Eye Shadow 88 Color Palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the one I have from Ruby cosmetics, and it's def. not $60!! My friend gave it to me for Christmas and she owuld not have spent that much on it, I can check on the price for it, Ruby Cos. has a cart at the local mall and they will be at the Inter. Makeup Artists Trade Show in LA next weekend too
smile.gif

Oh, and the shadows are pigmented and go on nice

I bought mine from Coastal Scents not too long ago and I love it. I use it all the time! There are so many colors you can't go wrong. Mine came in perfect condition..no mold, no scratches on the case. And you can't beat the price.

It wasn't even the mold that bothers me as much as the way Coastal Scents treated their customer...she's worked things out with them, but I still have absolutely no desire to purchase from them!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif It wasn't even the mold that bothers me as much as the way Coastal Scents treated their customer...she's worked things out with them, but I still have absolutely no desire to purchase from them! Me too, mold happens, because I assume they get them from somewhere else, it was threatening to sue that was disgusting
5.gif

how does mold get started. i mean from everything i knew about this moisture is required right for mold to grow. aren't things normally sealed?

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif how does mold get started. i mean from everything i knew about this moisture is required right for mold to grow. aren't things normally sealed? Well, it's possible that the eyeshadow palettes are just closed and placed in a box rather than shrink wrapped.
I guess it depends on where the warehouse is, but I know that in Florida, it's very easy for mold to grow because of the humidity here. It can get humid even indoors, and mold can potentially grow just about anywhere! Blah.

Cool, Abigail. I really love their pink shades.

The only thing, for me, was that the lighter shades didn't show up at all - was very hard for them to show. Mostly the yellow colors. I never tried all the colors but the yellows ticked me off using them.

But the greens, blues, purples, pinks and browns did show up very well.

I might re-order one since I sold my old one to my friend. Haha. Might.

I have ordered 2 times now from CS and waiting on my 3rd order. I only ordered brushes,but the first time,one brush was in bad condition and I wrote to them and they are sending me a new one free with my order. I had nothing but good expereince with their customer service.

They have it here for $40 Ruby Cosmetics

I've seen them for $20 though and that is what my friend paid for it from their cart at the mall...

I've also ordered three times from Coastal Scents and everything was fine! I don't know why they said they'd sue... maybe it was the way the customer expressed their complaint, who knows. I only have good experiences with them.

I wish they'll stock the palette again because I want it so badly!! So many beautiful colours for only 20 dollars. (I love buying with dollars, it makes everything a lot cheaper for me.
biggrin.gif
)

Originally Posted by kerasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've also ordered three times from Coastal Scents and everything was fine! I don't know why they said they'd sue... maybe it was the way the customer expressed their complaint, who knows. I only have good experiences with them.
I wish they'll stock the palette again because I want it so badly!! So many beautiful colours for only 20 dollars. (I love buying with dollars, it makes everything a lot cheaper for me.
biggrin.gif
)

She shared her experience here and the rep flipped out on her. Even though I would love to try the palette, especially for 20 bucks, I refuse to buy from CS because of that one transaction.

I saw this over at Faith-Abigail's stash page and have been wanting one since! I first saw it over at Overstock...but that price was killing me!! So far I like the prices you guys posted!!

Originally Posted by KatJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif She shared her experience here and the rep flipped out on her. Even though I would love to try the palette, especially for 20 bucks, I refuse to buy from CS because of that one transaction. Well, okay, everyone is entitled to their own, but I usually refuse to base my decisions on someone else's experience, considering I don't know what exactly was said from both sides. Of course, if it were someone I trust blindedly, I might have been thinking like you. But to deny myself of a perfectly good product in a wonderful price like that just because of one random--to me--person's negative experience seems a bit too much.
I don't want to offend anyone, though, it might be a good friend of yours and this is why you were affected from it. I don't really know what happened anyway, I'm just voicing an opinion.
smile.gif

Back