FabFitFun VIP Fall 2014 *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today and I am very happy overall! 

Jessie Steele Apron:  I had my fingers crossed for the hot/pink gold apron, but received the black and white one.  It is actually really cute and I'm very happy overall.

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster and Chi 44 Iron Guard:  So excited to try these!  For some reason I haven't tried either of these brands yet (other than my chi ceramic irons), so I can't wait!

Beauty for Real True Color Lip Cream in Always There:  This is by far the coolest lipstick/lipgloss packaging I've ever seen - the light is so awesome!  I also really like the color, but the formula feels a little drying.

LaNatura Travel Size Body Butter:  Smells awesome and feels great on my feet!

Gramr Gratitude Cards, Wax and Wax Press:  Awesome!  The cards are cute and I love the wax seal!  Someone brought me a monogram wax press from Colonial Williamsburg a long time ago and I lost the wax stick years ago - now I'll be able to swap it out with the "THX" press.

Great Soles Pink Ribbon Ballet Barre Ped:  Adorable and very useful!  I love these and will probably order more.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mary's Gone Crackers and Numi Organic Tea:  Both were delish!  Love!

The Honest Co. Hydrating Shea Butter Cleansing Bar:  I was excited about this, but am not digging the Juniper/Sage scent at all - too masculine for me.  I passed it on to my 18 yo son who absolutely loves it!

FitFusion 3 Mo Digital Subscription:  I probably need this, but honestly will probably forget to use it...

In all, this was fantastic for my first FFF experience! 

Still no shipping email for me! Hoping it just shows up. Frustrating though since I just moved and have no way of knowing if they got my address right!

East coast here as well. And my last update was also Sept 27th at 7:10 am. It says my my delivery is Friday, but it usually shows up two days earlier than estimated. Either way, I am looking forward to it showing up this week. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The other day I was optimistic about my package, but today I am sad. I have gotten every FedEx smart post package 2 days before the expected delivery date, which would be today. But I still have no update since the 27th at 7:10 am. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, box in my hands and I have to say I am much happier with it in person. So much better then Popsugar boxes as well.

The apron I got the light pink with gray trim, color I wanted.. so that was amazing.

Chi spray I will use, so a hit.

Lip gloss got Always there color and I actually like the color but adore the light and mirror.

Cards are pretty and actually send able with Thanksgiving coming up. The wax set is cute, gonna look for a different stamper thing though. Again a hit.

Soap, I actually got a scent a love which is Lavender, so very happy with it.

Body butter, also a good scent, superfruit, so I will be using.

Socks, meh but will use them as slipper like for around the house.

Dermologica. . HIT :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The code for fitness videos, I will try to use. I need to use it so it's somewhat of an inspiration to get moving lol

Basically, I will use everything in this box so that makes it a great box for me. Honestly did not think I would like it based on spoilers but once I had it in my hands? Different story lol

I got my box!!

I love everything in it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The soap I received was in orange vanilla which smells soooo good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The cards are super cute and I need to think of ways to use them!!!!

I got the apron in brown, which I am disappointed by - but it's still a cute apron. I wore it to make spaghetti tonight and my husband seemed to like it too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And the CHI spray smells very good  - it has a guyish cologne sent that I think smells great.

I was surprised by how many coupon codes we got! Maybe I'll get another apron :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box today & I actually love everything!! I think for the $$$, it's one of the best subscription boxes out there. Great value & a great introduction to some new brands/products. I got the light pink apron with white polka dots & grey trimmed pockets-- super cute, I love it!

Got it today

Light pink/white apron and avocado scent for the tin lotion. The lipstick is also really dark. I will use the heat spray and the cards though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my box today too! :-D My apron is white with black dots and a bow on the pocket - I love it! I may have to get my sister one for Christmas with the code,cuz she will be super jealous when she sees it.

Got the soap in lavender and the body butter in superfruit. The tea is Jasmine green and I'm excited to taste it! This box was a complete win for me - I was already looking forward to the socks and cards, plus the sealing wax! I'll definitely try out the dermalogica and chi and the crackers; the only iffy item for me is the soap, and that's only because lavender sometimes gives a headache :-/

So happy with this!! LOVE!!!

I got my box yesterday and I was very happy with all of it.

My variations were:

Apron-Pink and White

Body Butter-Avacado

Honest Soap-Lavender

Tea-Jasmine Green

Lip Gloss-Always There

I can't wait to use everything.

Oh, I forgot to note above that my lip color was also 'Always There'.  Are there variations on color?  I don't remember seeing anyone post a color other than that, but I could be wrong.

I also feel like we got a LOT of coupon/discount codes, as @gorskigirl mentioned above, which is actually fantastic for anyone wanting to start holiday shopping.  (I procrastinate this until at least black Friday usually, but maybe it'll give me a push  - lol).

