False eyelashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 pairs in my drawer at home but I've not worn any for ages. I must remember next time I go out that they're in there.

I can do them fine on other people, as I got shown how to do it at college, but I'm not so good at doing my own. I bought the ardell lash applicator, which is supposed to make application easier, but haven't got around to trying it out yet.

For you uk people, I found this site as well, I got some ace purple lashes from it (also where I got the lash applicator thingy from) ....

Eye Beauty

Some of the newer mascaras are so good.. false eyelashes are nice for special occasions. the rest of the time, if you have a good mascara, you should be able to build up a nice long lash.

I'd love to try them. I would get the single ones i think. I have tried the full ones and they are a bit over whelming.

I wore some for the first time on Saturday to a Halloween party & I fell in love. I might have to start wearing them more!

I just learned how to apply them and I've been wearing them almost everyday since. I love the look!

Self-Adhesive Eyelashes

I've had a makeover where false eyelashes were applied. They looked great. Revlon has self-adhesive eyelashes billed as easily applied without glue. Has anyone had experience with them? __________________

When I have a lot of time or have a special occasion, I will definitely put on some false lashes. It changes your whole face, in my opinion. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a good friend who sells the lash enhancer. I love it!! Makes a great substitute for false lashes because you can build them as long as you want. You can find it at overallbeauty.com

In an effort to appear as absolutely feminine in every respect, I wear strip lashes daily. I have tried both the clump lashes and the semi-permanent individuals professionally applied. None of them lasted more than 3 days without becoming funky.

I apply strip lashes daily using the standard latex based adhesive. I trim the ends of the strip at the shorter end to fit my eyelid length and use tweezers to apply the inner end first, press it into place and using an orangewood or birch manicure stick, I gently place the rest of the lash where I want it to fit. Wait ( the most difficult part) a few seconds for the water to evaporate from the latex, and release pressure on the lashes.

If I got them on right all I can feel is the extra weight. If not, they cause my eyes to water and sometimse the stiff strip that the lashes are tied around will irritate the inner corner of my eye.

You can click on the thumbnails below to enlarge the image

I wear them every day.  It is hard not to since they improve my appearance!  I try to wear natural ones like the Ardell Invisibands (Demi Wispies, Wispies, Demure, and Fairies) so that it isn't super obvious that they're fake!  

I absolutely LOVE fake lashes! Unfortunately, I am a poor student and must buy the sets of 10 on ebay for cheap because I go through them so fast...they work though! When I have some extra cash I buy Salon Perfect lashes, they rock!

Also, I don't use Duo adhesive anymore. It just didn't dry fast enough for me, I don't have 3 minutes to spare just sitting around waiting for glue to dry! I use the Revlon lash adhesive which works sooooooooooo much better for me!! I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'm one of the ones who do, and I couldn't do my makeup without it!

Originally Posted by CandyLipstick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely LOVE fake lashes! Unfortunately, I am a poor student and must buy the sets of 10 on ebay for cheap because I go through them so fast...they work though! When I have some extra cash I buy Salon Perfect lashes, they rock!

Also, I don't use Duo adhesive anymore. It just didn't dry fast enough for me, I don't have 3 minutes to spare just sitting around waiting for glue to dry! I use the Revlon lash adhesive which works sooooooooooo much better for me!! I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'm one of the ones who do, and I couldn't do my makeup without it!
I used to buy from Ebay also but they are inconsistent, some times I would order the same style & receive something completely different, not to mention the sellers from Asia, you don't realize that they are from Asia until after you buy & have to wait weeks to get them.  My MUA referred me to Model 21 Eyelashes, you can get 10 pairs for $8 from their website. Pretty good quality for the price, can't beat it.  Red Cherry used to be $1 a pair but they are $2.50 now, bummer.

I have tried many different lashes but the ones I fell in love with were from a company called Kissed Lashes I wear the natural ones in the day and the flirty ones when I go out. I like them because there really comfortable and easy to apply. They also include glue which is fab and they stayed on all day!

Does anyone have any recommendations for natural looking falsies? I love the look of them, but they always look so dramatic so I don't wear them very often. I would love to find some shorter ones to wear on a regular basis.

I forgot to mention, I wear falsies just about every time I wear makeup. They add sensuality to every look, IMO, and I don't mind putting in a little extra time to add that hint of glamor!

Also, I've become very addicted to Salon Perfect brand lashes, they just work so well and come in so many different styles! Love them!! ^__^

I feel naked without my fake lashes... Before completing makeup school I had a hard time applying them, this is why I made a tutorial explaining how I apply them on myself in a few very simple step. I have very short and sparse lashes so without them my eyes looks strange and tired. Fake lashes really do complete my entire makeup look, even on a daily base. 

Back