Getting to know each other

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. I'm 21 and my nationality is half filipina half spanish, although both parents were born in the Philippines..n i was born n raised in San Francisco Ca.. I can understand tagalog n attempt to speak it, but don't know a word of spanish

2. my bf and i fell in love at 16 and i still feel like we're in our honeymoon phase

3. i *just* finished recovering from being really sick.. i even had to go to the er

4. i love: makeup, shoes, shopping, going to the movies, video games, biking, painting, having fun all the time, being silly.. i'm really neat and pay close attention to details

5. i live in the city and the suburbs so i get the bost of both worlds and love them both

oh yah my bf and i have a rabbit named chubs. he's got a big butt and i catch him laying down in the weirdest ways.. lol

1. Live in CA with husband of 2.5 years :icon_love but been together for almost 7 yrs.

2. Am currently on vacation- I'm a high school teacher so enjoy summers off
icon_cheesygrin.gif

3. I don't want children but would really like to adopt pets- a kitty and puppy so they don't fight w/each other but I can't now cause they won't let us have pets in this apt. building
icon_cry.gif

4. Spent a year in Japan with my husband teaching English in a private school-LOVED IT!! We recently had a student come visit- it was lots of fun showing her around
biggrin.gif

5. Go to the gym about 4x a week but recently been lazy
icon_redface.gif
so haven't gone for a week and a half--I'm soooo bad!!

~I'm 44
icon_lol.gif

~been married to same man for 22 years!

~we own 2 homes in Texas

~obsessed w/makeup

~love jeans, purses, shoes

~have a great dane named Beau---he's a total love:icon_love

~2 children I absolutely adore!--21 & 18

~work part time M-F 8-2

~am pretty much a homebody

Good idea for this thread...

1. My birthday is on November 2, 1991

2. I sometimes instigate stuff

3. It takes a while for me to get along with people

4. I am VERY shy when you first meet me

5. I stare a lot at times

6. I am the youngest of my family

7. I have two older sisters and one older brother

8. My favorite shows are Friends, Laguna Beach, and The Surreal Life

9. I cry at sad movies

10. I get VERY emotional and take EVERYTHING too serious!

This is Violet under Jennifer's name!!!

I'm really horrible at this, but this thread has been staring at me for days and I figured I'd better come up with some kind of answer.

1. I love photography. (I'm not a pro by any means).

2. Summer is my favorite season. My thought is, you can always cool down, but it's so much harder to warm up.

3. I LOVE living in Atlanta (metro), but I want to move overseas someday, perhaps to Tuscany.

4. I have a 6 year old son who is about to enter the 1st grade.

5. I love playing POGO!!
biggrin.gif

1. I was born in Palo Alto, California. I'm first generation here, my parents were born in Indonesia.

2. I'm Dutch-Indonesian, French and German. My husband is Filipino, born in the the Phillipines.

3. We have 2 children - 6 & 2 yrs old. Maybe one more?

4. We just returned from our vacation on the East Coast - New York and New Jersey. My husband grew up there (family moved here when he was 3), in Englishtown/Manalapan, New Jersey - near Freehold. Any of you New Jersey girls live near there? It's very green, very pretty.

5. My eye color when I was younger was more of a tiger-yellowish hazel, since my 20's, my eyes have become greener. My mom keeps asking me how I've changed my eye color! lol!

Originally Posted by Jennifer This is Violet under Jennifer's name!!! Tricky tricky...lol

Originally Posted by Marisol Tricky tricky...lol i forgot to log off her windows LOL

1. My name is Gail

2. I am mostly of French Ancestry and speak it fluently. I am also part Native American.

3. I am a Makeup Artist.

4. I LOVE to cook.

5. Music is one of my life's passions.

6. I have a dog named Jake.

7. I was born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba and now live in Vancouver, British Columbia.

8. I am a BIG time procrastinator.

9. I love motorcycles, trucks (especially big ones) and old muscle cars.

10. I have been with my b/f for almost four years.:icon_love

Ok, I figured I'd add in and post a few tid bits about me

1) I'm a 30 year old female, blonde hair blue eyes

2) I work as a student nurse at a hospital on the heart unit while I finish nursing school. I've been in health care for 12 years.

3) I live with my boyfriend

4) I'm addicted to reality TV, Cosmetics, and the Internet.

5) I've never smoked and hate, hate, hate the smell of it!

1. I was born and raised in Manhattan.

2. I live in the East Village with my boyfriend and our dog, Rex.

3. I'm 25, and I have worked at Sephora, MAC, and even the Chanel counter in Hawaii.

4. Currently, I'm a part-time student at NYU studying journalism.

5. I've read Sophie Kinsella's "Shopaholic Series" too many times.
redface.gif

[*]I am currently taking some time off and enjoying the summer while my parents are away.

