Favorite feminine products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone that uses pads have the problem of constantly staining themselves or having leaks while they are sleeping?

The times where I did wear a pad to bed I 80% of the time had some type of leak. Is it just a me thing or is this common?

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone that uses pads have the problem of constantly staining themselves or having leaks while they are sleeping?
The times where I did wear a pad to bed I 80% of the time had some type of leak. Is it just a me thing or is this common?

Not the large pads made for nights. Not me anyway. Always Night Ultra with Wings is my very good friend.
Always UK : Always Products - Always Ultra - Ultra Night

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone that uses pads have the problem of constantly staining themselves or having leaks while they are sleeping?

Which pads are you using at night? I use the super/overnight pads while sleeping. Do you sleep while lying on your back or stomach? Depending on which way you sleep you can also shimmy the pad further in that direction to provide more leak protection.

I totally have that problem, whether I wear the super heavy duty pads or the overnight ones!!! I always leak. So now, I'm having to wear a tampon/pad combo. It sucks but it works.

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Which pads are you using at night? I use the super/overnight pads while sleeping. Do you sleep while lying on your back or stomach? Depending on which way you sleep you can also shimmy the pad further in that direction to provide more leak protection. I have used the orange overnight pads on some nights. I have really heavy periods, they last for 1 week and are super heavy on the second and third day. I sleep on left side, in an embryo position. I think that may be the issue, I move around a lot too. As crazy as this sounds, one time when I was in 8th grade I think, I made a stain so bad on my bed, my mom had to throw out my top mattress. I actually sleep with a towel underneath me and wear period only undies, because I leak so much.

Have you tried an IUD that helps you with the heavy flow?

Home Page

I had this inserted because after my 2nd baby, I bled like a murder victim (graphic). If I sneezed the wrong way, I would gush even if I had a tampon and pad (not exaggerating). I had some terrible accidents the year after she was born. I had to wear long shirts during my period to hide any accidents because they happened almost every period. A friend told me they got this and it helped them so I did too. It helped the very heavy flow problem because I didn't have any more accidents.

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a menstrual cup which has worked fabulous for me and cloth panty liners.
biggrin.gif
Never used a cup before, but have seen ads in magazines for them. Would you recommend it?

i've never had that problem. i wear the same pads at night as i do during the day. i guess my flow isn't that heavy, i'm on the pill so it tends to be quite light. my only night time problem is cramps that wake me up.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KeLLsTar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Never used a cup before, but have seen ads in magazines for them. Would you recommend it? I would. It's the product that works the best for me. Tampons and pads would always leak and irritate my skin. I will admit that cleanup with a cup can be a bit interesting. What works for me is that taking a shower in the morning and before bed and dealing with it there.

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would. It's the product that works the best for me. Tampons and pads would always leak and irritate my skin. I will admit that cleanup with a cup can be a bit interesting. What works for me is that taking a shower in the morning and before bed and dealing with it there. Thanks xjackie83! Ok, maybe an ikky question for some but I'm curious... how full does it get?

Originally Posted by KeLLsTar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks xjackie83! Ok, maybe an ikky question for some but I'm curious... how full does it get? It's different for everyone. Just like some people can get away with wearing a tampon for 6 hours and others have to change it every 2.

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif whats an o.b tampon?
all tampons really make me cringe. i tried to use them when i was younger and first started my periods, and just the sensation of putting dry (i know it gets wet eventually) cotton up there makes me shudder. i can't stand the idea of them.

i use always pads, over here we have some with silk in, they're really comfortable and light and you can just forget you're wearing them. i don't mind the ooze feeling. you get used to it.

O.B. is a brand of tampons. They are without an applicator- they look like little bullets.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif O.B. is a brand of tampons. They are without an applicator- they look like little bullets. LOL. They do like like little bullets! I don't really like them, I think I put one in one time and my body pushed it out, it was so weird!

I use pads, never could use tampons. I like the brand Vania, i used to loose a lot of blood, to the point i'd wear night pads during the day, and it's the only brand i know won't leak. They also feel comfortable.

I'm waiting on a Ladycup right now but in the meanwhile I've always used Tampax Pearl tampons.

I like Always pads, ones with wings. They have long or overnight pads which are good for night time, heavier flow.

Pads made now are much better compared to when I was in Junior High. Back then it felt like you were sitting on a brick, lol.

when i first had my period all i wore was pads but i always hated it and i tried to use tampons but it hurt when i put it in. i only started using tampons when i lost my virginty and omgosh thank u for tampons!! i honestly use to get rashes and pads just irritated me. and i know how u feel when u sleep and it stains the underwear! it happened to me a lot and i remember i would force myself sleeping in a certain position lol

tampax pearl should not be made anymore. im sorry but they suck so pad. i use playtex sport and they work great for me. i also use pantiliners cuz the first two days i have a heavy flow. i mean i have to use super! it sucks
frown.gif
i dont worry about leaving my tampon in if i oversleep cuz i always have to wake up to go pee( before 8 hrs of sleep) and even tho im super tired, i always change it.

Always Infinity pads are the best pads I've come across. I also noticed Tampax Pearl leak when they're not full...which is an awful shame because they have the best applicator.

Back