Dry lips!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have really bad lips...it all started from using a lot of lipsticks...actually CD lipsticks ruin my lips big time....i use vasiline

Thanks for this thread I have really dry lips too! They are already in bad shape and its not even winter yet. In winter my lips get sooo insanely dry Im not looking forward to it lol.

Although I havent found anything special yet, one thing I really like is Dermaglow Lip Exfoliator. It has Vitamin E and avocado oil in it but it has no yucky avocado taste
smile.gif
You just use your fingertip and it makes any excess dry skin flake right off. My lips are incredibly smooth after that but I dont use it often, I think I have a strange over exfoliating fear? You can find this stuff at the pharmacy.

Thanks for the recs though, I will be looking for shea butter and Aquaphor now too. I find all those chapsticks like Burt Bees, Blistex, any of those plain old things do nothing for me.

The Body Shop actually has a pretty good chapstick, it is one with hemp and salvia in it lol, it was suprisingly really moisturizing and I went through 3 tubes of it, but I stopped buying it because even though its pretty good its not good enough for my lips in the winter and it also looks like nothings on your lips, very plain
frown.gif

Last winter all I did was slather vaseline all over my lips almost every time before Id go out in the cold. I dont think it did anything maybe just kept my lips warm lol.

Sorry for long long post can anybody recommend a good shea butter product? Or am I supposed to get just pure shea butter? Sorry if thats a dumb question lol but Ive never used shea butter. Where do you get it??

One last thing, I drink ALOT of water everyday I always have a bottle with me lol, but it hasnt done anything for my lips
frown.gif

lucas pawpaw ointment is a godsend for dry lips! it works wonders on dry heels/elbows/knees as well!

defiantley burt bee's chapstick. it works and feels great
smile.gif

you could try exfoliating the lips also. what i read in a magazine is to get a dry toothbrush, put a bit of water and scrub your lips.

hth

I have the driest lips ever, I hate it! Nothing works, not even Lucas Paw Paw ointment. The best thing I've found so far is actually using this nappy rash cream called 'Amolin' - makes them quite soft. (Which is basically amazing with my lips.)

I scrub my lips but I never scrube them without applying a rich lip balm first. Scrubbing dry lips withouth applying lip balm first might get your lips to bleed if your lips are severely dry. First apply a good, rich lip balm (I use Uriage Stick Levre but I find Neutrogena works just as well at half the price) and wait 10 minutes. Buff lips gently with a tooth brush. Apply lip balm again. If you want to apply a lip color, apply a thick layer of lip balm, wait a few minutes and blot. Follow with a lip color.

My favorites are Shizen lip balm and TBS cocoa butter lip balm.

Also, I find that if I wear lipsticks with sunscreen in them they really dry out and irritate my lips, so I stay away from them.

Back