Dry lips!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dermatologist recommended aquafor when I was on accutane. I had the worst dry lips ever and it really helped a lot. I put it on before I go to bed everynight and my lips are really soft when I wake up and stay that way. You could find this product at a drugstore, I have the little sample tubes but they are hard to find, it should be next to the vaseline.

No matter what lipstick I use it dries my lips. I just stick to tinted lip conditioners and moisturizing gloss.

I coat my lips with Vaseline at night and I find that my lips are nice and smooth in the morning.

And then I just reapply Vaseline throughout the day.

Carmex lipbalm is also a product that you should Definately try!

Ugh..I suffer from this too since I'm on Accutane.

Here's what I do: I exfoliate my lips daily with my toothbrush and at night I apply Neutrogena Norweigan formula lip balm, let it sink in, then I apply a coat of Vaseline. Works great!

Prior to application of lipstick or lipgloss, I apply a coat of the Neutrogena lip balm. What I love bout it is the fact that it's 'matte' so the lipstick doesn't slide off as with other lip balms that give a glossy finish.

P.S. What lipstick is that? It's a beautiful color!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lovefe /img/forum/go_quote.gif honey?and how u apply it? just spread some on your lips, and let it sink

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Drink more water!! My mom is a nurse and told me this trick a long time ago. Chapped lips are a sign of dehydration. Greasy lipsticks and glosses will only treat lips topically.. trust me.. I agree, my Mom taught me the same thing!

A terrific, extremely hydrating lip balm to wear at night(it can be worn days too,but a Clinique SA suggested I use it mostly at bedtime) is "Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment." It's around $11.00

The best thing I've done for my lips is rub a little Aquaphor onto them in the evening before going to bed. I had considerably dry and chapped lips and after having applied a bit of the healing ointment they felt and looked soft and smooth. I love the stuff. And use abit every night.

I use a product called Hot Lips Fixx smoothing therapy salve by ZOYA.

It's the only lip product that's worked for me, everything else always seems to dry my lips out even more.

i'm in love with Dr Theiss calendula lipbalm
smile.gif
it's organic, smells good and really moisturising.

i also like Druide vanilla lipbalm, also very moisturising, and the consistency make your lips shine almost like you've applied a gloss.

I drink ALOT of water during the day at work, cuz the AC is so cold, I got a space heater and my office is ARID!!! lol!!! Problem is, I drink the water and then I hafta pee soon after, so I'm not sure how much it's helping...

But good luck finding a solution kiddo.. And let me kno when u do!

I swear by Carmex during the day, and I mix raw Shea butter and Vaseline when I go to bed at night...

Maybe I'll incorporate Aquaphor into my night mix... It's under my sink for the longest and I haven't been using it...

i saw a tip about dry lips

u can apply baby oil zel and then u brush with a teeth brush for kids and ur lips gettin more soft and less dry.i think its a good tip.

i suffer from chronic dry lips so when i'm going to apply my makeup i use chapstick, its the only brand that works for me, i buy them in fruity flavor ones like grape strawberry etc. and when i'm done with my m/u i exfoliate my lips with the chapstick after it's softened the chapped dry flaky skin, and then i apply my lipstick and lipgloss and it goes on baby bottom smooth. good luck!

I bought the Chapstick brand, the blue one that's supposed to be extra moisturizing... Didn't do a thing for me...

But I guess you just hafta experiment and find what works for u...

i use MAC's lip primer before applying lipstick.it really works. and i use vazeline at nights too

i was told that it really isn't a good idea to exfoliate your lips because it disrupts the lipids and causes your lips to become even more dry.

well, i don't exfoliate my lips. if they got really chapped (but that happens rarely now) i will use some face scrub on them and then apply vaseline.

neutrogena lipbalm+vaseline is a great combo, the neutrogena is one of my fave lipbalms. or just shea butter.

Back