Down the Indie Rabbit Hole

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, nifty!  I'm guessing you're talking about the acronyms like in the glossary here:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/135163-indie-glossary/

Are those the ones that were updated?  Because I'm not seeing them show up with hover-over stuff in that first post (where I tried to corral all of them in one place), but I don't know whether this would be retroactive.
I took it all from that list, but yeah, I'm thinking it doesn't apply retroactively.

Okay, let's try this:  GDE OTM!  NM VC! 

ETA:  That worked!  So now we know it's not retroactive like the naughty word filter is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let's try this:  GDE OTM!  NM VC! 

ETA:  That worked!  So now we know it's not retroactive like the naughty word filter is.
Also just noticed VC didn't go through for you here? Not sure why since I have it put in.... o_O

eta: oooh, I think I figured it out, I accidentally put a space after the "c" so with your exclamation point it did not compute. fixed that!

I finally tried a whipped soap last night, and I love it! Luckily, I've accumulated quite a few, so I'm in for some good smelling showers this season!

I've been using a HoG Bubbling Scrub in Elevenses and IT'S AMAZING.  Not harsh like a regular sugar scrub, lightly exfoliating, and (to me) it smells like sweet, minty tea.  So in love!  And then after this little tub I have samples of Cozy Sweater, Pumpkin Queen, and Olde Cider Haus.  And a sample from Alchemic Muse called Bonfire!  2015 is the year I just smell SO GOOD!

(Also, @@meaganola got me some kind of unlabeled lotion from Pacifica for the summer exchange and it smells like fresh, juicy apples.  I wore that lotion and Cocoa Pink's Black Apple Noel perfume oil today and it was amazing. So much happy!)

So I had an empty pot I found, and I decided to put one of my sample baggies in it...I randomly chose Black Rose Minerals' Blood Moon, and holy crap it's pretty! It's a silvery bluish lavender with a load of red and purple sparkles with a coppery red shift...I think I'm in love.

And now, naturally, I want to try more. They're not a company I see talked about often...anyone tried any other things from them they've liked?

image.jpg

Dark Matter Makeup swatches! TMTYL, Why So Sirius?, Ixion, Polaris, Cassiopeia, Betelgeuse, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor.
I have most of those and I have yet to wear them on my eyes! So excited to.

The bad thing about having a 2 week christmas break (yay working for the schools!) is that I have all of these  new indie pretties and not much excuse to wear them...haha! A whole box of untouched things...I have a feeling next week is going to be an extra adventurous makeup week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is someone reopening, having a sale, launching a new line, etc. tomorrow? For some reason, I have the 3rd on my brain for makeup-related reasons, and I can't remember why, but I'm assuming it's for something indie since that's pretty much all I care about nowadays.

ETA: Nevermind. I remembered! It's my Ephemera shipping date!

Is someone reopening, having a sale, launching a new line, etc. tomorrow? For some reason, I have the 3rd on my brain for makeup-related reasons, and I can't remember why, but I'm assuming it's for something indie since that's pretty much all I care about nowadays.

ETA: Nevermind. I remembered! It's my Ephemera shipping date!
Lol you got to the edit before me! I cant wait for Ephemera!

(I think the new cupcake shop down the block from me is opening either today or tomorrow, so that's another reason the 3rd might be stuck in my mind.  Too bad it's too dark and cold for me to be wiling to check it out tonight and see for sure.)

I just got notice that my very first Indie purchase is sitting in my mailbox!!

Whoo hoo!

Its just a few samples from Glamour Doll Eyes, but still you have to start somewhere, right?!?!

Thanks to this thread I've been stalking all the indie sites drooling like a dog and checking the closed shops twice a day to see if they've opened yet LOL.

Whoo hoo!

Its just a few samples from Glamour Doll Eyes, but still you have to start somewhere, right?!?!

Thanks to this thread I've been stalking all the indie sites drooling like a dog and checking the closed shops twice a day to see if they've opened yet LOL.
Awesome! GDE is a great one to start with!

I hate when Etsy shops are closed and I can't even see what they have. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Whoo hoo!

Yay! What colors did you get? Love me some GDE

OK for blushes I got samples of:

Peach is the New Blush

Polish My Halo

Start a Rumor

Hollywood Affair

Shadows:

Tawdry

Lovelock

Baking Season (free w. Purchase)

I can't get over how beautiful they all are!

And her turnaround was pretty quick.

I took some swatches but don't have time to upload, but I will soon!

PS...I just learned how bad I am at swatching!!

Latest posts

Back