Glossybox April 2014 (Spoilers!!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no word from Glossybox and no update on my account page. I am a little upset.

Me, too.  I tried to call and now their recording says they aren't taking calls but to send an email.  Nice work!
If they're not going to pick up the phone, they could at least bother to respond to emails. Even though I didn't ask for it, I am happy they switched my 3 month sub to start in May so I don't get double April boxes. However, doing that with no explanation is still not an acceptable substitute for responding to my email and actually answering my questions about my missing April box and how that Bergdorfs expiration date that's a little ambitious for a company with this many shipping issues.

Btw I keep meaning to tell you I love your avatar! Your dog is so cute! Reminds me of mine back home at my mom's!

If they're not going to pick up the phone, they could at least bother to respond to emails. Even though I didn't ask for it, I am happy they switched my 3 month sub to start in May so I don't get double April boxes. However, doing that with no explanation is still not an acceptable substitute for responding to my email and actually answering my questions about my missing April box and how that Bergdorfs expiration date that's a little ambitious for a company with this many shipping issues.

Btw I keep meaning to tell you I love your avatar! Your dog is so cute! Reminds me of mine back home at my mom's!
I completely agree.  I asked in an email for them to move my 2nd 3 mo sub from Apr-June to May-July. We'll see, though.  Thanks for the comment on my doggie.  Her name is Stella and she is such a love! We rescued her about 18 months ago and I have no idea how we got by before we adopted her. She is the best!

this thread should be dead now since it's may but nooooo glossybox wants to play around with people's money and ish. i'm about to go to the bbb.
I have a feeling this thread won't die until mid-May. XD

I have a feeling this thread won't die until mid-May. XD
yup. pretty much. i'm kicking myself in the pants for not paying via paypal for this or the bergdorf box. my bank will freeze my account and reissue a new card if i want to dispute a transaction so that's the only reason why i haven't filed a bank dispute with glossybox yet.  i hope they would stop ignoring my requests for a refund.

yup. pretty much. i'm kicking myself in the pants for not paying via paypal for this or the bergdorf box. my bank will freeze my account and reissue a new card if i want to dispute a transaction so that's the only reason why i haven't filed a bank dispute with glossybox yet.  i hope they would stop ignoring my requests for a refund.
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And ugh, I just really despise Glossybox for their inconsistent CS and their disgustingly late shipping times but I can't quit them because of their really great collaboration boxes. D:<

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And ugh, I just really despise Glossybox for their inconsistent CS and their disgustingly late shipping times but I can't quit them because of their really great collaboration boxes. D:<
same here. the only reason why i put up with their crap because their boxes exceed the cost of the box 99% of the time. i couldn't say no to bergdorf this month. #noselfcontrol 

I'm not usually impatient about these, but what has happened here is ridiculous. My April box was in the "pack" stage for three weeks (charged on April 9) and I have yet to receive it. As of yesterday, it still said "pack". Today I just got charged again, and it shows that I only have a box in the "pay" stage. I can't tell if I'm getting charged twice for the same thing, or what's going on. I wish you could cancel this sub with a click instead of a freakin' phone call.

ETA: I checked my emails (Glossybox has a "fake" email address for me that I typically don't check). I got a shipping email for the April box at 2:35am today. I was charged for the May box at 4:15am. So...ok. If I get the stuff and am not being double-charged, fine. They really need to work on some things, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ughhh mine's *Still* in the pack stage. I emailed CS and they literally have said nothing useful. I'm really sick of waiting as I'm sure we all are.

My April Box hasn't shipped but my Mothers Day box shipped today by newgistics. I was also charged for May today. Yeah I'm pretty disappointed. First time glossybox. No response to any of my emails in days. I can see why ther Facebook is filled with complaints.

I completely agree.  I asked in an email for them to move my 2nd 3 mo sub from Apr-June to May-July. We'll see, though.  Thanks for the comment on my doggie.  Her name is Stella and she is such a love! We rescued her about 18 months ago and I have no idea how we got by before we adopted her. She is the best!
Aw she's so cute!! Any luck with them moving your sub? I woke up to a shipping email this morning. That's probably the only "response" I'll get. Terrible CS.

Still no response from Glossybox. How hard is it to respond to an e-mail?
I've sent them 3 emails in the last 3 days. The first one got a 3 sentence response that may as well have been a mass email because it was totally impersonal and gave no information specific to my account. After the second one, I woke up to a confirmation email saying that my 3 month sub moved to start in May instead of April but with no explanation or response. And today after the third one, I woke up to a shipping confirmation email and no response.

Apparently for them, simply responding to an email and answering the questions asked is very hard.

April is my first box and I paid with paypal, well today I got an email that there was a problem with my payment for May and I'm confused because that paypal is still fine with plenty of funds available to it. Will they not automatically recharge paypal? I'm confused. 
And also angry, because why are they attempting to charge me for May when I still have no tracking for April??

I noticed Glossy has gone completely dark on FB.  I usually lurk there for daily updates.  They haven't posted a chirpy photo/blurb in quite a few days. 

I hope everyone gets their boxes this week!

Mine says that it shipped out today but it's not supposed to arrive for another 3 days or so. I'm also confused about that PINK bonus code that was supposed to give you a free blush with sign-up because I haven't seen anyone unbox one yet. Does anyone know if they actually sent out those blushes?

Yeah, I had the code for the beauty blender but it doesn't show anywhere on my confirmation email. I'm going to be pissed if I don't get it though and I'm not going to be able to prove it.

Latest posts

Back