getting shiny hair

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,436
Reaction score
0
there are always some lucky people whos hair is extremely shiny and looks so healthy. mine is dyed and is very dry and doesnt shine much. how can i make it shine? ive heard of deep conditioning it, would this help, and what is it exactly and how do they do it? how much does it cost? any other tips to get shiny hair?

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Check to see if your salon does Biolage hydratherapie treatments... these things are awesome!!! You'll see a difference immediately!
Deep conditioners are great too... Paul Mitchell's "Hair Repair Treatment" is one I use a lot. You can also try a gloss 'dye' - (Clairol's JAzzing in Clear) or just heat up some olive oil... soak your hair, wrap in saran wrap and warm hair with a blow dryer


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Charmaine Also, right before you get out of the shower, put the water to cold and really wet it. I don't know how it happens, but it makes your hair really shiny. Yup! it's true... putting cold water on your hair closes the cuticle and the pores on the scalp... and will give your hair and extra boost of shine
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
have you tried using a product? i just bought brilliant brunette shine shock and i'll let you know how it works!

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
just rinsed my conditioner out with cold water!

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Jennifer have you tried using a product? i just bought brilliant brunette shine shock and i'll let you know how it works! I got a sample of this and I LOOOOOOOOOVE it! Makes my hair look and feel really nice.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Marisol I got a sample of this and I LOOOOOOOOOVE it! Makes my hair look and feel really nice. yay! thanks for the review! the weather's been SO crappy lately, so i haven't blowdryed/straightened my hair in forever and i only use things like that when i do, so i have to wait to use it!
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Jennifer yay! thanks for the review! the weather's been SO crappy lately, so i haven't blowdryed/straightened my hair in forever and i only use things like that when i do, so i have to wait to use it! I used it during the weekend since I had time to straighten my hair and I really liked it. Once I run out, I am going to get the regular size.
 
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Check to see if your salon does Biolage hydratherapie treatments... these things are awesome!!! You'll see a difference immediately!
Deep conditioners are great too... Paul Mitchell's "Hair Repair Treatment" is one I use a lot. You can also try a gloss 'dye' - (Clairol's JAzzing in Clear) or just heat up some olive oil... soak your hair, wrap in saran wrap and warm hair with a blow dryer
speaking of hydratherapie, i was just wondering if u have tried the cera-repair pro4 treatement in the biolage hydratherapie line?
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by sugersoul speaking of hydratherapie, i was just wondering if u have tried the cera-repair pro4 treatement in the biolage hydratherapie line?
Pro 4?? which one is that? I have the salon treatment (liquid in the glass vials) and the 'at home' treatment tubes (w/ the snap off tops)
The salon treatment is awesome... the home stuff is nice too - not as effective as the salon, but nice & definitley good to use inbetween treatments to keep hair looking healthy
 
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,436
Reaction score
0
wow i wasnt expecting this many answers, thanks


how much do Biolage hydratherapie treatments cost? ill try the cold water thing too, who would have thought its so easy


 

Latest posts

Top