Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Summer Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only coupon I know of right now is the 5% if you sign up for the email list.  

That's kind of what I was coming here about too.  I noticed on retailmenot.com that, apparently, last year they had a Christmas in July sale for 50% off of everything.  I was just about to place an order today for a couple things, so I can just walk around all day smelling like Polyjuice Potion, but if everything is going to go on sale in a couple weeks, I'll be a little sad that I bought stuff now.  

Did anyone shop with them last year this time?  Should we expect another "Christmas in July" sale?

The only coupon I know of right now is the 5% if you sign up for the email list.  

That's kind of what I was coming here about too.  I noticed on retailmenot.com that, apparently, last year they had a Christmas in July sale for 50% off of everything.  I was just about to place an order today for a couple things, so I can just walk around all day smelling like Polyjuice Potion, but if everything is going to go on sale in a couple weeks, I'll be a little sad that I bought stuff now.  

Did anyone shop with them last year this time?  Should we expect another "Christmas in July" sale?
If you sign up with a friends code you get $5 off a $30+ purchase. Also I've joined the Fortune Cookie group on Facebook and here's what we have for the foreseeable future:

June 27 - Butterbeer All of the Things

July 4 - Fun in the Sun Mini Collection

July 11 - Mist Me CYO

July 25 - Christmas in July (BOGO, and discounts on FC from what I've gathered, and this goes live at 9AM)

August 8 - Body Wash CYO

August 11 - Fall Boxes Ship

August 29 - Fall Launch Party

If you sign up with a friends code you get $5 off a $30+ purchase. Also I've joined the Fortune Cookie group on Facebook and here's what we have for the foreseeable future:

July 11 - Mist Me CYO

July 25 - Christmas in July (BOGO, and discounts on FC from what I've gathered, and this goes live at 9AM)

August 8 - Body Wash CYO

Thank you, as always you're the best! 

I don't want to wait until the end of July for this stuff.  I need to walk around smelling like Captain's Berried Botty and Polyjuice Potion all day right NAO, so I'll just get more goodies then =)

Hah yeah, I'm a new FCS addict, so I don't know what the sale is like, but I hear it's a mad house. If there are things you have to have, probably best to buy them before the sale. I'm going to try my luck because there are a lot of items I want, and nothing I'd be disappointed to miss, I just want the best deal!

July 11 - Mist Me CYO

August 8 - Body Wash CYO

Okay I am officially super excited, although my ban account is not. Yay!! Thank you!!

I placed an order Saturday during the CYO Whipped Cream event. I figured I would post here before I forget ... again ... I chose 1 WC in Peppermint Cream and another in Halloween Town. I am super-excited because Halloween Town from the NBC Box is my favorite scent ever and hopefully Peppermint Cream smells good because nothing else really stood out for me on the lists or the combos people were making. I used my Spring Box $10 off coupon.

I did Christmas in July last year and it was crazy for me! So many things sold out lightning quick. I put stuff in my cart and by the time I was done choosing half of it was gone. However, I still got a bunch of stuff and it was a pretty good deal. Then I had a billion Christmas-themed fortune cookie soaps in the middle of summer. LoL

I've been using the cherry OCD this week, and I've noticed that it's only cherry for a couple of seconds.  It morphs pretty much immediately to almonds on me.  (And I've been using it because my allergies have been going *insane*, so I'm sneezing constantly, but I keep forgetting that this particular scent -- at least in OCD form -- is *also* a sneezing trigger.)

The mailman is a jerk and claims he can't find my door anymore to leave packages, so I can't pick up my FCS order from the post office umtil tomorrow. FedEx and UPS delivery guys have no problem finding my *clearly marked* neon yellow and black number on my door. I just want my whipped creams. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went and got my CYO Whipped Creams from the Post Office today. Finally. And the dang tiny box they came in? Guess what? It fits in my mailbox. I harbor a great dislike for the mailman at this time. And I think the USPS lost my Birchbox Man.

The Whipped Creams smell amazing. Halloween Town could not be better. Peppermint Cream is not my favorite, but I like it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Sun In the Fun" collection is out now! I got the bug spray/bug balm combo and the new lip balm. I really wanted the liquid hand soap but I have a whole stash of other brands I need to use up first. The scent for that sounds awesome, though!

The "Sun In the Fun" collection is out now! I got the bug spray/bug balm combo and the new lip balm. I really wanted the liquid hand soap but I have a whole stash of other brands I need to use up first. The scent for that sounds awesome, though!
I just ordered the mini collection for my daughter.  We can't wait to get it.

I almost ordered the bug spray too.  @@Imberis  Let me know what you think of it after you try it out.  

I just ordered the mini collection for my daughter.  We can't wait to get it.

I almost ordered the bug spray too.  @@Imberis  Let me know what you think of it after you try it out.  
Will do! I hope it works. We've had way more mosquitoes than usual here and they're driving me nuts.

I ordered myself the mini-set. Couldn't resist. I should probably try restraint at some point. 

Just got the Sun in the Fun mini set and everything smells sooo good.  They gave us a free sample of the Tree of Life bath bomb too.  I hadn't smelled that scent yet & it smells nice.

I've only just stumbled across this company yesterday and I'm so bummed I missed this summer box I want to cry (but I'll hold myself together ; ) Does anyone by some chance want to sell their summer box or know how I could get one?

I'm all signed up for my fall box and I CAN'T WAIT! And I'm sure I won't be able to hold out on ordering tons of stuff before then. Pretty excited about this Xmas in July sale on Fri you guys are talking about.

Spoilers for the fall box!!!

Sounds like the theme will be Wicked! The collection will feature a flying monkey personal space that smells like air and bananas. Sounds fun!!
Is it on there website?? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> @@Lolo22

Last edited by a moderator:
Back