Favorite Lip balm!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand new HG for me in this category: Blistex Lip Infusion! (Cherry Splash flavor - yum!) Ever wondered why it seems we get addicted to lip balm? Well, the beauty brains explained it here - it's that the petrolatum that's in nearly every balm and gloss creates a barrier between lips and the environment so moisture stays sealed in. Good, right? Well the problem is that this barrier also prevents the natural exfoliation process, which is the signal for your lips to release more moisture. So when the balm goes away, you have dry lips with a bunch of built-up dead skin, and they obviously feel very unmoisturized, so you put the balm back on! And the cycles starts all over...

I actually never had a problem with dry lips until after I started using lip balm! So I was wondering if there was a liquid, oil-based lip treatment, so that the moisture could soak in, but still let the lips breathe and do their own natural exfoliation & moisture production. Well, I was thinking this on my way to Ulta for something completely different, and didn't even try to look at lip products, figuring I'd have to do some online research, when lo and behold, what did I see? My new HG! It's like those old Tinkerbell lip glosses from when I was a little girl - you know, so super liquidy that it has one of those roller balls for application. Only unlike the Tinkerbell ones, this roller ball actually rolls VERY smoothly, always has product on it, and never gets stuck! And the stuff really works!! No waxiness, great moisture, even better flavor! (I could go through this like candy, lol.) Plus, it has SPF15! What more could a girl ask for???

InfusionCherry.jpg

Chapstick is a winner in my book. I also like Philosophy's lip balm, but not as much as good ol' chapstick.

Originally Posted by tigrisjasmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif Brand new HG for me in this category: Blistex Lip Infusion! (Cherry Splash flavor - yum!) Ever wondered why it seems we get addicted to lip balm? Well, the beauty brains explained it here - it's that the petrolatum that's in nearly every balm and gloss creates a barrier between lips and the environment so moisture stays sealed in. Good, right? Well the problem is that this barrier also prevents the natural exfoliation process, which is the signal for your lips to release more moisture. So when the balm goes away, you have dry lips with a bunch of built-up dead skin, and they obviously feel very unmoisturized, so you put the balm back on! And the cycles starts all over...
I actually never had a problem with dry lips until after I started using lip balm! So I was wondering if there was a liquid, oil-based lip treatment, so that the moisture could soak in, but still let the lips breathe and do their own natural exfoliation & moisture production. Well, I was thinking this on my way to Ulta for something completely different, and didn't even try to look at lip products, figuring I'd have to do some online research, when lo and behold, what did I see? My new HG! It's like those old Tinkerbell lip glosses from when I was a little girl - you know, so super liquidy that it has one of those roller balls for application. Only unlike the Tinkerbell ones, this roller ball actually rolls VERY smoothly, always has product on it, and never gets stuck! And the stuff really works!! No waxiness, great moisture, even better flavor! (I could go through this like candy, lol.) Plus, it has SPF15! What more could a girl ask for???

http://blistex.com/images/Infusion_C...sionCherry.jpg

i have this
hate the feel and the taste

i'm always on the look out for new blams...

Blistex finally made it to our shores and I'm thinking of trying it! I've only found 3 variants: Blistex DMT SPF20 (in the beige pot), Blistex Lip Tone and a third one, like Lip Tone but in blue packaging (the name escapes me). Could someone please tell me if these are any good? Thanks!

Back