shaving cream at least.

I think the first time you get their box it's great, but then that's about where it stops. I would say give it at least 1 chance.

These are the items I selected and received with my second box, 

4413-0095-0001-150x150.jpg
5028-0111-0002-150x150.jpg
6053-0077-0002-150x150.jpg
71196-0132-0002-150x150.jpg
71438-0136-0002-150x150.jpg
71443-0134-0001-150x150.jpg

The Cotz sample is tiny but I liked it for what it is. I have 3 or 4 foils of it that I've received from Ulta orders recently so I will probably depot them all and use it up.

I really, really like the No. 7 fragrance. Not enough to buy it but it's pretty.

I LOVE the Kate Somerville CC cream. I also put the foil in a pot and so far used it 5 times. Based on the tiny amount I need per day this sample could last me at least 2 weeks.

I haven't tried the other 3 samples. I will but I'm not really jazzed about any of them.

I have 1 more month. I do like a number of aspects of this sub (yes the box itself is adorable) but unless I get bowled over I do not think I will be signing up. The company has something good here and different enough that they could grow but they need to work on offering a better value/selection of samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the theory behind Beauty Army, the potential to choose your products, and the ability to skip (given that I have skipped more months in the past twelve than actually took a shipment...) In practice, I'm getting disgusted with their offerings. However, their customer service is excellent; I got a replacement box after my post office accidentally sent my shipment back due to a processing glitch, and BA was very nice about it. However, I have just skipped May--it was back to the either the same samples I have been seeing since last November, or repeats of some from April, and of course the dreaded Sensa. I cannot figure out how a shady "diet" product counts as relating to beauty!

The selections for the past few months have been kind of bad! Granted, my box would only cost me $8, but I have a problem paying $8 for samples I could easily get myself for free. The only thing coming up for me that isn't a sample packet is the juice beauty moisturizer, and that + packets isn't worth the $8 for me. I remember awhile ago, I got full size makeup products and dry shampoos. I don't really understand why every other beauty box can get a hold of at least deluxe sized, but they can't. I guess it's my mistake for buying an annual sub. I thought I could still get my money's worth. 

This is my  last month of a 3 month sub I got from Rue Lala for $23.  

I won't be continuing.  I just won't pay money for foils.  Not purposely.

However, it was a nice way to get to try Beauty Army and see what it was all about.  It was not worth the $23 even for the three months, though.  Not really.  

This is my  last month of a 3 month sub I got from Rue Lala for $23.  

I won't be continuing.  I just won't pay money for foils.  Not purposely.

However, it was a nice way to get to try Beauty Army and see what it was all about.  It was not worth the $23 even for the three months, though.  Not really.  
Me too. The boxes I put together weren't bad. It was fun to try something different but in the end I do not feel the value is there.

I'm not sure what to do. I ordered a one year sub last June because the samples were generous. After a few months the samples were getting worse and worse. I have no idea how many months I have skipped but I would think at least 6 months. My May box was literally ALL FOILS. 6 tiny little foil packets.  How disappointing! Plus I had already gotten half those foils for free from the product's websites.

I wonder if they will give me a refund for the remaining months?

Barbie Allen, from what I've read on other blogs you should contact Beauty Army and ask for a refund. I've read that the company is easy to work with and it sounds like they might issue you a refund.

My three month Rue La La deal apparently rolled over to a monthly sub. I got an e-mail that my selection window was open so I logged in and saw that it was showing me as a current subscriber. I discontinued my sub and when asked to provide feedback I told them exactly what most of us here have been saying. It has enough of a twist to it that it could compete with Ipsy and Birchbox but they need to offer a larger choice of samples so we are not always seeing repeats for months on end and the sample sizes need to be better. Being offered 2 foils out of 6 is ok but my last box was 5 foils out of 6. Not worth $12.00/month.

I asked how many months I have remaining and they let me know I have 3. They said I could not be refunded and offered to deactivate my account. I had to let them know I would at least use up the last 3 months, not just let them go. I asked them to be sure my account was deactivated after those 3 months and they said they would.  Not really the wonderful customer service I have been hearing about.

I just resubscribed (at least until I get this box)

BeautyArmy June 2014.PNG

Looking forward to trying out the Vincent Longo lip and cheek stain and the Roux hair serum!  As far as I know (refreshed multiple times), BA has the Vincent Longo stain in peach or soft red.

I hope they have Vincent Longo at the start of July! Or anything that is not the same repeats they have been trying to hand me since November!

I just resubscribed (at least until I get this box)

BeautyArmy June 2014.PNG

Looking forward to trying out the Vincent Longo lip and cheek stain and the Roux hair serum!  As far as I know (refreshed multiple times), BA has the Vincent Longo stain in peach or soft red.
Have you received your shipment yet? I was wondering how big was the Vincent Longo, and whether it was a foil.

I am very fed up with Beauty Army right now. I have had to skip many months in a row due to crappy foil packet samples. I chose the Vincent Longo in what was pictured as a pretty pink shade, and I received an ugly brown color that looked like someone s%$t on my face. When I emailed customer service about it, they ignored my emails. They are sinking fast, and the deserve to sink fast in my opinion.

I am very fed up with Beauty Army right now. I have had to skip many months in a row due to crappy foil packet samples. I chose the Vincent Longo in what was pictured as a pretty pink shade, and I received an ugly brown color that looked like someone s%$t on my face. When I emailed customer service about it, they ignored my emails. They are sinking fast, and the deserve to sink fast in my opinion.
Yep!!! I was pretty disgusted by the shade as well. It might have been one thing if it had been bronze or something, but doodoo???

Back