ELF Rant (just a little one)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gifI almost got the flat topped brush but waited instead for the Stipple Brush.  I'm soooooo glad I didnt get it now!

The flat top was one of the brushes I got in my last order...I was actually impressed with it being the first non-EDM flat top that I actually felt was thick enough to handle mineral foundation.  I've washed it a few times with no problems.  (The other flat tops I've ordered from other places were too...the bristles weren't compact together enough and spread out so it didn't feel likt I could really buff very well with it)  lleshal must have gotten one that wasn't glued in as well.

I've ordered a brush from coastal scents where the handle fell out of the head of the brush as soon as I picked it up.  (The wooden handle part looked like there was some hot glue that dried on the end of it, and it was just lightly inserted in, and never really got glued in.)  I contacted their customer support and they got  a new brush sent to me the next week.

The primer I use (I've seen it on a few different online makeup stores, usually not branded but it looks like this:
) I purchased back ups of last time I bought it on sale.  (I've seen it for anywhere from $9-$30 so the last time it went back down to $9 I bought like 3 bottles lol)

My face isn't super oily and I don't have huge pores or wrinkles to hide though so I usually only use it if I want to feel a bit better about needing my makeup to last-all-day-long.  (Haven't really felt/seen too much of a difference between not using or using any primer. I'm sure there's a difference but it wasn't any sort of night and day miracle change beauty step for me, so I guess it's on my lower priorities list.)

I want to try the Hard Candy lipsticks but they are ALWAYS open at the Wal-Mart nearest to me. I haven't checked the other one.

When I received a defective item from ELF, it took no time at all and I had a replacement! They are really good at getting your replacements to you in a timely manner.  Mine was defective 2x in a row, and the third time was the charm! LOL

As for the person that had problems with the Flat top powder brush, mineral line, I've had mine for a few months and it hasn't shed a single hair! I love it so much I have either 4 or 5 of them now. I absolutely love it and can't imagine being without it now.  I think you got a defective one. Contact ELF and have them send you a new one for free.  It's an amazing brush, truly. Don't give up on a defective sounding brush! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Sweet Cheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow that stinks! How do you like the HC one in the meantime?

I really like it!  I was a little leary at first but it goes on velvety smooth!!!!!  I wont break into my ELF until the HC is gone. 

Originally Posted by CHaNGiNGFaCESx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just had a serious ELF haul at Target, LOL.

The Target that's close to me isnt on the list of ELF suppliers and up till now hasn't carried anything.  However, they had an end cap full of their summer collection!  I snagged up the shimmer gloss collection and nail polish collection.  The polishes are great but the glosses are horrible.  They were all dried up 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Target that's close to me isnt on the list of ELF suppliers and up till now hasn't carried anything.  However, they had an end cap full of their summer collection!  I snagged up the shimmer gloss collection and nail polish collection.  The polishes are great but the glosses are horrible.  They were all dried up 
frown.gif

kiki, I've NEVER seen ELF in any Targets until last week (actually there wasn't much ELF on target.com until recently either).  I was a bit surprised, Target had redone their entire beauty area.  There was an entire section devoted to ELF.  There were lots of brands there that I hadn't seen in Target before (and I had a hard time trying to find some of the products I was trying to get).  A lot were brands I had seen in Ulta, like the spa beauty products, masks, some sort of volcanic ash face wash, body butters, scrubs, etc.  I think that the body wash/body lotions used to have their own aisle, and they kind of got crammed into the facial lotion/wash aisle, and replaced by an entirely new aisle of skincare/beauty pampering products.

I've (luckily) never had a beauty related manufacturer's defect, but I once bought a box of McCain Pizza Pockets, heated one of them in the oven, bit into it and realized there was nothing inside!! Everyone I tell this story to thinks it's hilarious but I was actually a little annoyed! Especially since those pizza pockets aren't even that cheap!

Edit: More on topic: I just remembered, I once bought a Dove antiperspirant that had a really awful sickening smell. It was supposed to be some kind of soft floral fragrance, but when I opened it I immediately realized something was wrong. The smell was kind of nauseating, and I won't describe it any more than that because it's kind of gross. Needless to say I threw it out really fast and bought a new antiperspirant (in a different scent.) I was afraid that maybe something had gone wrong with a batch of the product in that particular fragrance, so I decided to get a different one.

