Facial hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had my consulation yesterday, and they also did a patch test on my underarm area as this is what i want treated.

They have a laser - think it's called N Yag - and it's specifically for darker skintones. The lady i spoke to said that they had had good results with this.

I also told her that i wanted to do my face, but she advised me against it. Reason being is that the hair on my face is fine and fluffy (!!) and the laser may make it grow back thicker.

Pauline - as far as pain goes, it was like tiny pin pricks in the skin. But if you find the pain unbearable, they offer an anesthetic cream that you have to apply 1 hour before the treatment, and it costs extra.

For the underarms, it is roughly £65. They say that you should see visible reduction in 6 treatments. If not, then all further treatments are free - but this is only if hair has not reduced rapidly. Other than that, they offer a maintenance system for the occasional hairs, and this is half of the full price - so about £30.

However, this is just for the Bare Necessity clinics. I'm sure it's different for all the clinics.

Hope this info was useful!

Originally Posted by Bhav Well, I had my consulation yesterday, and they also did a patch test on my underarm area as this is what i want treated.They have a laser - think it's called N Yag - and it's specifically for darker skintones. The lady i spoke to said that they had had good results with this.

I also told her that i wanted to do my face, but she advised me against it. Reason being is that the hair on my face is fine and fluffy (!!) and the laser may make it grow back thicker.

Pauline - as far as pain goes, it was like tiny pin pricks in the skin. But if you find the pain unbearable, they offer an anesthetic cream that you have to apply 1 hour before the treatment, and it costs extra.

For the underarms, it is roughly £65. They say that you should see visible reduction in 6 treatments. If not, then all further treatments are free - but this is only if hair has not reduced rapidly. Other than that, they offer a maintenance system for the occasional hairs, and this is half of the full price - so about £30.

However, this is just for the Bare Necessity clinics. I'm sure it's different for all the clinics.

WOW Bhav, that's excellant you had your first consultation,i bet you're pleased! I was surprised to learn that there was was some pain/sensation inolved (that's good to know) but i was surprised that the anesthetic cream costs extra, surely they should include that with your treatment.

Do you think that one can get laser treatment on the upper lip area? I have quite dark hair and would love to get it zapped, even if there is pain inviolved. You mentioned you got your underarms done, i would like that too as i find waxing and sugaring very painful, especially under the arms! ouch!!! I must check out the Bare Necessity Clinics and learn more about the laser they use.

Thanks for all that helpful informative info. When are you going back for another treatment? Good Luck Bhav, and ime seriously thinking of taking the plunge as i worry about when i get older and the hair will get coarser.I would love to get my bikini area done as well saves all that hasstle of waxing etc!!

Please tell me when you get your next course of treatment, i'me happy for you!

Originally Posted by Bhav Well, I had my consulation yesterday, and they also did a patch test on my underarm area as this is what i want treated.They have a laser - think it's called N Yag - and it's specifically for darker skintones. The lady i spoke to said that they had had good results with this.

WOW Bhav, that's excellant you had your first consultation,i bet you're pleased! I was surprised to learn that there was was some pain/sensation inolved (that's good to know) but i was surprised that the anesthetic cream costs extra, surely they should include that with your treatment.

Do you think that one can get laser treatment on the upper lip area? I have quite dark hair and would love to get it zapped, even if there is pain inviolved. You mentioned you got your underarms done, i would like that too as i find waxing and sugaring very painful, especially under the arms! ouch!!! I must check out the Bare Necessity Clinics and learn more about the laser they use.

Thanks for all that helpful informative info. When are you going back for another treatment? Good Luck Bhav, and ime seriously thinking of taking the plunge as i worry about when i get older and the hair will get coarser.I would love to get my bikini area done as well saves all that hasstle of waxing etc!!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Pauline Do you think that one can get laser treatment on the upper lip area? I have quite dark hair and would love to get it zapped, even if there is pain inviolved. Yeah, there's pain involved allright! The technician warned me before doing my upper lip, that it's one of the most painful spots. And it was...it was "gasp-inducing" but only for that one split second. Especially right in the center of the upper lip. OWWW! But, my upper lip has stayed hair-free longer than any most other areas of my face. The spot that the hair never grew back was between my eyebrows. HTH!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Yeah, there's pain involved allright! The technician warned me before doing my upper lip, that it's one of the most painful spots. And it was...it was "gasp-inducing" but only for that one split second. Especially right in the center of the upper lip. OWWW! But, my upper lip has stayed hair-free longer than any most other areas of my face. The spot that the hair never grew back was between my eyebrows. HTH!
icon_smile.gif
Hi Glamslam, wow it's good you managed to endure the pain! At least i know to expect PAIN!Thanks for sharing that with us.

