Glasses and eye makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For you girls who wear glasses, do you tone down your eye makeup when you're wearing them? I like to wear makeup on my eyes most days, but I'm just wondering if you think it's "too much" with a fully made up eye and then glasses?

I find that when I wear my glasses, I tend to do my makeup a littler heavier, so you can see it beneath the lenses. And then I just keep the rest of my face neutral. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

if i wear makeup i wont wear my glasses, thats why i never wear glasses on college days, my glasses are think red rimmed

Cant see without my glasses, and I wear makeup every day. If my eye makeup is to neutral my eyes disappear so I usually do up my eyes with a liner on inner lower eye, eyeshadow and mascar. If I dont do the liner on inner lower eye my eyes also disappear. Sometimes just liner and mascara (which is more a innocent look for me haha

I wear glasses and play up my eyes. Usually, I wear darker shadow with a smoky look. Recently found stila and mac eyeliner in the jars. my new holy grails.

That's why I love my contacts. When I wear my glasses I tend to go light but when I wear my contacts it's anything goes. Since I like bringing out my eyes, I do not wear my glasses that much except for at home or doing quick errands.

I was asking because I remember reading in a magazine a few years ago that when you wear glasses you should go light on the makeup... But I don't want to do that! :sleepyhead:

Whenever I wear glasses I still were makeup, most of the girls in school who wear glasses also wear makeup, i think it helps bring attention to the glasses.

Tyra did a flaunt it or fix it show and they had a girl who wanted to be sexy with her glasses and they showed how to do her makeup and she looked real nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> here is the link, its at the bottom of the page, maybe this can help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Tyra Banks Show

I always make my eye MU a little heavier when I'm wearing my glasses. It looks the perfect tone/colour in the mirror but I find, as soon as I put my glasses on, the lights cause a glare on the lenses and my eye MU doesn't look as bright/colourful!

I also apply my makeup heavier when I wear my glasses, just because I think the glasses kinda hide the colors a little bit.

I always wear glasses, so I rarely do my eye makeup because I figure it can't be seen. I don't deal with people up close, so there's no reason to do it. Everytime I do make up my eyes they look so nice, and then I feel like it was a waste because I have to cover them with glasses. I think I'm going to start wearing contacts again, because I want to do my makeup more now.

My frames are dark so I tend to stick to eyeliner and a bit of mascara. I find that even if I wear eyeshadow and my glasses, you can't really see it much.

i love colorful eyes, and my glasses are pale mauve so i can use every color of e/s i want, it will look good. i tend to go heavier on the mascara, and i suppose on e/s too. i love bringing out my eyes so glasses or contacts, it's okay for me. when i wear glasses i really make sure my brows look good. that way people are attracted by my eyes, not my brows.

My glasses have navy blue thin frames and they suit me. I always wear eye makeup and it works fine with them. The only thing is, I try to avoid lengthening mascaras as I hate it when a mascara makes my lashes so long they brush against the lenses!

I know what you mean! If I apply mascara it's a very light coating and I tend to go heavier on the eyeliner.

Back