Dry lips!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love Lush's sugar scrubs to exfoliate my lips! They have nice flavors. Then I use their Honey Trap lip balm! 

Exfoliate, then I use fresh sugar's lip balms. I love the way it feels and it is the only thing I have found that truely moisturizes my lips. Sometimes I put it on before gtting in a hot shower and it really sinks in. I also love that they have tinted balms to give your lips a little pop of color.

Fresh lip balms are amazing for dry lips; if you use BDAY2012 on a $25+ Sephora order, you can get another mini duo. I find that most chapsticks, even Burt's Bees, just make dry lips feel waxy/peely without providing real hydration.

Dry lips are caused by dehydration and by weather (the cold, wind) so drink water and cover your mouth with a big cowl or scarf during the winter. There are two types of chapsticks or lip balms: those that protect, like ones with vaseline and bees wax, and those that heal and soften, like ones with oils in them. If your lips need to heal from being dry, cracked, or chapped, give your lips a scrub with a bit of olive oil and sugar, and cover them with a healing balm overnight. Then everyday use a protectant!

No matter what other brands I use, blistex medicated lip ointment (in the white squeeze tube) has been the one that works the best for me. I also use it on my dry skin patches in the winter. It never fails me, and its cheap and found in most drugstores.

Lip Balm or vaseline,,

both gives you good results. you will choose any one of them..

Gently exfoliate your lips with lip pumice, lip balms can help condition your lips, but a complete treatment is better. Use a Vitamin E Lip Treatment to help restore and rejuvenate the moisture content in lips for naturally supple lips.  A Vitamin C Lip Treatment seeps into your lips and locks in more moisture. It also lasts longer than a balm, retaining moisture in the lips.  Apply Vitamin C Lip Treatment before bed each night, and before applying any lipstick or lip gloss.

Once a year, every year my lips get super chapped and crack, to the point where they crack on the corners (which is the absolute worst!).  I'm also terrible about licking my lips too, which as we all know doesn't help one bit!

I started using Lucs Papaw ointment and I never have that problem anymore.  It's pretty great stuff although I have since learned that it is petroleum based, it is at least pharmaceutical grade petroleum jelly.  I've searched high and low for papaw ointment that is 100% natural but none work as well as this one.  And it is multi-functional to boot!

Honestly, I swear by this stuff and would highly recommend it to anyone who has the same issues as I once had.  Nothing else seems to work as well as this.

When my lips got dry and started bleeding my friend lent me her Palmers cocoa butter swivel stick and it worked so well!!!!!!!!  they are super cheap but work better than expensive lip balms.  plus, you can use it all over your body not just your lips.
tongue.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A huge wad of vaseline works every time for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by geniabeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ROSEBUD SALVE!! Ever since I got it in my BB5 I've been using it... it works really good on chapped lips!!

Quote: Originally Posted by cityskyline4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When my lips got dry and started bleeding my friend lent me her Palmers cocoa butter swivel stick and it worked so well!!!!!!!!  they are super cheap but work better than expensive lip balms.  plus, you can use it all over your body not just your lips.
tongue.gif

Definitely agree with these ladies. I use coco butter stick every night before bed. Works like a charm.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jujube09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have the worst chapped, cracked lips in the winter! The only thing that has worked for me is Eucerin's Aquaphor lip repair. It's thick like vaseline, without leaving my lips too greasy and fragrance and dye-free. I've done some work for Eucerin and now I keep some in my bag, at my desk at work, and by my bed at home. I highly recommend it!

I agree- eucerin's aquaphor

mix sugar and vanilla essence together, use it as a lip scrub which'll get rid of your dry skin. Lick or wash the access off. then use vaseline or any other lip balm! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually find that a good lip balm can really help, but there's more you can do too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  It's important to know the reasons behind why lips become dry!  Make sure you properly moisturise your lips, or use balm after a shower (as I'm sure you do), but also after you've been out in bitter cold or rain.  Winter weather is a leading cause of dry lips for a lot of people and it can creep up on you if you're not careful.  Another issue is that if you're constantly licking your lips, you should use some vaseline or balm that you don't like the taste of.  What way you won't want to lick your lips, which is a major cause for dryness.  Make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day, as standard.  Whilst standard balm really does help, a really useful trick is using a heavy moisturiser on your lips such as offerings from Aveeno or my favourite - Cetaphil lotion, will really help tonnes.  Get a good amount on before you head out into bitter weather, or before you head off to bed.

Back