Fortune Cookie Soap: 2014 Spring Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually enjoyed all of the scents - but my favorites are the Me So Thorny! (I have to purchase a ton of items in this scent.  I love it)  and Native Nectar Body Wash - I am sucker for coconuts.  Make it Rain is also very nice as well.  I love the undertones.

As you can tell, I am more an EVIL person - hahaha.  I love woodsy scents.  

The only scent I didn't like was the body butter. Waaaayy too strong for me!! Absolutely loved the marshmellow scent and the coconut!!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The only scent I didn't like was the body butter. Waaaayy too strong for me!! Absolutely loved the marshmellow scent and the coconut!!! 
Totally agree. I can smell it objectively and know that someone who likes stronger floral scents would really enjoy it, but it's just not for me. I put a tiny bit on the back of my hand to test the lotion itself and I got a headache from how strong the scent was, which doesn't usually happen to me. I loved every other scent, but the cuticle butter, OCD, cookie soap and pink bath bomb smells sooo good.

The collection went live earlier tonight. I caved.

Product SKU Price Quantity Total Discount: $-13.71 Subtotal: $54.83 Shipping (Flat Rate Shipping): $6.75 Total: $61.58 "Sally" Personal Space   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Wax Tart   $2.00 1 $2.00 "Make It Rain" Mist Me? - 6 oz.   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Fortune Cookie Soap - no packaging   $3.69 1 $3.69 "Make It Rain" Roll On Perfume   $7.99 1 $7.99 "Make It Rain" Personal Space - 4.oz   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Body Wash - 6 oz.   $10.99 1 $10.99 "Make It Rain" Bar Soap   $6.95 2 $13.90

@zadidoll, I caved too - lol

I used my 10.00 off coupon - what other type of discount did they have?

Code:
 1x "COLD BUSTER" Steam Me Up Scotty! - set of 3 for $5.99 each 1x "Native Nectar" Don't be Jelly - 5oz for $6.45 each 1x "Me So Thorny" Steam Me Up Scotty! - set of 3 for $5.99 each 2x "Me So Thorny" Wax Tart for $2.00 each 1x "Me So Thorny" Whipped Cream - In Cosmetic Jar 5.0 oz. for $10.99 each 1x "Me So Thorny" Perfume Oil - 1 dram for $5.99 each 1x "Me So Thorny" Body Wash - 6 oz. for $10.99 each

They had a 20% off that they gave during their live event earlier tonight. I know it expires tonight at midnight CST.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They had a 20% off that they gave during their live event earlier tonight. I know it expires tonight at midnight CST.
oh nice.   I will have to remember that next time!   I didn't use my winter $10.00, so I still have my $10 from the spring box.  I love their products, but I have to wait until I want to purchase several items, because I cannot justify 6.75 shipping for just wanting a steam me up scotty!

They will restock in a few weeks...

I read on facebook that they were asking about a monthly vs a quarterly box.  I like the seasons quarterly box - and I hope that they keep it.  If they do a monthly box, it should be 10.00 or something with less products.

They will restock in a few weeks... I read on facebook that they were asking about a monthly vs a quarterly box.  I like the seasons quarterly box - and I hope that they keep it.  If they do a monthly box, it should be 10.00 or something with less products.
Some people in the comments suggested two options- a monthly and a seasonal quarterly. I think it would be a good idea, especially if the monthly boxes were smaller.

I don't know if I could handle a monthly box - I don't use up all of the products (like my OCD) within 3 months! hahaha

Haha that's true! This was my first soap box, and I'm really happy with it. I wouldn't mind a monthly box, but I would prefer a quarterly one.

My daughter & I made a small order last night too:

1x "Rise & Grind" Coffee Scrub for $12.99 each1x "The Bloom Bloom Room" Solid Bubble Bath for $5.50 each1x "Marshmallow Dreams" Fortune Cookie Soap - no packaging for $3.29 each

A few items we wanted sold out while we were filling our cart. Hopefully they will come back in stock soon though. 

Ooh, a monthly $10 box with four different items (like Fortune Cookie soap/sugar scrub/bath fizzy/laundry soap one month, room freshener/face mask/OCD/shower gel the next, bath oil/perfume/lip balm/shower steamer the one after that) each month? I would love that even without a discount code, especially if they put things on a rotation so you would only get one OCD each quarter (I don't even use up one a year, but I do like having a seasonal rotation so I'm not using an autumnal one in July. It just feels *weird* to have autumn scents in the summer!). Also, a tip for those who lose their codes (like me): If you have a smartphone, take a photo of the code! And if possible, email a copy to yourself so you don't accidentally delete it as I apparently did with my winter code. (I also take a picture of my parking space number and floor when I park in a garage as well as a nearby street sign if I'm parking in a neighborhood. I once wandered around a parking garage looking for my car for half an hour. I was in years by the time I finally found my car because it was *well* after the usual you-have-x-minutes-to-leave-the-garage-and-pay window. It was also awesome to use that approach -- parking space and lot designation -- when my family went to Disneyworld a few years ago.) And, yikes, I just looked at the Cuticle Butter. Half an ounce for nine bucks! I think that's the size of the little jar we received!

yes, it was 1/2 ounce.  I confirmed that because my cuticle butter jar was not filled up and was a clear jar (unlike the reviews I saw - all the way filled up in a black jar).  They wrote back to me and told me that they ran out of the 1/2 ounce jars and put mine in a 1 ounce jar, so that is why mine looked like it was only 1/2 full

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, a tip for those who lose their codes (like me): If you have a smartphone, take a photo of the code! And if possible, email a copy to yourself so you don't accidentally delete it as I apparently did with my winter code. (I also take a picture of my parking space number and floor when I park in a garage as well as a nearby street sign if I'm parking in a neighborhood. I once wandered around a parking garage looking for my car for half an hour. I was in years by the time I finally found my car because it was *well* after the usual you-have-x-minutes-to-leave-the-garage-and-pay window. It was also awesome to use that approach -- parking space and lot designation -- when my family went to Disneyworld a few years ago.)

I've done that (take pics) and STILL manage to lose the code! LOL I used one code, I have the current one and one more past one but I'm missing two yellow ones and the one from last quarter... so missing three codes. I know I took pictures but finding those pictures is another thing. I'll have to search my hard drive since I know I didn't email it to myself (brilliant idea).

I am such a geek.  I have an accordian folder that I put all of my beauty box info cards and coupons.   I guess I started doing that in case I wanted to purchase an item that I had used up and forgot what it was as the label had worn off...

I've already informed the mods but wanted to inform the members. I have given permission for the folks from Fortune Cookie Soap to create an account if they want to answer any questions people may have.

Personally... I'm still dying for someone to make strawberry-lemonade beauty products. Yes, I'm still hooked on that. LOL

Back