Does anyone use BB Cream?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome. I hope the BB cream works well for you and if not that the tip of mixing it with your foundation works out. Let us know. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the in-depth review! So the coverage was pretty sheer? That's too bad.. I'll try mixing mine with a liquid foundation if I have that issue, thanks! I'll let you know how the oriental gold one is. I'm a bit worried since my skin is tan.. I don't want to look like a ghost :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually have to go back to my blog and look it up as to when I bought it and how much since the price changed on Amazon.com. LOL Does it get greasy? In my experience no but I really didn't care for the product at first it wasn't until I began mixing it in with my liquid foundation that I actually liked it. In the summer I switched to a mineral foundation and used it as a primer to get the mineral foundation to "stick" to my skin and didn't have a problem with either it feeling greasy or drying out.

In my experience it was especially the one that was runny (can't think which one it was). I remember opening the tube for the first time and it just oozed out. Over time it did firm up because the air helped to dry it out but I really never got full coverage to cover up my rosacea on it's own but as a base/primer to my mineral foundation by Coastal Scents it was fine.

Mine was a pump and it came out white and when you rub it into your skin, it changed colour to match your skin.  It was not runny.  I guess it depended on the brand and formulation like everything else. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In my experience it was especially the one that was runny (can't think which one it was). I remember opening the tube for the first time and it just oozed out. Over time it did firm up because the air helped to dry it out but I really never got full coverage to cover up my rosacea on it's own but as a base/primer to my mineral foundation by Coastal Scents it was fine.

I just got my Skin79 Oriental Gold BB Cream today (the one with the cream blush on top). I actually found the formula to be decently thick, and had a nice coverage. The only problem is, it's like 5 shades lighter than my skin tone! I had to cut it with a moisturizer (I don't have any liquid foundations)--if I hadn't, my face wouldn't match the rest of my body lol. I'll post pics when I can, but so far I like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a teeeeny bit skeptical about its blemish-reducing qualities, but I'll take some before and after-daily-use pics of myself..

I got my much anticipated Dr. Jart last week and started using it immediately! I love it! I've already noticed a slight improvement in the clarity and even-ness of my skin and leaves my combination face feeling balanced all day- not greasy or dry. I took zadidolls advice and used it with foundation and the coverage was perfect. If I don't use foundation with it, my face looks a little chalky. I'm a BB cream convert!

I don't use BB cream. I have sensitive skin that reacts to almost everything that I put on my face. I tried a BB cream from Skin79 once and it broke me out even though it has worked for so many other girls. =S  I guess this helps to save me some spare cash!

xoxo,

Roxanne

Originally Posted by Laced Ivory /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use BB cream. I have sensitive skin that reacts to almost everything that I put on my face. I tried a BB cream from Skin79 once and it broke me out even though it has worked for so many other girls. =S  I guess this helps to save me some spare cash!

xoxo,

Roxanne
By any chance are you silicone sensitive?

I like Atomy BB Cream.  I get it from the Korean market down the street from my house.  I use it instead of spf, since it already has spf built into it.  It is light in color, but it really kind of "melts" into your skin. I have noticed that it has buildable coverage, so I do use some extra to cover up the ruddiness on my cheeks.  I haven't noticed any benefits like skin brightening or anything, but I do like that since using it, I haven't gotten any more "sun spots" on my cheeks.  

I use the Lioele Triple Solution and the Skin79 Oriental. Both are fantastic and I get mine from www.soyfashion.com

I especially love the skin79 oriental cuz it comes with a cream blush on the cap xD

What are your thoughts on Missha BB creams? I ordered a few tubes of M Perfect Cover in 21 (web site promo) and 23 not too long ago. I'm still waiting on 23 but I tried 21 recently and I did like that it evened out my skin tone and it was easy to spread, I'm just skeptical on whether or not it actually whitens my skin or does anything to improve skin conditions (the latter being more important to me)—I did buy this on whim because it was cheap.

I don't like the pump for the 50ml tube! I pumped once and received too much product.

I bought one of mine from eBay. I've heard stories though about fake BB creams being sold on eBay. One of the things I look for is the seller location and get really wary if anything is being sold by a vendor from China. I've also heard stories of people who've received BB creams with product information that's been misspelled (sometimes a few typos, sometimes really heavily misspelled) or the info on the product is mismatched with the info on the box.

I would buy from an actual vendor but some reasons why I don't include high shipping costs and high product prices. I've also heard horror stories about Missha's customer service in particular, how (at least the US branch of it) takes forever to ship out products or sometimes just doesn't ship it out at all. I was actually a little scared they had forgotten my order or may have canceled my order without my authorization, because their correspondence with me wasn't very clear! It took almost a month to receive my order, supposedly due to a snowstorm.

When I bought from an eBay seller from Korea, the transaction was much smoother and the product got to me faster. Granted, the product information on the box and on the tube itself is in Korean which I can't understand a lick of so I can't exactly verify that it's authentic other than the product being in the native language, but I haven't heard of counterfeit BB creams coming from Korea anyway.

I have used quite a few brands and I really like them for light to medium coverage. It can make you look so flawless and even poreless :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. It can cover your blemishes without layering too much product. If you don't like using a foundation but tinted moisturizer is too light for you, this is a must try. 

Isabel - the Asian ones do come in basically one range of shades with few variations in coloring. The Asian ones typically do not work on Caucasian skin or African-American. 

Back