Dont waste your money on.......

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
taking a cue from the makeup boards thread, what bath, body and fragrance products have you tried that you found horrible?

i love perliers honey scented line, but the honey body wash is powdery and blecchy smelling.

Philosophy's Strawberry shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. It sucked! Left my skin feeling itchy and my hair rough. Did not like that combo at all. it also didnt smell too good against my skin.

the pantene pro v color stuff. it made me stink cause of the chemical smell.

i hate most of pantene's products cus they build up so badly on your hair. i always hear from hair dressers not to use those products.

Originally Posted by Liz the pantene pro v color stuff. it made me stink cause of the chemical smell. I actually just started using this and I really like it.

I used to use Pantene products and it did make my hair silky smooth and soft. But it also cause a lot of buildup so my hair dresser convined me to switch. Maybe using it with a clarifying shampoo from time to time would be good!

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i hate most of pantene's products cus they build up so badly on your hair. i always hear from hair dressers not to use those products. THey have a lot of wax in them... hence the buildup. They make your hair seem really soft, but it's not actually helping anything - its just a coating. I'm actually going by my friend's salon for a trim in a bit, and I'm bringing my Biolage hydra-therapie vials for my treatment... those things are AWESOME!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I used to use Pantene products and it did make my hair silky smooth and soft. But it also cause a lot of buildup so my hair dresser convined me to switch. Maybe using it with a clarifying shampoo from time to time would be good! I like Pantene Pro V range, especially the conditoner to protect and repair. I sometimes use the shampoo as well as it is very rich.I agree that using a claryifiying shampoo is good too. In fact i must get some. Janelle, what are the Biolage hydra-therapie vials like? Do tell.....
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Pauline I like Pantene Pro V range, especially the conditoner to protect and repair. I sometimes use the shampoo as well as it is very rich.I agree that using a claryifiying shampoo is good too. In fact i must get some. Janelle, what are the Biolage hydra-therapie vials like? Do tell.....
wink.gif
ooooh... I absolutely looooove them! I picked up a box pretty cheap at the show - it's supposed to be a 'service' at the salon... but I'm sure you might be able to find them at supply stores that sell to salons. There are 10 vials in the box and 2 applicator tips. (it looks like a cow udder! lol) You shampoo, then squeeze the "udder" to dispense it on the hair... once its all coated, you get a nice 10 min. scalp massage (best part IMO!
wink.gif
) And then you leave it in another 5 min. or so & rinse out. It makes such a difference you wouldn't believe it unless you felt it for yourself. Straw to silk... no joking.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
They have different formulas for different hair types ... colored, damaged, dry etc. (I have the one for dry) and it makes such a total difference. My hair looks so much healthier after using it. They give you 10 vials in the box. Each one is one treatment. They aren't very big bottles, but a little goes a long way. So happy I found them!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
**Added pics of hair after treatment** Please ignore the 1/2 done makeup! Also my hair isn't 2 colors, it's dark brown, but will look red when light hits it! LOL
icon_redface.gif
** Sorry to veer off topic w/ this post - but I didn't know where else a reply to pauline would fit in! lol **

Jaqua Girls Buttercream Frosting-the texture of the product is ok, but the actual scent wears off and smells like plastic after a month.

Aquolina Pink Sugar is really overrated IMO. It smells really wonderful, but not as a perfume! I feel like I smell like a candy store when I wear it!

The Dessert body lotion... it's way to sweet smelling for my liking - tried some, and started giving me a headache! lol
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Emma1980 ... Freeman body butters. Hard as a rock and waxy to boot! well the immitations are never as good as the originals. TBS's are soooo much nicer

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The Dessert body lotion... it's way to sweet smelling for my liking - tried some, and started giving me a headache! lol
icon_redface.gif
I agree! I tried some on oneday and had to go wash my hands because it was too sweet smelling. My nails stilled smelled like it even after washing my hands.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The Dessert body lotion... it's way to sweet smelling for my liking - tried some, and started giving me a headache! lol
icon_redface.gif
anything from the dessert line or the dessert treats line total ickyness

Philosophy's Gingerbread Man. Saw it on Oprah, supposed to be great product so I went to Sephora to get it. Tried it and that stuff was the worst, so I returned it and even the manager said it wasnt a great product.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by deejoy Jaqua Girls Buttercream Frosting-the texture of the product is ok, but the actual scent wears off and smells like plastic after a month. I didn't have a problem with losing the odor, but the texture was horrible (very greasy)

My cheapy favorites: Dove Body wash and Bar Soap...I always go back to these. I love the fresh smell and both do a great job of moisturizing. I also like most of the Body Shop's body butters. And alot of Booth's products that you can usually find in alot of drugstores. Oh yeah, and Oil of Olay Quench lotion....love this stuff!!

My favorite splurges: Origins Ginger Whipped Souffle....You obviously have to love the smell of ginger and this stuff really does it's job. I leave my skin barely damp and lather it on my legs...they are stll silky at night time!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I also love anything made by MOR...great lasting smells!! And I do actually like Aquolina....sweet indeed, but I love the feel of the body mousse...it feels very light and fluffy.

Thanks to beauty reviews, I very rarely come across yucky stuff.
claps.gif
I do however remember one of my aunt's used to bathe herself in Avon lotions and I had to cover my nose if I got too close. LoL...but that could have been just an over-indulgence issue.
icon_eek.gif

i hate the zero frizz line it sucked i felt like mt hair was to greasy . i have switched to bio slik and love it

Latest posts

Back