Facial Cleanser or Soap?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a bar soap, but it is a handcrafted one. Since using that soap my skin looks so much better and cleaner.

I use a natural bar soap, right now it's shea butter. My skin looks so much better than when I was using liquid cleansers with like a million ingredients.

cleanser! hate using soap... the soap is usually difficult to handle due to my butter fingers.

definately facial cleanser, cos i think soap bars are not as sanitary cos ur hands r dirty when u use it so its harvested with germs and bacteria, and even tho, u put it in a soap dish, its still dirty

cleansers in a bottle/tube is much better

I like facial cleansers because soap tends to really dry my face out. When I was younger I uses to just use really hot water and moisterize good afterwards, it was actually when my skin was the healthiest.

I've just always used cleanser and never really thought about using soap. Soap in general - like hand/body soap from the supermarket - just always seemed too harsh, although some cleansers are probably more harsh than soap! I'm thinking Clearasil, some Neutrogena ones etc.

But heaps of people swear by Dove beauty bar or baby soap, and I'd like to try a goat's milk soap at some stage - meant to be really 'pure' and gentle. That's after I get through trying every possible combination for OCM!! I still use a teensy bit of cleanser after OCM though coz I'm scared of breakouts.

I started using the Dove beauty bar about a month ago, and ever since my skin has been absolutely great. I used to try every cleanser I could find, but nothing works as well as Dove.

I use a 100% organics soap bar too! its helps my skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only use it in the evening to wash all the makeup of.

If its ordinary soap...like what you bathe with....nope i won't use it on my face cuz i once heard that soaps are generally made from oil...which can clog your pores...then there is the fragrances and colors and whatever else it has.

If its soap specially made to use on your face yes i'll use it.

But haven't come across any that i'm willing to try so i'll stick to my facial cleanser.

definitely facial cleanser. my face is dry already. using soap would be dangerous. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

when i hear soap, i never associated it with the face. weird as it sounds.

Back