I've noticed that too!!!!!! Also, I was surprised my Napoleon Perdis which was only sold at Sephora and Ulta is now available at Target.  Looks like Target has come a loooong way in the beauty dept. 

That's hilarious that that was empty, inconvenient, but funny
laughno.gif
.  I actually just got a package from them with the 100 palette and complexion perfection powder.  They compact was shattered to pieces and the eyeshadows had a couple busted ones and 1 corner was cracked completely off.  I'm a bit annoyed but I know they'll fix it.  I also was swatching some colors and noticed that the mattes didn't seem to have a lot of color.  There was 1 I found ( there may be more I haven't checked them all) that was completely colorless.  I tried rubbing some off on my finger and a brush and there was no product on either.  Then i used my nail to scratch at it and tried to swatch the powder but again, no color.  It was like plastic!  Definitely not impressed with the 100 palette.

I'm so jealous of all of you with Walmarts close by.  The closest 1 to me is 30-35 min away and is filthy.  I don't think the trip is worth the Hard Candy products sadly lol.

wow that is pretty insane. but you know what, ive ordered from the ELF website once, as did my friend. I ordered while there was a sale going on, if you spend over 25 you get 10 free mineral eye shadows.. cool.. so i ordered different things, such as a 5 piece gloss set, some eyeliners and primers. when i got my package, my gloss set was NOT shipped. so i emailed them and it took about 3 days for a response but they refunded me my money for the glosses and still shipped it out.

my friend, ordered the same time .. she was missing two things as well and didn't receive ALL of her free pigments..so she emailed/called.. when she spoke to someone, the lady gives her a $15 gift card.. which was kind of refunding back her money.. but was kind of pointless when she paid around 8 bucks for shipping for the FIRST order and would have to pay shipping again for any other order she placed..

so, all in all, i'd rather not order of their website unless its something i really want. i LOVE elf, but would rather shop at target for the smaller things i want.

As much as I like ELF and their sales sometimes it's just better to order off Target.com.

I agree with both of you.  I only order online from them when its something I can't find at Target or Kmart.  Unfortunately, this was one of those items.  I got my replacement a few days ago and you better believe I opened it first thing and tried the pump 
wink.gif

frown.gif
Oh that sucks girl!  Not only does Target near me have it, but also the Dollar Tree dollar store right around the corner of my house carries some of their products including brushes, it's crazy!  I was shocked to see it there, I mean yea, some items are a dollar anyways, but I just didn't expect to see it at the dollar store of all places because the dollar store usually carries shit makeup like LA Looks and stuff, but believe it or not the Dollar Tree actually has been having some decent items like L'Oreal lip glosses, the one that look like the Lancome Juicy Tubes... and also they have this NYC Mineral eyeshadow with liner sealer so it makes this AWESOME eyeliner, I bought out every color they had except white.. and I bought tons of the lipglosses for my kit because they had a lot of great colors and they have pretty defentnlasting power and look good on... so they will be great to use as finishing touches on clients and so forth, and then I could even just sell my client the lipstick and lipgloss and charge a little more and make a profit.. because it is always recommended that a client have the lipstick and gloss to touch up during the night.

So I got another shipment yesterday from ELF and I inspected it to make sure I received everything.  Everything looked good.  I swatched my nail polishes, sniffed my body butter, messed with my eyelash curler and even tried pumping my face primer.  It wouldnt pump so I thought "maybe it has a seal over it or I just need to pump more to get it started".  I put it all away.  Then today, I go to do my makeup and try my primer out.  NOTHING!  I opened it up looking for a seal.  NOPE! No seal.  I look at the pump stick and its totally clean.  I look inside and all I see is the white plastic container with nothing in there.  I was shocked.  No product.  I've emailed them to let them know and honestly I'm in disbelief here.  Has anyone else received a manufacturers defect?  Be it beauty related or not?  

OH MY GOODNESS! I just received my E.L.F order yesterday and I ordered the minerals eyeshadow primer that i've needed for a while now, and a few other things. The other things were fine, but when I opened the primer it was completely clean too W T F !? I called customer service and left a voicemail..haven't heard from them yet. I am pissed..lol Like how can this happen? I'm shocked i'm not the only one.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)) E.L.F F.A.I.L !!!!

Back