Dream mousse blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Stupid question: but how and especiall WHEN do you apply the mousse blushes? I ask becouse I tried this so often. I usually but on my foundation/ tinted moisturizer than I add my blush as usual and then I try to make it shimmery with the mousse blush. But the powder blush I was using before get absolutely damaged while doing this. If I only take the mousse blush without the powder blush I am looking to pale. And if I apply the powder blush after the mousse it looks like to much color! I will never get this right!
icon_cry.gif
do you want to use both a mousse and powder blush? if you want to add shimmer to your powder blush, i would just say get a different powder blush that has shimmer in it. if you do want to use your mousse blush also, ditto on just using a lighter hand when applying powder over the mousse. since the mousse is a tad wet, it will catch more of the product.

i went to cvs to check these out last night and they had testers (cvs NEVER has cosmetics testers) and i put it on my hand since i already had makeup on and it's STILL on (peach satin, i think it's called). i didn't end up buying it because i really don't need more blushes.

Originally Posted by Laura No no no.. i feel a lemming coming on! Tell me they dont last on oily skin Erica! Well I don't have oily skin, just normal, but they do last all day on me.
I'm still loving these. :icon_love

I haven't checked these out yet, but sure will next time I'm at the drugstore. Currently I'm loving Stila Rouge Pots. I have Sweet Pea and Lotus and apply the blush with my #21 Stila brush. It goes on so smoothly, blends perfectly. I tend to have an oily t-zone and the blush has held up quite nicely through the most humid of days. (I really need to do a FOTD one day)

Originally Posted by Sofia (I really need to do a FOTD one day) Yeah you do!
tongue.gif

I have been seriously lemming the Stila Rouge Pots, ran across these mayelline ones yesterday and I have to say I wish I would have just saved my money and put towards Stila. IMHO. I know what works great for someone else does not always work for another. For the $$ it is worth a try. Just didn't do it for me.

I wouldn't knock drugstore make-up, but I have just had better experience with high-end make-up. IMO it just seems like I need to use much more drugstore m/u than high-end, but that's just me and it could all be on my technique, but whatever works for you is what's important.

Back