Eye primer or base?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
What works better before applying eyeshadow?

A face primer used on eyelids or a eyeshadow base..?

I spoke to a sales lady and tells me that its not whether or not the product works but if you have oily eyelids and sometimes depending on the shape of your eyelids..it'll crease regardless...

needless to say...she then tried to sell me a eyeshadow base..tsk..whatever

..silly lady..

anyway..i would like to know what works better

Tah Muchly!

Nox

Reaction score
For anyone who is not familiar with the acronym:

UDPP = Urban Decay Primer Potion

I had no clue... then I Googled it. And now I know!

Reaction score
hehe @ Nox, I didn't know either when I was a beginner MUT-er. But yeah, that stuff works really good!

Reaction score
You shouldn't use a face primer on your eye lids since it is not meant to work there. It would most likely crease and that it one of the things you are trying to avoid. I also suggest UDPP.

Reaction score
UDPP is the best eyeshadow primer I have bought. I agree with Marisol. A face primer is not meant for the eye lids, could be too oily.

Reaction score
Ahh..well that is probably one of the reasons why I have problem with creasing...Okay note to self...no face primer on eyelids...

Thanks!

Reaction score
i'd say eyeshadow base, as Marisol said, it's specifically made for the eye area, and UDPP is just awesome.

Reaction score
only thing is, i've never seen UDPP in oz. But it's interesting you say face primer on the eyelids could cause creasing.. I use napoleon autopilot primer all over my face, mixed with my foundation. It doesn't crease particularly that i've noticed.. but then I powder over it. maybe the powder and the fac that it's mixed with foundation makes a difference?

Reaction score
I love MAC's Paint Pots. Bare Canvas is a favorite and my eyeshadow stays on all day

Reaction score
Hmm...I always use my face primer on my entire face including my eyelids. I'll have to stop doing that and see if my UDPP works (even) better.

Reaction score
mine always creases and I never knew...UDPP is at the top of the shopping list!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is there a cheaper alternative to UDPP? I don't think so but make sure you get some plyers and take off the clear top, you'd be suprised how much is left when you think you've run out. You could also wait for the Sephora F&F sale in a few weeks and stock up.

Reaction score
well...anybody tries the filter - eye primer from smashbox ? I am using the primer for face as well ...love their products

Reaction score
I want to know too!

I saw those makeup artists on TV putting powder/foundation on eyelids, I tried the same but it doesn't work.

My eyelids are so oily - after about 9 hours shadows on my eyes look like cream.

I've never seen UDPP in stores...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rocksta /img/forum/go_quote.gif I want to know too!I saw those makeup artists on TV putting powder/foundation on eyelids, I tried the same but it doesn't work.

My eyelids are so oily - after about 9 hours shadows on my eyes look like cream.

I've never seen UDPP in stores...

I've only seen it in Sephora and Ulta...but you could probably get it online!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a fan of UDPP as well. Also, L'Oreal's e/s base "De-Crease" works very well.

Reaction score
UDPP is the only primer I use. But I can't wait to try MAC Paint Pots (I didn't like paints because I hated the tube packaging) and ArtDeco.