Fluidline/Smudgepots - worth it for beginners?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just tried fluidline and it's one product from MAC that i totally love!

i find fluidline very to use! and smudge-free too so it's cool.

I don't know if you are willing to buy online, but the company Milan Minerals makes and sells gel liners for $10. They work just as well as the higher-end brands' and they come in a variety of colors.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Kissmydress, I might check out Milan Minerals. Sounds like a good deal!

Does anyone know, is Penny from Milan Minerals about the same colour as MAC Rich Ground?

Yes I do believe that Milan's Penny is very close to Rich Ground in color. That's like a deep copper? Then yes.

Well, I had never actually seen anyone use a Fluidline until yesterday. I watched my bestest put it on and it looked super-easy.

Fluidlines are definitely worth the money. I rarely use my pencil eyeliners anymore. Someone else mentioned they liked the Avon gel eyeliners,which are cheaper, so they may be worth looking into. I plan on checking them out.

Yes, it's so worth it! I always used pencil, but fluidline is so easy. It will last you forever definetely a year or longer!

Yes! I found that it works best with Loew Cornell 7400 Angular 1/8 brush (LaCorneille Golden Taklon). For 7.99, you can't beat the price and precision!

me and my friend bought christmas presents for eachother but never exchanged them so now i have her mac gift card n im gona buy a fluidline im excitedddd yeyyyyy

well if your concerned about shelling out cash try some of the smudge pots from hot topic they work the same as fluidline.

In my opinion there is a difference between fluidline and liquid. Liquid is harder to apply in my opinion and fluid line i can do while in in the car.

Fluidlines are definetly worth every penny... I used to use pencil and liquidliner before but fluidlines glide on like a dream! I would suggest practicing with the avon one like everyone is mentioning, also you might want to consider buying a cheap ds liquid liner to just get used to having a very steady hand (which is a key to lining with fluidlines). If you do go with a fluidline absolutely make sure you have a good lining brush and that you wash your brush right after lining (otherwise the liner will harden and turn crusty on your brush)

From my experience you can soften fluidlines or make them dramatic like a liquidliner, also with liquidliners you have to wait for the liner to dry before closing your lid whereas fluidlines dry almost instantly. As an added bonus I have seen others use fluidlines as bases for shadows. The consistency is different too as well as the application technique. Minor differences but makes putting on mu (at least for me) easier. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I adore gel eyeliners. they are the best creation every and if you put a little shadow over it, it won't smudge as easily.

I love my gel liner. I use it with a small angled brush and it is great. I tried a liner brush and had it everywhere.

i have fuidline and i loce it i appl it with a really thin liner brush make sure you close the cap or it can dry out real fast! i hope u find what u r looking for

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just got a fluidline in Dipdown yesterday. I was so disappointed when it got here because it's so small for $15.00, but it was so worth it! Aside from UDPP, the best $15 I ever spent.

i tried fluidline, but i still prefer bobbi brown's gel eyeliner. i use it with the bobbi brown ultra fine eyeliner brush, and one pot lasts me for about 6 months with everyday application, so i think it's worth it!

Back