Dry Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ysabelle, so you wash your hair everydays??

It is very not good for the hair, especially if you have long hair

I would really advice you to try to espace your shampoo and dry shampoo can be usefull for that ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have Not Your Mother's because it was on sale when I went to the store a while back and I love it.... and I recently got the Biosilk one a week and a half ago, and it's not like I hate it, but if you're planning on using hairspray on your hair after, make sure it's going to an updo. Those 2 together are sticky. Without hairspray though it's just fine. I also only got Biosilk because I got them 2 for $7... they were just cheap. 

I have been trying a lot of Dry Shampoos. I have naturally blonde hair, so absorbing oil is more important than leaving a white cast. Dove is my favorite. Psst and Suave are also good. Alterna and Oscar Blandi were poor. Batiste with a touch of blonde was freakishly yellow and Tresemme was the worst at absorbing oil. I wash my hair every 3 days, and I would love to hear if other people have a dry shampoo that works really great at absorbing oil!

I didn't like the Tresemme one - it looked good upon first application, but after 5 minutes, my hair looked greasy again.  I'm currently using Big Sexy Hair's dry shampoo and it's okay considering the fact that it leaves my hair all crunchy feeling. :/ Still on a hunt for the perfect one. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Pssst and Batiste. I like Pssst more just because the scent isn't as strong to me as the batiste ones that I have tried. I get headaches really easily. My tip with dry shampoo is to spray it in your hair and let it sit for 5 minutes or so. I spray mine in right before I put makeup on. Then after I let it sit, i run my fingers through my hair as if I'm 'shampooing' it. I feel that my hair looks less oily and I also feel that it doesn't leave your hair with the 'dry shampoo feeling'. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dove works wonders on my hair, but I find the scent pretty overwhelming... any recommendations on ones (other than Psssst) that aren't highly scented?

I also love batiste (the original) and found that if I spray it in my hair at night right before I go to bed it gives it a chance to get tousled through my hair and gets rid of any of the white residue.

I have a few recommendations.

If you want that great volume (lets face it, second day hair is usually flat) go with Big Sexy's. Its amazing for that.

If you have darker hair and are worried about it showing, go with Kenra Platinum Dry Shampoo.

For smell, I like Tigi's Rockaholic dry shampoo.

Just some suggestions. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ps - keep in mind if you're going to be using a dry shampoo quite a bit, probably wouldn't hurt to use a clarifying shampoo once and a while.  

Blow Pro Faux Dry! It is amazing. I've tried nearly every dry shampoo under the sun. I don't have much luck with drug store brands at all. I have very fine, straight and easily oily hair that typically needs washed every day. I've noticed if I put a little dry shampoo on my roots at night, that I can get away without washing the next day.

Quote: Originally Posted by sstich79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dove works wonders on my hair, but I find the scent pretty overwhelming... any recommendations on ones (other than Psssst) that aren't highly scented?

garnier is also good.

I've used Psssssst  and Batiste.  I prefer Batiste.  When I use Psssssst , I can feel if when I run my hands through my hair, and I can't seem to stop myself from running my hands through my hair when I have stuff in it.  Batiste is less noticeable. I tried both baby powder and corn starch years ago.  It left my hair looking like a powdered wig.
I agree! Batiste has one for dark hair now so it doesn't leave a white residue on your roots. I tried using just baby powder (a recommendation from my very Swedish, very blonde sister-in-law) and it leaves an undesired effect for hair thats on the darker end of the spectrum.

Thank you so much for your advice.  That's why I noticed that my hair is falling and thinning, I should refrain from shampooing my hair daily so I really need to use dry shampoo.  What dry shampoo can you recommend?  Please help, it is tedious if I will make one for myself since I become very busy nowadays.  Lol

I bought this today actually because I was out of dry shampoo and they didn't have the dove one. I've only used Suave before and I don't care for the smell. I like how NYM's has no scent and left no white in my super red hair.

ETA: A few hours after using this product and my hair is so soft and clean feeling! Like it feels the way it does the day after washing it. Suave always left my hair so stiff and dry and NYM's has my hair nice and manageable. I have definitely found a winner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautybybrett /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Start with a light spray and then run your fingers through it. In your situation, if your hair is darker, you might want to consider getting one specifically for darker hair since you can't brush it out.

The Not Your Mothers brand didn't leave a white cast in my hair today and I just finger combed it through as I had curled my hair the day or so before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Batiste in the pink can. But I tend to go through dry shampoo fast so I buy the cheap stuff. I usually use the regular Suave one- the smell is strong right when you spray it but fades by the time I'm ready to do my hair. I recently tried the Herbal Essences dry shampoo and this one actually smells really good! I like them both :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back