Glossybox December 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same response as Lindahusker:

"There was an error in our system. You ARE going to receive your December box at no additional charge within (2) weeks. We apologize for the error."

I'm glad they are sending the December box free of charge, but I wish they had reached out in advance regarding this issue, though (since it appears to be widespread). It would have been much nicer to have received a similar e-mail notice in advance, instead of having to contact CS and wait days for a resolution.

My Glossybox is here and I got 2 variations. 

The things I got that were the same as reviewer's boxes so far are: The nail polish in the color Feverish. The MTJ mascara, and the Aubergine eye shadow.

Generally speaking, I do not care for red nail polish, but I really like this deep dark shade of red. I am very sensitive to certain nail polish fumes. Not sure if this one will make the cut yet. I plan to add the mascara to a Christmas gift and it made it here just in time! I haven't swatched the eye shadow yet, but I think it is a good color for me.  

The things I got in place of the sugar scrub and the lipstick are: EMK Beverly Hills Supra Face Cream .33 oz and LashFood Conditioning Lash Primer .13oz.

The EMK Supra Face Cream is really small but since the full size is $142, it's RV is $28.40. I love getting expensive lotions and creams, so I am pretty happy with that.  I like to use the lash primer without mascara. My lashes are very dark and thick but they are also coarse and straight, so the conditioning lash primer  helps me soften my lashes before I curl them. I would have to say lash conditioner is my favorite discovery since getting sub boxes. I am really happy to get another one

Last edited by a moderator:
My Glossybox is here and I got 2 variations.

The things I got that were the same as reviewer's boxes so far are: The nail polish in the color Feverish. The MTJ mascara, and the Aubergine eye shadow.

Generally speaking, I do not care for red nail polish, but I really like this deep dark shade of red. I am very sensitive to certain nail polish fumes. Not sure if this one will make the cut yet. I plan to add the mascara to a Christmas gift and it made it here just in time! I haven't swatched the eye shadow yet, but I think it is a good color for me.

The things I got in place of the sugar scrub and the lipstick are: EMK Beverly Hills Supra Face Cream .33 oz and LashFood Conditioning Lash Primer .13oz.

The EMK Supra Face Cream is really small but since the full size is $142, it's RV is $28.40. I love getting expensive lotions and creams, so I am pretty happy with that. I like to use the lash primer without mascara. My lashes are very dark and thick but they are also coarse and straight, so the conditioning lash primer helps me soften my lashes before I curl them. I would have to say lash conditioner is my favorite discovery since getting sub boxes. I am really happy to get another one.
I got this variation too. The shadow is really pretty, I wasn't expecting to like it. I like that it's a light purply taupe. I expected it to be less neutral.

I'm getting my box today. I saw someone on facebook got the hand cream, full size too valued at $18.

I'm curious about my variations. 

ETA: Color me underwhelmed. 

IMG_0372.JPG

I'm really sad I didn't get the hand cream or the scrub.  I won't use lash primer aka white mascara, this box is just so boring to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my very first month of Glossybox I got two boxes...the January box and some random one a couple of days later.  Thought it was a mistake but I didn't get a December box so I guess my 1 year sub is up.  I kind of wanted the eyeshadow but I don't really think I'll miss Glossybox at all. 

I'm getting my box today. I saw someone on facebook got the hand cream, full size too valued at $18.

I'm curious about my variations. 

ETA: Color me underwhelmed. 

IMG_0372.JPG

I'm really sad I didn't get the hand cream or the scrub.  I won't use lash primer aka white mascara, this box is just so boring to me.
That facial cream looks super tiny, probably because it's so expensive. I'm hoping to get the hand cream. I don't mind getting the lash primer though. I'm using one from a previous box and I like it. 

A box randomly showed up after all...mascara, shadow, gold label lipstick in private jets, nail polish in feverish, coconut scrub. Should be my last one of I am remembering correctly that it started in January.

A box randomly showed up after all...mascara, shadow, gold label lipstick in private jets, nail polish in feverish, coconut scrub. Should be my last one of I am remembering correctly that it started in January.
did you already use up your glossydots? 

Me too! Never got a shipping notice, the box just showed up today. I'm happy I got the scrub! I received the coconut variation. I know some people didn't want coconut in winter, but I live in southern California, so seasons... not really an issue. Maybe they do take location into consideration.

did you already use up your glossydots? 
I can never get my act together in time to fill out the surveys, so I only have like 100 glossydots.  I was much more motivated to stay on top of reviews for Birchbox since that's real $$ instead of another meh glossybox. 

I guess that random "classic" box the first month was a mistake...when I log into my account it now says I have no active subscriptions.  Hopefully they don't flip me to month to month; I should probably give them a call just in case.  I am ready to be done with this one. 

Me too! Never got a shipping notice, the box just showed up today. I'm happy I got the scrub! I received the coconut variation. I know some people didn't want coconut in winter, but I live in southern California, so seasons... not really an issue. Maybe they do take location into consideration.
I live in Ohio and got the coconut scrub, but seeing as how it was almost 70 degrees the other day and there is no snow in sight, I am okay with the coconut...it will help me pretend that there is some sun to go along with the warmer weather instead of gray skies and rain. Maybe they should have sent me a hemp scrub, the official scent of Seattle ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I live in Ohio and got the coconut scrub, but seeing as how it was almost 70 degrees the other day and there is no snow in sight, I am okay with the coconut...it will help me pretend that there is some sun to go along with the warmer weather instead of gray skies and rain. Maybe they should have sent me a hemp scrub, the official scent of Seattle ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LOL.

I used the scrub this morning, the scent is very subtle.  I really love this scrub!! It leaves your skin moisturized, but not too oily. This is my favorite Glossybox item in a very long time.

All this talk of the scrub makes me really sad I didn't get it. I'm scouring the swapping sources for it.

My variations were the hand cream and a color protecting leave in conditioner. The eyeshadow is a lot prettier in person than in pictures, but not very pigmented. When I swatched it I could barely see it on my skin. I'll try it wet/with a primer.

Back