Dr.Bronner Magic Soap. Anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boyfriend loves this stuff. He uses the pepermint one (don't like the smell). I tryed it but I wasnt happy with it because it dryed my skin out so much and made me all itchy, even if i used a tiny bit. I've also tryed it in my hair because my hair is sooo picky about the shampoo I use, but I still cant say i was loving it. I like my St Ives oatmeal body wash, and it smells yummy lol. But I wouldnt say dont try the Doc Bronner because i know a bunch of people that LOVE it!

If you're on the West Coast, you can find this product at Trader Joe's. The bar soap is about $2.50. Don't remember the prices on the other products. I buy the bar soap for my husband, as he's prone to overproductive body odor, and the peppermint one really knocks it out all day long. I woudn't use it on the face as it contains detergent which is too drying. Using it on my feet seems to help a little with sweat prevention. Word to the wise, DON'T use the peppermint one on feminine areas, if you get my drift. Burns like crazy, for hours! It's also best to use this prior to shaving legs rather than after. It can irritate those prone to razor burn when used after shaving. Don't think i'll be brushing my teeth with it though.

Try their all over household cleanser too. Very concentrated and can be diluted to whatever strength you choose! Works wonders.

I just discovered that Dr Bronners liquid soaps are great for cleaning makeup brushes, far more efficient than my MAC brush cleaner & cheaper as well, only need a few drops with some water!!

Yeah it works great, I even wash my makeup brushes more often which you need to do ... and I have swapped away my MAC brush cleanser.

Did you try it yet??

I found this to be way to harsh to use on my face/hair/body. Dry DRY DRY. I do use it as a hand soap though (diluted). The almond one is LOVELY for this!

I love cleaning my brushes with it (even my 187 comes out looking new and white!)

I do my dishes with it, use it for hand soap, clean the floors and walls. I love the Tea Tree and Peppermint for household stuff. I use the unscented baby one for my brushes. Great Value!

Another note: Who doesn't love the fanatical religious rantings all over the bottle? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love when people use my washroom and get mesmerized by all the crazy rambles all over it!

I use the Lavender one and I buy mine at Target and they also sell it at one of my local supermarkets(Sweetbay) in there organic area. I like it alot, I don't dilute mine and I haven't tried it as a shampoo,I may do that this weekend on my hair and see how it works.

yep I use mine to clean my makeup brushes as well, works great and does not leave them feeling dry!

love love love this soap...my fave is the lavander..it's similar to the scent of my seventh generation natural dishwashing soap(which i love too) I would buy the big bottles, they're around $12.00 in Target which is way better than getting an $8 fancy organic handsoap. I dilute in and it fills and refills all of our handwash bottles around the house. Im particular about handwash soaps coz MOST have DMDM hydantoin which is a formaldehyde-forming preservative. <formaldehyde=danger>

I bought one for sensitive skin, my skin is combo. So I washed my face with it (dropped a few drops into my palm and worked into lather) and my face felt greasy when I was washing off the soap. It felt like the soap didn't clean my skin or it left some film on it? Am I not using it the right way? :unsure:

I SWEAR by this soap for cleaning my brushes! I used to use Parian Spirit, but this is far better - it just sucks out the minerals and leaves your brush soft and smelling nice. Brushes dry pretty fast with it. I wouldn't clean my brushes with anything else!

Back