Did anyone else receive the Green Tea body butter? Mine arrived was only about 1/3rd full, and it's lined with these black specks (which aren't blended in) so it looks like mold growth. Did anyone else see this in theirs? 

My green tea body butter wasn't like that. I would contact them.
Thank you! At first I thought it might be ground tea leaves, but it was only along the edges, so I thought something was probably wrong with it. 

I'll send them an email.

(I'm just curious, did your body butter arrive more full? Or was it only about 1/4th to 1/3rd full)

I didn't get the same green tea version (got avocado) but mine was barely a quarter full. That's because all the oil had leaked out all over the box (thankfully the apron was in plastic), leaving just the solid lotion behind. I hadn't gotten a response to my multiple emails and help requests when I was charged full price for what should have been a free box from a bunch of referrals, so I didn't even bother trying for a replacement. They finally responded to me, after 19 days, and gave me a random $30 refund. Since I'm prepping for a trial now, I don't have the energy to fight it and am calling it good. I love my boxes every quarter but really don't like the fact that CS isn't great unless you have time to call. So if you so decide to seek a replacement (your oil might have leaked out too; it was hard to see on the packaging at first but the smell gave it away, especially since it was all over the supposed to be pine scented soap, lol), I recommend calling versus sending an email or using their internal messaging system.

Thank you! At first I thought it might be ground tea leaves, but it was only along the edges, so I thought something was probably wrong with it. 

I'll send them an email.

(I'm just curious, did your body butter arrive more full? Or was it only about 1/4th to 1/3rd full)

I didn't get the same green tea version (got avocado) but mine was barely a quarter full. That's because all the oil had leaked out all over the box (thankfully the apron was in plastic), leaving just the solid lotion behind. I hadn't gotten a response to my multiple emails and help requests when I was charged full price for what should have been a free box from a bunch of referrals, so I didn't even bother trying for a replacement. They finally responded to me, after 19 days, and gave me a random $30 refund. Since I'm prepping for a trial now, I don't have the energy to fight it and am calling it good. I love my boxes every quarter but really don't like the fact that CS isn't great unless you have time to call. So if you so decide to seek a replacement (your oil might have leaked out too; it was hard to see on the packaging at first but the smell gave it away, especially since it was all over the supposed to be pine scented soap, lol), I recommend calling versus sending an email or using their internal messaging system.
Thank you! I did email them but with yesterday being a holiday I figured I'd hear from them today, if I don't I may give them a call. It was one of the products I purchased the box for.

That could explain it, because mine had a really weird consistency. I think it may have leaked out before it was shipped to me, and it has a weird clumpy, dry consistency. I'm just thankful I didn't have oil leakage everywhere.

$30 refund for a $50 box? That's a bit ridiculous. Is their customer service notoriously bad? The only time I can get any help is if it involves me ordering a box or signing up for an account. 

If you're able to call, their customer service by phone is good, albeit a bit of a wait at times. I'm on the west coast and the time difference makes it really difficult for me to call during their CS hours. Their online and email support is nonexistent. It really did take over 3 weeks to get a response and that's only because I kept messaging and emailing (and sending PMs via FaceBook). It definitely sounds like the oil was gone from your lotion. Mine was almost like a putty consistency. It's definitely worth calling about if that product was a deciding factor in ordering the box. I can't say how good they are about replacing things but I imagine you'll get progress faster by calling. The original reason I contacted their help center was because the site isn't optimized for iPads and for a long time (and now intermittently) iPad users can't access their accounts due to not being able to log in. It's a pain having to dig out my netbook just to use their site. It feels like CS has slipped way down since they parted ways with Guiliana Rancic. Not sure if there was a corporate buyout or what but it's just felt different the last 2 boxes all around. I still don't know whether I got credited for the referrals (there were 3 that last time I saw my account) or if they somehow partially applied them and gave me a partial refund (they better now have!). If I can ever see it and verify I will hang on for a free box in Dec. Otherwise I think I'm done. :-(

Thank you! I did email them but with yesterday being a holiday I figured I'd hear from them today, if I don't I may give them a call. It was one of the products I purchased the box for.

That could explain it, because mine had a really weird consistency. I think it may have leaked out before it was shipped to me, and it has a weird clumpy, dry consistency. I'm just thankful I didn't have oil leakage everywhere.

$30 refund for a $50 box? That's a bit ridiculous. Is their customer service notoriously bad? The only time I can get any help is if it involves me ordering a box or signing up for an account.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in... BUT, I received the apron in light pink with white polka dots and I would really like to trade for the white with black polka dots. Anyone want to trade??? Let me know!

Back