Originally Posted by Pauline WOW Bhav, that's excellant you had your first consultation,i bet you're pleased! I was surprised to learn that there was was some pain/sensation inolved (that's good to know) but i was surprised that the anesthetic cream costs extra, surely they should include that with your treatment.Do you think that one can get laser treatment on the upper lip area? I have quite dark hair and would love to get it zapped, even if there is pain inviolved. You mentioned you got your underarms done, i would like that too as i find waxing and sugaring very painful, especially under the arms! ouch!!! I must check out the Bare Necessity Clinics and learn more about the laser they use.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

No problems, glad to share the info. I hope it was of some use.I think the Bare Necessity clinics might just be in London, but i'm not too sure.

I have to make an appointment for my first proper treatment, i haven't had the chance to make it yet, but i must!

As Glamslam said, getting the upper lip done should be no problem. I think you can get laser done anywhere where there is hair! As long as it's the right tyoe of hair - mine couldn't be done as it was too light and fluffy (ew, sounds horrid)!!

Let us know what you end up doing.

thanks bhav - great info. let us know how the patch test goes.

Originally Posted by monniej thanks bhav - great info. let us know how the patch test goes. Patch test seemed fine. Have to book myself in for my first treatment now!

thanks bhav. i know this may be kind of weird to ask, but what does it look like - any redness or indications that you could have scabbing? i'm so afraid that the process will leave me with hyperpigmentation spots that will take months to even out.

Originally Posted by Bhav Patch test seemed fine. Have to book myself in for my first treatment now!

Originally Posted by monniej thanks bhav. i know this may be kind of weird to ask, but what does it look like - any redness or indications that you could have scabbing? i'm so afraid that the process will leave me with hyperpigmentation spots that will take months to even out. It's not a weird question!It looks fine. There is no redness or anything like that.

But i have only had a tiny area treated. I think i'd have a better idea once the whole area was done. Hopefully that should be in the next week or so. Once i have had this, i will report back.

Another option that works just like laser treatment, is pulselight it's just like the laser in the way that you will probably need about 4-6 treatments and is quite permanent BUT it's not painful what so ever.

that sounds great sarah. tell us more!

Originally Posted by Sarah84 Another option that works just like laser treatment, is pulselight it's just like the laser in the way that you will probably need about 4-6 treatments and is quite permanent BUT it's not painful what so ever.

I'll try and find some more information on it for you's, I used to work in a cosmetic clinic that did it so that's how I know about it.

Originally Posted by Sarah84 I'll try and find some more information on it for you's, I used to work in a cosmetic clinic that did it so that's how I know about it. Is this ok for darker skin tones?

Originally Posted by Bhav Is this ok for darker skin tones? yes but depending how darker the skin is, you may need a few extra sessions as they have to set the strength of the pulse light at a lower rate, so it doesn't burn you.

wow, i picked up alot of info here.

does anyone have any good recommendations of places to get laser hair removal done in NYC?

also how long do you have to let the hair grow before going in for the procedure? I use a basic razor to get rid of it every morning (I grow hair in the area between my chin and neck) and i grow back thick sharp stubble every morining (as expected from shaving). I hate the way it feels so I don't wanna leave the area unshaved for long.

I had a consultation with a doctor on the upper east side (nyc) last year about laser treatment for my legs and bikini area. He said it would take a few sessions and I could not wax in-between appts, only shave. He also said they offer some sort of pain cream/gel to apply beforehand if my pain tolerance was low. I think it was around the same time that girl died from wrapping herself with the plastic wrap before her appt so I kind of lost interest for a while. Of course I also must have chosen the most expensive place, because the price was more than I was willing to pay. I'm still searching for an affordable and reputable place to go, but it's definitely something I will get done.

Anyone know of a site where we can look doctor's up?

oh so I can come in with the hair completely shaven off and still the laser treatment will work? like I don't need it grown out? so i guess it works on the roots? sorry i'm not sure if I understood correctly,
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia Anyone know of a site where we can look doctor's up?

I'll try looking
icon_wink.gif

Dermaplaning is another painless option for removing facial hair but it does grow back. I didn't think I had that much facial hair but after having it done I could definitely tell a difference in how much smoother my makeup went on. I need to have it done again.

Back