Does religion matter when it comes to makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On another forum, someone mentioned how they would not buy from Joppa because it's a Christian run company. It then became a big discussion on why people would or would not buy Joppa's product. I mean come on, who cares what religion it is as long as the product is good. It's not like they're a cult or a terrorist group, and they sell a good product that I like. So why not buy from them? Do people honestly care about the religious affiliation of makeup?

I don't want to to hurt anyone's feelings, but I hate when ppl becomes so obsessed with religion (whatever religion that is) that they become unrational and stupid.

That's what I'm saying, who cares as long as they're not like a murdering cult or psychotic terrorists. I also don't think people should be judged based on their faith. I am a CPA, I don't have any particular religious affiliations but let's say I'm Protestant. Let's say I have my own CPA firm, and I tell people I'm Protestant, does that make me less capable? Should people not want to work with me because I'm a Protestant CPA? How is that different from racial discrimination?

Originally Posted by Sereia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want to to hurt anyone's feelings, but I hate when ppl becomes so obsessed with religion (whatever religion that is) that they become unrational and stupid. I agree!

and as for buying m/u.......as long as no one is getting hurt or in a sweat shop.....it's all good to me!!

Originally Posted by Sereia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want to to hurt anyone's feelings, but I hate when ppl becomes so obsessed with religion (whatever religion that is) that they become unrational and stupid.
iagree.gif

It is silly. They choose to state their religion, so people won't buy from them? How many companies do those particular people do business with and they don't know their religious affiliation? They could be doing business with all kinds of Christians and don't know it!

Originally Posted by oceanmist /img/forum/go_quote.gif It is silly. They choose to state their religion, so people won't buy from them? How many companies do those particular people do business with and they don't know their religious affiliation? They could be doing business with all kinds of Christians and don't know it! Yep, right on Oceanmist! I concur.

for the most part, i try not to pay attention to what companies are doing because i think if i started looking in depth i would start running out of companies to buy from! usually i will only avoid a place if i have personally gotten bad service from them.

If I like a product, I buy it...I don't really care who owns it..or runs it...but for some people ..that's how they choose to voice or express their feelings...I see it as their right just as much as it is my right to use it...I do my thing..they do theirs...

Originally Posted by spikeyli /img/forum/go_quote.gif On another forum, someone mentioned how they would not buy from Joppa because it's a Christian run company. It then became a big discussion on why people would or would not buy Joppa's product. I mean come on, who cares what religion it is as long as the product is good. It's not like they're a cult or a terrorist group, and they sell a good product that I like. So why not buy from them? Do people honestly care about the religious affiliation of makeup? That's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have never even thought of that and i dont see how it matters. Ditto!
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by Sereia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want to to hurt anyone's feelings, but I hate when ppl becomes so obsessed with religion (whatever religion that is) that they become unrational and stupid. i agree! that's my biggest pet peeve.

Originally Posted by Sereia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want to to hurt anyone's feelings, but I hate when ppl becomes so obsessed with religion (whatever religion that is) that they become unrational and stupid. i totally agree. religion is a personal thing though for some people---so i guess unless they're "the same" religion, they won't "support" the business. i think that's totally stupid though.

Originally Posted by Sereia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want to to hurt anyone's feelings, but I hate when ppl becomes so obsessed with religion (whatever religion that is) that they become unrational and stupid. ITA, i dont even know how you would find that out, really i dont see why it should matter. its bad enough people wont buy products that are tested on animals (bloody hippies) now they wont buy things that are tested on christians?! haha

Back