Dry lips!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have dry lips you must remember to drink, water is best but drinking anything will help.  Try out a nice lip balm I like Hydramax + Active Nutrition Lip Care from Chanel and Dior's Crème de Rose (SPF 10).  If you would like something inexpensive L'Occitane en Provence's shea butter lip balm is nice.

I soo needed this thread!!  My lips are in ubber bad shape!! Ive been applying lip balm over and over again and apparently its backfired and I now have thick course and cracked lips!!

Ugh!!  I fight the urge to bite at them.
unsure.gif

Any recommendation on exfoliaters?  I dont want to use my toothbrush.
icon_rolleyes.gif
 Its a germaphobe thing.

LOL!

Thanks!!

Dr. Dan's cortibalm is the answer!

I had painful cracked bleeding lips for months, I tried EVERYTHING, went to the doctor numerous times.  I finally found Dr. Dan's cortibalm while doing a google search and my lips were better within 3 days!  Miracle!  Strongly recommend it to anyone with this problem!

Use lip balm and lip glow regularly......
guitar.gif

My Favorite lip glow its

"Dior Addict Lip Glow N° 01"
 ​
flowers.gif
Try it once.

wink.gif

My problem too.. I dont like balms and gloss. but I think I should give them a try for the sake of removing this dry lips of mine and I can stop picking my lips..

For prevention, I prefer lip butters and natural balms that do not have petrolatum or any petroleum products.  Burts Bees, EOS, and there are a few Etsy shops that make great ones.  For healing, nothing beats a scrub made of sugar and honey, followed by coconut oil.  Reapply the coconut oil as needed.

ROSEBUD SALVE!! Ever since I got it in my BB5 I've been using it... it works really good on chapped lips!!

I have the worst chapped, cracked lips in the winter! The only thing that has worked for me is Eucerin's Aquaphor lip repair. It's thick like vaseline, without leaving my lips too greasy and fragrance and dye-free. I've done some work for Eucerin and now I keep some in my bag, at my desk at work, and by my bed at home. I highly recommend it!

It is better if you use vaseline and other petroleum jellies to moisturize your lips. You can also try the lip balm that suite your type.

Link deleted per TOS

Dry lips are caused due to loss of moisture and that is why you should drink plenty of water. Eight to ten glasses per day is the key to have well functioning body and also having a glowing skin. Before going to bed drink at least one glass of water. Start your day with drinking one glass or two glass of water. This will also help your body to throw the waste and toxins from the body.

Link deleted per TOS

I highly recommend Firebird Bath & Body's lip balms.  They are handmade and available at Etsy.com and they ROCK!  I have dry lips and I do not have to reapply this lip balm as often as any other I've ever tried, great moisturizing formula and it supports a small business, too!

Originally Posted by honeykim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dont pick at your lips. do a lip scrub, and invest in a good chapstick/lip balm.

also, i remember i heard that too much chapstick can actually backfire.

i actually use clarins moisture replenishing lip balm. i really want to suggest this one.

i had really dry lips last year and after a couple days of using this. it helped a lot.

it really works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I totally agree with this! The Clarins has essential rose wax in it and feels lovely to slick on.  I have also really been getting into the LipFusion clear balm that came with a recent Birchbox.  It has a sweet taste and feels substantial on the lip.

This thread is great!

Lots of ideas (especially the homemade remedies) that I plan to try.

Dry lips were never a problem for me until this past winter. Plain shea butter seems to have worked best. I thought that the dryness would go away after the winter, but that was sadly not the case :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Definitely exfoliate those lips very gently if they are really chapped, after that you should exfoliate your lips 2x per week to prevent chapping!  Also, try to avoid licking your lips thought the day as they will cause them to become chapped.  

I love Papaw Ointment Cream from Australia! Amazing at moisturizing and it really really helps to avoid dry lips! Plus it 100% natural! 

Deleted per TOS

I love Paw Paw! For those not familiar with their products it's a company based in Australia - they're looking for US distributors - and the products are made with Papaya (aka Paw Paw).

Back