Dry Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dove, one of the most trusted hair-care brands in the world, is out with a very effective range of shampoos. Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo helps in repairing the damaged and dry hair, while helping regain the shine. After few washes, you will be able to see visible results. It is one shampoo, which I would recommend personally for dry and damaged hair.

who else uses dry shampoo as a volumnizing/texturizing product? I do.  I wash my hair daily with the liquid stuff - but I have baby fine, very oily , very straight hair.  I find dry shampoo's give my newly washed hair the volume, texture I need and I don't have issues with it looking dull, because my hair is so naturally shiny (due to the oils)

We have about 9 people living in my current household with one main bathroom and one private one. Yeah, I definitely need some sort of oil absorbing product for my hair. Grabbed Treseme because of a clearance sale but wasn't wowed with it & the white cast. I also tried ground oatmeal & made a huge mess with that.

When using dry shampoo, you can apply the product down your part and around your hairline in case of normak hair. In case of oily hair, you may also want to apply it through the top layers of your hair.

I use dry shampoo a few times a week.  I usually shower daily but once a week or so I give my body a day 'off' to regenerate natural oils and keep my skin from getting too dry.  I have really thick heavy hair so if I don't use a dry shampoo on those days my roots start to look slightly greasy and I lose volume.  I haven't found too much of a difference between brands so far.  Tresemme, Suave, L'Oreal, Herbal Essences, and Rusk dry shampoos have all worked about the same for me with just small variations in scent and feel.  Suave, which is probably the cheapest, works great for me.

who else uses dry shampoo as a volumnizing/texturizing product? I do.  I wash my hair daily with the liquid stuff - but I have baby fine, very oily , very straight hair.  I find dry shampoo's give my newly washed hair the volume, texture I need and I don't have issues with it looking dull, because my hair is so naturally shiny (due to the oils)
I use them when I want more volume. It also helps me tease my hair since my hair is really fine and it hold all day!

(holy crap I had my title spelled wrong. Good thing I'm naturally blonde. I shouldn't type stuff when I'm tired! lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Amika makes an AMAZING dry shampoo - it smells incredible!

I have used several Batiste dry shampoos and LOVE them!

I'm currently obsessed with the "Vibrant & Red" colored one they have. I have dark brown hair naturally, but have red low-lights/high-lights throughout and this color works perfectly! It's not bright red so it doesn't stand out against my dark roots. It's more of a darker red/brown color.

All of you mentioning the Dove dry shampoo is making me want to give that a shot (to save a bit of money). Hopefully it's not the kind of white dry shampoo that stands out on dark hair. I can make the white Batiste's work on my dark hair, but I disliked Tresemme's for that reason.

I use arrowroot powder to make my own powdered foundation, so since I have it around it often gets used as dry shampoo. It works really well, and it's such a fine powder that it really gets down to the scalp and sucks all that oil up. It may seem expensive, but the bag I have has lasted me a year and it's not even half empty so I consider it a good investment.

Straight cocoa powder is another really good dry shampoo, especially for dark hair. Plus it leaves your hair smelling like chocolate!  :wub:  

As far as store-bought goes, Not Your Mother's is the only brand I've tried. It worked for me, and it is less messy than using a loose powder. Plus the smell is awesome! I use it when I'm in a hurry or want to simplify my process.

Batiste for dark hair works wonders for my hair! It doesn't leave it feeling greasy and full of product, but it saves my hair 1-2 days from being washed :) 

Batiste by far. I really want to try the Dove one but I can never freaking find it!

Back