Getting your Makeup Done Professionally: Fail or Fantastic?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went yesterday to Ulta for the Urban Decay makeover. The makeup artist I had said she travels and works for Urban Decay, she was really nice and super positive. I told her I usually do black eyeliner and the pin-up look, so she could try something different. I did end up buying the cream to powder foundation. I hope it's worth it because it was $34!!! I got a huge eyeshadow primer and a pencil sharpener. If you bought 3 UD items you got a free gift... so below are all the pictures :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My makeup did look good, very spring/summery. I would have preferred a more dramatic look but I was just glad I didn't have to come home and wash it all off! I also did a professional photo shoot with the makeup on but I don't have those pics yet. I'll post them when I get 'em!

Sorry some of the quality of the pictures are so bad - cell phone camera...boo!!!

No offense to you (you're gorgeous) but that makeup job doesn't look that great.  Maybe it's your phone like you said but the colors looks uneven and blotchy :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No offense to you (you're gorgeous) but that makeup job doesn't look that great.  Maybe it's your phone like you said but the colors looks uneven and blotchy :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No I agree... it wasn't what I thought a professional would do. It looked better in person, hopefully the professional pics look better. I think I some contouring in those though and fixed my eyebrows. I liked the springy look, but I felt like it kinda made my face look very round. 

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to agree. The liner is uneven and the shadow too light to be Urban Decay. I love Urban Decay but that MUA should go back and get some training.

OOH I forgot... I also got a liquid liner with the gift bag.. duh, how did I forget?!?! It's full sized and green (Shattered). 

I gotta get the photographer to photoshop the other pictures... I feel like I have super round face in all the pictures, so ehhh.. it's not as good as I thought LOL

I had my makeup professionally done for my wedding many years ago and I ended up re-doing it myself.  It was not a good experience, but back then you didn't go for a trial run before the big day.  You just showed up on the day of and hoped it went well! 

Since I'm in Canada, I usually get mine done at the local Shoppers Drug Mart. I move so much though that the MUAs that I became friends with, I can't go in and see them anymore to get my makeup done.
frown.gif
  I went in so often to talk to the girls who were working that I knew the Beauty Boutique manager. Oddly, she, like the other girls liked having someone around to talk to part of the day.

Originally Posted by TMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had my makeup professionally done for my wedding many years ago and I ended up re-doing it myself.  It was not a good experience, but back then you didn't go for a trial run before the big day.  You just showed up on the day of and hoped it went well! 
 I always wondered if they did a test run. I'd demand it!

Back