For our Aussie friends: what is vegemite

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif It sounds so interesting! I totally want to try it now! LOL April, if you would like I'll be happy to send you some.

While looking at You Tube for the old commercial, I had to have a laugh at this YT clip. (umm no it tastes nothing like axle grease)

Bec is right, Vegemite is almost a national icon lol All this Vegemite talk had me have some on my toast this morning too
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Anthea /img/forum/go_quote.gif April, if you would like I'll be happy to send you some.

While looking at You Tube for the old commercial, I had to have a laugh at this YT clip. (umm no it tastes nothing like axle grease)

y6GCmpxo1JM

Bec is right, Vegemite is almost a national icon lol All this Vegemite talk had me have some on my toast this morning too
biggrin.gif

Wow, really? That would be so nice of you! Is it very expensive?

tiger toast! hahahha thats made my day!

we have marmite here in the UK, its the same thing i think. i don't like it much really, they market it over here as a thing you either love or hate.

It might not taste great at first.. but you get used to the taste and start to crave vegemite on toast with butter. But make sure you don't spread it like you do with nutella. Spread the whole toast with butter and about a quarter of a teaspoon of vegemite to start off. I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow..

lol, Neeky, that's totally it. You start to crave it. And def. don't use much.

LOL April, no, it's not really that expensive. The jars are tiny so it looks at first like, wow, that's a bit expensive compared to other spreads of the same size jar, but a little jar of vegemite can last AGES. As in, a REALLY long time. So no, it's not expensive, haha!

I'm craving it after reading this too! Haha, us Aussies are so protective, 'don't beat up on our vegemite!'

Bump !!

My usual supermarket has a small aisle with foreign products, and among the few Cadbury treats (which i resisted to buy, round of applause ! LOL) i saw Vegemite ! Ahem, doesn't look very yummy to me, it's just black stuff. I think it's because the first ingredient i saw on the list was yeast, i can't help but think it must taste yucky
yuck.gif

Vegemite on hot buttered toast mmmmm... nummy!

but spread it too thick and you begin to gag.

Timtams is another aussie favourite..

lol mags! you can do it!

Ozee, don't start us on tim tams!! and tim-tams used as coffee straws! LOL

aww but why not!

If they weren't intended to be used as coffee straws they wouldn't of made them with a melting delish silky choco-tastic centre

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif aww but why not!If they weren't intended to be used as coffee straws they wouldn't of made them with a melting delish silky choco-tastic centre

You and I will become wonderful friends lol ignore Rosie, she doesn't like tim tams
tongue.gif
hehe I kid, Rosie is wonderful!

Now im craving timtams badly lol...

Think i'll go make some coconut macroons.....

Back