Dr.Bronner Magic Soap. Anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help. Usualy the translation sticker are put on the surface for imported itsms that I can't read the original instruction part that gets ugly if I peel it. and the soap bar didn't mention the teeth brushing at all :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will be buying the liquid one(bigger surface) perhaps I can read the instruction more clearly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Update: just bought Castile soap Peppermint (8 Fl.oz/236 ML) at the chemist near me in Tokyo.

It was 1,150 Yen = about $9. Isn't it a bit pricey or what?

I had a big bath this evening, here is the review:

Hair: Felt really good. I like to rinse it with slight colder temperature water.

Teeth: My tongue felt a bit sting when I tasted it. I didn't clean teeth with it.

Face & Body: it worked good on my oily back. no more grease on forehead.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :)

I'll do the washing dishes with it tonight.

The peppermint is actually nice... very refreshing.

It says it needs to be diluted in water. When I dilute, it does not produce as much soap suds anymore and I am just used to those soap suds and then I rinse!

I use it every once in a while now.

I saw this in Harmon the other day, and it looked really cool. I love peppermint so I was tempted to give this a go. For that size bottle it was not too expensive at all, but I lost interest when they talked about diluting it. I don't know why, it just seems like a hassle to me for some reason. I understand its like ultra-concentrated and good for everything... so take away that extra step and I'm sold! Lol.

The label is just COVERED with words... haha makes it a little hard to concentrate on the instructions!

dr_bonners_peppermint_reg.jpg

I've used this for years. I prefer the peppermint hemp liquid version. The smell is amazing. It's non-drying even in the winter and really thoroughly cleanses and refreshes (sounds like an ad I know but the stuff is great) with being harsh to skin, hair, or face. It lasts a long time. I keep a bottle in the shower for showering and baths. Drugstore.com carries it as do most health food stores.

Lol, I totally agree with you.

Review updated:

It felt really nice when I washed my hair with the Peppermint, althouh got greasy after the blow dry. Maybe it's bacause I have thick Japanese hair?

Otherwise the product is good for my face & body :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm using two Dr.bronner liquid soap, Tee tree oil and Rose. I love both of it. I sometimes use the Tea tree oil one when am having monthly period bumps and Rose everyday regularly at night because I only wash my face with cleanser once a day.

Note: I've been using this soap since I started this thread :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have used the liquid castile as well as bar soap for years! I never thought to use it as shampoo. Thanks for the heads up.

I would love to try some products from Dr Bronner esp the Magic Liquid soap but very shame dont have this brand in my country :-(

I use Dr. Bronner's when on river trips because it is biodegradable and you can wash right in the water. Personally I like the lavender just because it smells good on that 6th day of sun and rapids. I wasn't sure if it was a poor shampoo or if it is because I rinse using silt laden river water???? I am glad to see others use it and like it without the silt additive.

Well, I wash my face with cleanser once a day and usually diluted the liquid soap with water everytime I use it so it wasn't harsh for me. That was before when I had oily acne prone skin.

But now, I find it a bit drying for my skin because my skin finally back to normal skin type and rarely gets acne. So I only use the tea tree oil when I get pimple. For regular cleanser, I switched to Rose one and it smell nice :heart:

By the way it also removes makeup except waterproof products (mascara/sunscreen)

The rose one is great for any skin type and it's not harsh. Never broke out from it either. I just love it because it's cheap and works for my skin lol.

I love this! I have gone through 3 bottles of this. you need ajust a little bit because it latters a lot. And it can double as anything. Pretty cheap, imo.

Hmm, I personally prefer the liquid over the bar soap, so I only use the liquid one.

I don't know why they don't have the liquid rose up on the website. We got it all over Japan import shop here and the last time I googled, UK also has it.

I think the Liquid rose one is new though, maybe that's why?

Here on UK Amazon.

I couldn't find any US sites that sell the the Rose one. Maybe others can help :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back