Does anyone still subscribe to Beauty Army?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's looked like they were originally offering the Vincent Longo stain in 4 shades. I've been playing around with the sample selections and eventually came up with a color I liked, but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger if the shade shown isn't the shade you will necessarily receive.

Also, what's the deal with Vincent Longo cosmetics? It doesn't seem like many places carry it anymore besides Beauty.com. I think Sephora dropped them in 2008-ish. Are they still producing new cosmetics, or is it a situation like Sue Devitt where the brand essentially isn't around anymore and companies are trying to unload their deadstock?

Oh no, I just signed up again to try the Raspberry Pink Vincent Longo and a few serums, thought maybe trying a pink or red would be better - dang, should have read this thread first.  Hope the raspberry shade isn't brown too!  The one I got last time was suppose to be a light peach pink (Aura Neo I believe is the name), but it was a ugly brown shade.  Hope I like the other contents though.  I picked along with the VL tint and serums, a bug repellant perfume sample and nail polish mini.  Had to refresh forever to get this combo.  I probably need to give up on Beauty Army for good and not keep checking back once cancelled!

And to answer someone earlier and for those looking at picking it as one of your choices, [forgot to check back on this thread once I got that box...and crazy life stuff happened, sorry] the Vincent Longo is pictured as full size, but what is sent is a sample round tube in a box/sleeve.  Everything else I got last time was as pictured and described.

Not sure if I should do this or not. What do you think?

Screenshot_56.png

Not sure if I should do this or not. What do you think?

Screenshot_56.png
Compared to all the boxes I have gotten, I'd say that one is pretty decent. The Novex is a great size and a really great product. The lip stain is teeny tiny and who knows what shade you'll actually get. The Keretin is enough for 2 uses. The oil and Michael Todd masks are tiny samples also. At least they are offering mini nail polishes.

If you do end up with the ugly brown Vincent Longo stain, I found it actually works really well as a bronzer and ended up liking it a lot.

Compared to all the boxes I have gotten, I'd say that one is pretty decent. The Novex is a great size and a really great product. The lip stain is teeny tiny and who knows what shade you'll actually get. The Keretin is enough for 2 uses. The oil and Michael Todd masks are tiny samples also. At least they are offering mini nail polishes.

If you do end up with the ugly brown Vincent Longo stain, I found it actually works really well as a bronzer and ended up liking it a lot.
Nice creativity! I was so mad that I threw mine away haha. 

I finally came up with a combo I liked for this month and ordered, and I submitted it before I realized ... they are now charging $2.99 shipping.  BOOOO!  For $15/month it's just not worth it anymore for the samples they've been having.

I finally came up with a combo I liked for this month and ordered, and I submitted it before I realized ... they are now charging $2.99 shipping.  BOOOO!  For $15/month it's just not worth it anymore for the samples they've been having.
That's so terrible! I seriously can't wait until my annual sub is up. I will never look back. 

If they've added in a charge for shipping that should be a valid reason to cancel your sub and demand a refund of the unused amount. Wow. Has the selection gotten any better?

I bought a trial subscription on rue lala, and I'm surprisingly happy this month:

Loreal Revitalift eye cream .25 oz - value $8

Burts Bees lip crayon - $8.99

Equitance brightening serum .2 ounce - $25 value

Dove body wash 1.8 oz - 50 cent value

Luseta argan oil shampoo 1.69 ounce, $2 value

Nov serum foil packets - 50 cent value

$2.99 for shipping now? That's ridiculous. I cancelled them because all their samples were the same every month and foil packets. 

I signed up last month and they did not charge extra for shipping. I kept changing my profile until I got a screen of good sized trial products that I liked, and not foil packets. I'll give them a few more months, if it is the same products each time then I'll drop them. I do like I can skip a month however. 

Back