Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just spent a good hour+ reading this entire thread... I wish I had found it yesterday before I spent $30 on my own EasyStraight nightmare.

I'll try and post some before and after pictures... for now, it's off to the salon to get some K-Pak and a trim.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by hanahou Well I just spent a good hour+ reading this entire thread... I wish I had found it yesterday before I spent $30 on my own EasyStraight nightmare.
I'll try and post some before and after pictures... for now, it's off to the salon...
frown.gif

The salon managed to save more of my hair than I thought they'd be able to... but even after an EXPENSIVE protein treatment it's still fried beyond repair. I'm just going to grin and bear it (and use expensive product) until it grows out. *sigh*
I've found something that helps, so I wanted to pass it on in case anyone else is going through the same problems. The product is by Burt's Bees and it's their Avocado Butter Hair Treatment. It's very thick and greasy but it has several different oils and extracts that help tame the mess. I leave it on for a few hours and then rinse.

Originally Posted by rowantree Hi! I talked with one of the lawyers back in April or May. They were having a hard time, had someone leave the firm & were trying to make sense of all the paperwork. I'm supposed to be mailing more pics to them (yawn). I was told that the process was going to take a while but I was given a $ amount that tells me if I do get that amount, this will have been worth the wait. Who knows for sure? In the meantime, the product is still on the shelves, burning scalps everywhere, and some beauty/fashion mags that should know better are promoting their so-called "hair care" products (which is really just some super nasty gunk in a nasty plastic bottle).
My hair is still fried, I keep getting it cut but I've probably got about 5-6 more inches to go before the damage is gone. I still have a nice sized bald spot on the "crown" of my scalp, but if I style my hair right, I can hide most of it. It's still pretty short, above my shoulders, and it's hard because the ends keep breaking off. One day I'll get there though!

Wow! There is no way I could've possibly read all the threads, but I skimmed through about 8 pages and I sense a great distaste for the product. One thing I must say is that I commend HarleyMom early on for contacting someone about the prob. I see that she went to Walgreen's which is where I work and I must say if you purchase your products from here and you're not satisfied you will be pleased with the results.
I don't recall if we even still carry it, but the product is still in existence and I will NEVER sell it. In fact, I will REFUSE the sale. I'm going to print these emails at work to see what I can do.

HTH. - Mel

Originally Posted by eightthirty Wow! There is no way I could've possibly read all the threads, but I skimmed through about 8 pages and I sense a great distaste for the product. One thing I must say is that I commend HarleyMom early on for contacting someone about the prob. I see that she went to Walgreen's which is where I work and I must say if you purchase your products from here and you're not satisfied you will be pleased with the results.
I don't recall if we even still carry it, but the product is still in existence and I will NEVER sell it. In fact, I will REFUSE the sale. I'm going to print these emails at work to see what I can do.

HTH. - Mel

You're Awesome!!! I am one of the ES victims (as I"m sure you've already read) and I was a hairdresser !!! Can we say DUMB MOVE!?!? lol Some people said they liked this... but so many did not. It's such a risky product for people to be using at home. I've had professional training... and along with the majority of people here, used it correctly & still got horrible results. I still see it for sale all over (along with other products now... shampoo, conditioner, etc.) This stuff needs to GO!!!
icon_frown.gif

Thanx for the warning about that easy straight stuff. Do you only get it in the states ir even in canada? But srry to all you people who lost their hair to this easy straight crap.

Originally Posted by swimmingbaby Thanx for the warning about that easy straight stuff. Do you only get it in the states ir even in canada? But srry to all you people who lost their hair to this easy straight crap. I'm not sure about Canada... but it's all over the US.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm not sure about Canada... but it's all over the US.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh maaaaaaan, it still ticks me off everytime I go into Walgreens and see this chit on the store shelf. They had it with a $5 off coupon when I was in there last week. I just hate to think of how many more of us are going to have to go through all the easystraight nightmare crap b4 someone finally gets it pulled off the market, at least we can hope that most will research and find this thread, kudos again to MuT for giving us a place to pass on the info. on this terrible product. I still have a ways to go b4 my hair will be back to the way it was and it's been a year and 4 months since I used it. Hope everyone elses hair is recovering ok, oh and helloooooooo all, I've missed you :icon_love

my sister used easy straight and it came out great and her hair was a fuzzy ball before. could it be that you put it on your scalp? i mean its not to be used like hair dye.

Originally Posted by Shelby_ my sister used easy straight and it came out great and her hair was a fuzzy ball before. could it be that you put it on your scalp? i mean its not to be used like hair dye. or maybe you got a bad or opened box.

Originally Posted by DeadHair Please do not use the new product Easystraight. My hair has been wrecked and I feel compeled to warn others. Search other discussion boards and you will see similar results. You will not find a single good review. I find this very hard to believe! I just searched online to buy more of this wonderful product again and saw this negative complaint. Many of my friends and I have used this product with great results.I tell a lot of people they will love their hair and the money you save too.