[*]I am an avid beach-goer and could very easily be persuaded to move to a house on the beach.

[*]I'm in the market for a new car, but have no idea where to begin.

[*]My parents are from Europe and have been here well over 30 years.

[*]I am an only child, but I am the second child. My parents had a baby before I was born, but God had bigger and better plans for him. He filled my parent's lives with joy for a little while, but left them with lifelong memories to cherish. He would have been 27 this year.

[*]I always wanted an older brother.

[*]I would love to have lots of children when I finally settle down. By lots I mean 3.
icon_wink.gif

1. I'm Leony, and I live in Kochi city, Japan

2. I'm 25 and will be 26 on 13th August.

3. My wedding day is on 01-01-01.

4. We don't have a child yet, but we're working on it.

5. I only have mum and two brothers. (never met my real father ever since my parents divorced when I was 6 months years-old)

6. I have two cute dachshund, Maxie & Chantie.

7. I don't smoke, but I drink occasionally.

8. I don't have many knowledge on Makeup that is why I'm HERE to learn from the experts.

9. I love: art, shopping, movies, musics, electronics and making new friends.

10. I read many kinds of books, except romances novel.

11. I collect sleep wear, books, CDs and photos.

Well, that's a bit about me
biggrin.gif

This is such a great thread! I love MUT!

Originally Posted by Leony 5. I only have mum and two brothers. (never met my real father ever since my parents divorced when I was 6 months years-old) i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when i lived in the town i grew up in, it was 98% japanese in the building (all businessmen who traveled to NYC and we were right near it) and i never heard of a japanese divorcing. i always thought it was THE PERFECT culture, with no problems, especially in marriage. everyone was always so happy! that's so weird. i guess no culture's perfect
icon_redface.gif

again, i hope you don't take it the wrong way! my culture is like that: if you divorce, you're not the same, good person you used to be and something's wrong with you
icon_frown.gif
so lots of people don't do it.

i love learning about different cultures
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when i lived in the town i grew up in, it was 98% japanese in the building (all businessmen who traveled to NYC and we were right near it) and i never heard of a japanese divorcing. i always thought it was THE PERFECT culture, with no problems, especially in marriage. everyone was always so happy! that's so weird. i guess no culture's perfect
icon_redface.gif

again, i hope you don't take it the wrong way! my culture is like that: if you divorce, you're not the same, good person you used to be and something's wrong with you
icon_frown.gif
so lots of people don't do it.

i love learning about different cultures
icon_cheesygrin.gif

No worries, Jennifer. Well, actually nothing is perfect in this world. As a matter of fact, there is so many Japanese divorcing. Including my sister in-law, she divorced nearly two years ago and now she lived with us since cost of living in Japan is quite expensive.

I agree with you, they all seems like a happy family and culture, but who knows..

By the way I'm not Japanese, am Indonesian
wink.gif

People will never guess right where I came from, maybe it's because I have mixed blood. (not mudblood in Harry Potter haha)

Originally Posted by Leony No worries, Jennifer. Well, actually nothing is perfect in this world. As a matter of fact, there is so many Japanese divorcing. Including my sister in-law, she divorced nearly two years ago and now she lived with us since cost of living in Japan is quite expensive.

I agree with you, they all seems like a happy family and culture, but who knows..

By the way I'm not Japanese, am Indonesian
wink.gif

People will never guess right where I came from, maybe it's because I have mixed blood. (not mudblood in Harry Potter haha)

oh, sorry, thought you were japanese! i was gonna say, you don't look japanese, but it's a pic
icon_wink.gif

thanks for sharing that. maybe i should open my eyes up to the rest of the world LOL

Wow I didn't know there were so many fabulous folks on this board!

1. I live in Indiana, close to Notre Dame(Shhhhh, I am not a fan...could get booted out of the city if they knew)
icon_lol.gif

2. Graduated from Indiana University Bloomington.

3. Shop too much at Target...they know my name there
icon_redface.gif

4. Can't stand dressing up in corporate clothes anymore, so trying to telecommute.

5. Am finishing up treatment for breast cancer.

Ty! Luckily feeling pretty well. Am fortunate to to have great family & friends. And of course new distractions(MUT!).

Originally Posted by Charmaine Wow Zinn, you're a brave woman! Hope things are going ok for you!

1.I am A guy that likes dressing up as a women

2 I live in South West Florida

3.I work as a network/printer tech have am microsoft certified

3.I have 3 cats

4. have been married to same girl for 22 years...think I'll keep her

5. I dont have as much time as I use to for my web groups

6. I really love being one of the girls!..

Originally Posted by pla4u 4. have been married to same girl for 22 years...think I'll keep her LOL

Back