Originally Posted by styling I find this very hard to believe! I just searched online to buy more of this wonderful product again and saw this negative complaint. Many of my friends and I have used this product with great results.I tell a lot of people they will love their hair and the money you save too. Welcome to MuT! Glad it worked for you - but unfortunatley... it didn't for the majority of us
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by rowantree Hi Rouge, Hi NY Angel!
Rouge, I'm sorry about your hair. Do you think what you read about the product killing the hair follicle is true? So I'm stuck with this bald line? Oh you are so right on it when you said the settlement will be worth the wait but never worth the grief! Although maybe a million or two would do it.
wink.gif

NY Angel, I've been using the Remington Wet 2 Straight hair straightener that you recommended & it's a dream! WHAT did I do before I had this thing???

Glad to hear that we're all doing good & hanging in there & I have to say, in my opinion, using EasyStraight did give me one fantastic thing - the friends here! Talk to ya guys later!

Hey chickie!! I can't believe I missed your post!!! Sorry!!!
icon_redface.gif
Glad you liked the Remington - nice isn't it??
wink.gif
And before it, you had straw hair - like me !! lol
eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey chickie!! I can't believe I missed your post!!! Sorry!!!
icon_redface.gif
Glad you liked the Remington - nice isn't it??
wink.gif
And before it, you had straw hair - like me !! lol
eek.gif
LOL! Oh the Remington is so great & you know, I never, EVER would have even thought about buying it if it weren't for you!!!
claps.gif

That baby saves me a ton of time & makes my hair look soooo much better! Why on some days it almost looks like I have normal hair!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

As for the new messages on ES, well I just can't believe we are still getting these types of comments. *sigh* Still waiting on the lawsuit - if I don't hear something from them in the next few weeks, I'm going to call them again to get an update. Last time I talked to the atty was in March!

Thanks to everyone who posted about the effects of Easystraight (both negative and positive). I did buy the stuff and plan on returning it tomorrow. I just wanted to loosen my curls a little but I don't hate my curly hair so much that I would want to take a chance on completely destroying it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to loosen curls without using a blow dryer or flat iron. I had hair below my shoulders but when I went in for a trim ended up with chin length. I think she underestimated the shrinkage factor. I just want my hair to look a little longer until it grows out but the minute I apply heat to my hair it turns to fuzz. I do use a variety of smoothing creams etc. mostly Aveda products. Any advice would help. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by dvesco Thanks to everyone who posted about the effects of Easystraight (both negative and positive). I did buy the stuff and plan on returning it tomorrow. I just wanted to loosen my curls a little but I don't hate my curly hair so much that I would want to take a chance on completely destroying it. Anyone have any ideas on how to loosen curls without using a blow dryer or flat iron. I had hair below my shoulders but when I went in for a trim ended up with chin length. I think she underestimated the shrinkage factor. I just want my hair to look a little longer until it grows out but the minute I apply heat to my hair it turns to fuzz. I do use a variety of smoothing creams etc. mostly Aveda products. Any advice would help. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

You can use a heavier conditioner... (like Biolage conditioning balm) or products designed for curly hair. (I like CurlySexyHair) You can also run your fingers through your hair as it's drying and physically 'pull' the curl down. Another option is pulling it back in a soft scruchie while its wet to help control the spring-up.
wink.gif

I was really thinking about buying this but i hadnt because i wasnt sure i wanted to spend $30 on it. After reading this thread and others I dont think Ill be getting it.

*bump*

....still trying to grow out my hair. I'm tempted every day to chop it off but my boyfriend has pleaded with me not to. I canNOT wait until all the damage is gone.

The things that have helped the most for me are:

1) letting my hair air-dry as much as possible.

2) Joico K-Pak shampoo and reconstructing conditioner

3) while my hair is still damp I put that Garnier Fructis "fruit oil" stuff on the ends and it helps with frizz quite a bit, with minimal weighing down.

Originally Posted by hanahou *bump*
....still trying to grow out my hair. I'm tempted every day to chop it off but my boyfriend has pleaded with me not to. I canNOT wait until all the damage is gone.

The things that have helped the most for me are:

1) letting my hair air-dry as much as possible.

2) Joico K-Pak shampoo and reconstructing conditioner

3) while my hair is still damp I put that Garnier Fructis "fruit oil" stuff on the ends and it helps with frizz quite a bit, with minimal weighing down.

Just keep up on your trims... it doesn't have to be a lot, but enough to help with damage control
wink.gif
I used it 1 year & 5 months ago... and I still have about 5" of ES damage to go before it's gone...
icon_rolleyes.gif
Its such a pain at this point... my hair waves on top, and are still sticks on the bottom. *ugh*... Thanks for the bump... gotta keep people informed - this stuff is still out there!!
icon_surprised.gif

Omg this totally sucks!! I am so sorry to everyone who lost their hair ...

I totally know how you feel... Last January I used Revlon Box dye... some bargain dye that was on sale at Walgreens. I figured, what the hell? I just needed to dye my hair black from pink (Immigration) and it was in really healthy and shiny condition. When I washed out the dye it fell out in CLUMPS... I ended up having to shave my head because it was breaking off at the roots (where my virgin hair was, it even killed that!)

I am still growing out my hair and it is going to be over a full year until I get it back where it was.

Latest posts

Back